Spoiler Bastian

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Rin.rinaaa, Jan 13, 2023.

1. darkcrystal

darkcrystal Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is it me or any one who thinks these kind of authors are quite overrated just because of their writing style? I mean let's be honest in today's generation we don't deserve female characters who literally ended up became a shameless stupid masochist in the name of romantic endings especially when these kind of stories which target female audiences some readers literally screaming don't mind shitty ml but try the story it deserves a chance but what is the meaning of good writing styles when they can't make a satisfactory endings for the story? Can't even use their skills for encouraging a good moral development? There are many readers who like to fantasize this kind of stories and quite immature to think "oh this the real love no matter how much mls tortured fls they'll still fall in love" just because they're handsome these readers naturally find them redeemable lol
    Stories like betrayal of dignity, cry even better if you beg etc are kind of stories I ended up realized there's no point of feeling pity on fls coz the thing I felt sorry for them they ended up accepting them as if those things doesn't matter ngl the last romantic moments felt like a punch to me all my pity is not worth for these fls and worst these authors are extremely lucky their work adapted into manhwa with best quality of art to attract viewers and i agree bastian and problematic prince webtoons are so attractive to miss in the 1st place.
    I naturally came to hate Leila after the ending of cebiyb infact compared to it for some reason I like bastian and problematic prince Odette is quite hated for her selfish moves here which is something i actually liked its better both the characters are toxic than one is suffering through out the whole time, in PP Bjorn is quite less toxic than these two mls atleast he didn't use the means of rape or blackmailed fl to have her consent in doing sex but nonetheless all of the stories have the same reusable plot.

Last edited: May 17, 2023
  2. luliibunny

luliibunny Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    She made a cameo,Odette saw a school girl in a bike when she left Mattias house,but they didn't interacted neither had Leyla talked.
    I really hope Leyla will make an appearance in the side stories since she married Mattias after the war was over.

3. mushishinature

mushishinature Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I see some people are talking about toxicity of this story, I believe most of us here know what is right and what is wrong, we definitely don't support rape or violence against women, even when Bastian was betrayed we supported Odette because he was jerk and she didn't have choice. We also understand that place and time in this novel is different then our modern world. I personally like reading about moraly gray characters, it doesn't have to be romance and I don't like fake virtue signaling on internet. I hope I'm decent person in real life and what I'm reading is none of people's business. But I definitely think next time if author decides to write angst ant toxic love story I would like to see male and female characters equally toxic and bad and no rape or physical violence please.

Last edited: May 17, 2023
  4. mushishinature

Reading List:
    Link
    I will nitpick again, in novel he is someone who is saying rudest things with fake smile and polite face or with not much expression in this chapter he looks too angry, also Odette is bit more stoic and cold in novel. It doesn't matter manhwa author is allowed to have creative liberties. If I understand it correctly they have one door from outside, Odette has to pass through Bastian's room to get to hers. :hmm:

5. Yuki143321

Yuki143321 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is it true that the red hair almost forced Bastian to have seggs with her she even unbuckled his belt but Bastian luckily managed to stop it when he got back to his senses? any spoilers here thankyou :notlikeblob::blobowo:

mushishinature likes this.
  6. Yuki143321

Yuki143321 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link

i see thankyou lmao that btch is so desperate and thirsty for Bastians Dick

7. mentalnette

mentalnette Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Not sure if this was talked about but...

The unnamed Fantasia that Odette and Bastian loved to listen in the novel and the one Odette later played (twice or thrice) was probably Sonata quasi una fantasia a.k.a Piano Sonata No. 14 in C-sharp minor, a.k.a Moonlight Sonata by Ludwig van Beethoven.

Here are the clues

1. It was described in the novel that when Bastian listened to the fantasia, the music reminded him of moonlight. The name "moonlight sonata" was given to the composition by German poet Ludwig Rellstab since the 1st movement reminded him of "a boat visiting, by moonlight, the primitive landscapes of Vierwaldstättersee in Switzerland".
    2. In the novel, the contrasting difference between the movements, the trill technique that Odette showed Bastian as well as the da capo instruction that she read were used during the 3rd and 2nd movements of this quasi fantasia.
    3. Since the Bastian novel borrows the aesthetics of the German Empire/the old German states heavily (of the 1810s to early WW I), it makes sense that the composer alluded to in the work is Ludwig van Beethoven.
    4. Another clue is Bastian's greeting in his first and last love letter to Odette (as far as the novel plot goes): "To My Eternal Odette". This was probably inspired by the famous line "To the Immortal Beloved", Beethoven's greeting to Antonie Brentano in his love letter to her.
    5. Since Beethoven's tragic love stories were caused by the social inequality between him and the women he pursued, it makes sense to use his composition because the story of Bastian and Odette is one of social inequality as well.

Bonus:
    The original handwritten composition of the quasi una fantasia:
    [​IMG]

The Immortal beloved letter by Beethoven:
    [​IMG]

The complete movements of this composition:

Edited for clarity. :)

Last edited: May 30, 2023
  8. mushishinature

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow thank you, I like this composition but I never connected them despite noticing as you said possible influence of German empire in late 19 and early 20th century.

mentalnette likes this.
  9. Cookiemonster_007isback

Cookiemonster_007isback I need them cookies

Reading List:
    Link
    What a great information.

mottorarara and mentalnette like this.
  10. mottorarara

mottorarara Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So finally is there any spoilers?? I miss the happy bastian already

I ever read this kind of clue when I'm crazily looking for Odette and Bastian but at that time i don't really understand the meaning of the song and Germany background. Your thoughts and source are amazing

the comparation is very meaningful

mentalnette and Breakthewall like this.
  11. Diell88

Diell88 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So Bastian's side stories is really coming on 21st June.

Summer soltice Wednesday :D

12. Rin.rinaaa

Rin.rinaaa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yay! This is wonderful news :blobparty:

13. mentalnette

mentalnette Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for reading my post on p.159 of this thread about the history of the fantasia (Moonlight Sonata) that Odette played.
    I've read a bit more and I want to talk about this character. SANDRINE DELAVIER (Countess Lennart), the railroad magnate daughter who was obsessed with Bastian and whom Bastian originally intended to use.

[​IMG]

I might be wrong but I think she is based on several different heiresses from the Gilded Age (1870-1890s) to the 1910s. I match the profiles with this era because the aesthetics of the Bastian novel and the webtoon are loosely based on those eras.

Here are the possible historical figures.

A. HATTIE CROCKER (Harriet Valentine Crocker)

The character Sandrine was pretty, red haired and blue eyed. She was also a proud and sharp railroad heiress. Historically, American heiress Hattie Crocker was famous for her looks (same blue eyes, same red hair). The daughter of Gilded Age railroad magnate Charles Crocker, Hattie's said to be "plucky like a tigress" and "bright, vivacious, beautiful" and even charmed the writer Oscar Wilde.

Painting of Hattie Crocker by Giovanni Boldini
    [​IMG]

B. DAISY FELLOWES (Marguerite Séverine Philippine Decazes de Glücksberg)

In the Bastian novel and webtoon, Sandrine's first husband (Count Lennart) was of noble blood. He was gay and she sought to divorce him. Sandrine found that her husband was sleeping with a man.

The same goes for Daisy Fellowes, French-American heiress to the Singer Sewing Machine, whose first husband, Prince de Broglie, was noble but was apparently gay and then committed suicide when this was exposed. Rumor has it that Daisy walked in on her husband's intimacy with their chauffeur.

Sandrine in the novel had many lovers and Daisy was also notorious for having many lovers. She even seduced her friends' husbands and her daughters' boyfriends.

Painting of Daisy Fellowes by Jacques-Émile Blanche
    [​IMG]

C. LUISA CASATI STAMPA (Luisa Amman)

In a climactic arc of the novel, Sandrine gained a new notoriety after she became a patron of new artists and used this opportunity to expose Franz Klauvitz' secret indecent paintings of Odette.

Many heiresses were patron of arts during the Gilded Age to 1910s, but Austrian-Italian Marchesa Luisa Casati was the notorious one among these heiresses for her dyed bright reddish orange hair, for her eccentricities, and for abandoning her husband for a lover.

Painting of Luisa Casati by Giovanni Boldini
    [​IMG]

These are all just my surmise based on the plot and what I read.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2023
    Shendee90, DOHere, Jeenajin and 8 others like this.
  14. Cookiemonster_007isback

Cookiemonster_007isback I need them cookies

Reading List:
    Link
    That is so disgusting.
    Thanks for sharing. The last painting is so amazing, never heard about this artists but now I would like to search more.

15. Ffg

Ffg Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This is really random but I really admire how organized this forum is like every question, link is perfectly mentioned/linked on the front page✨
    It's beautiful

16. cyrahnts

cyrahnts Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Side story is out:aww:

Lilactsuki222, Ffg and luliibunny like this.
  17. luliibunny

luliibunny Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I5a8.gif

Lilactsuki222 and Ffg like this.
  18. Midnight37

Midnight37 .✧˙✮.Forever Lost In The Starry Sky˙✮.✧

Reading List:
    Link
    YASSSSS AND THERE ARE FIVE OF THEM (side story chapters) :D:D:D:D

But the title is "Nursing diary" ? o_O Is it going to be some sort of flashbacks? :hmm:

Lilactsuki222 and Ffg like this.
  19. ODETEKLAUSITZ

ODETEKLAUSITZ Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Quero muito ver a Sandrine pagar por tudo que fez com a Odette.. sofrer muito ao ver a felicidade do nosso casal.. e casar com um homem muito feio e chato kk...

Manolyaisabella and luliibunny like this.