Spoiler The Baby Concubine Wants to Live Quietly

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Mikaa, Jan 29, 2021.

1. MangaCommission

MangaCommission Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    thanks for the clarity.
    i was ultra confused reading the manga bcuz they call the concubines 'ladyship' but the pronouns are 'him' but sometimes also 'her'. Like, does this world have dual gender or what?

IIVISS likes this.
  2. Serphinalily

Serphinalily Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No. It's because pronouns are pronounced the same whether the subject is male or female. Mtl generally uses context clues to assign male/female to pronouns when translating from a language with more neutral pronouns (korean, Chinese, Japanese) to a language with gendered pronouns like English. Because this story is in a harem setting with emperor and concubines, mtl think the emperor should naturally be assigned male pronouns and concubines should be assigned female pronouns. Hence the gender pronoun confusion.

ikhors, evanesco99211 and its0k like this.
  3. IIVISS

IIVISS Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    IKR I’m so confused at first lol

4. Luna Skye

Luna Skye Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm... From what I gather it seems like they all treat her like a daughter (especially the emperor). And she seems to have gotten the favour of the redhead and the blind fold guy...
    Is her father an antagonist? Will there be problems? Will she succeed in her goal of living quietly?

5. Yuu3K

Yuu3K Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Does anyone know why the emperor and concubines started to love MC unlike the novel version? E.g. they hated or faked their affection for her in the novel but seems to genuinely be caring for her as a tiny child now.

AlmostMeds, Kauser Suba and LaRue like this.
  6. Kauser Suba

Kauser Suba Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So far I read like 25 chapters and I think that the empress loves Sanya like her daughter. I think empress wants Sanya to like her(empress).
    I dunno what else to say but all I can say is that empress loves Sayan as her daughter(⁠*⁠´⁠ω⁠`⁠*⁠)

It's bc Sanya is really mature of her age and knows how to humble herself. Idk about anyone but most people think kids are kind of annoying in this age so they didn't thought that a child could be this mature and know how to hide her expressions. So everyone likes her and they want to make her more like an 8 year old girl. And since they know that she was never loved or favored that's why they kind of automatically wanted to give her affection. That's what I think

Last edited: Jun 13, 2023
    donaiseiyuu and AlmostMeds like this.
  7. Lucy_

Lucy_ Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is not there any new spoiler about Sanya?
    I want to chick if Sanya is the original sanya bcz she mentioned that her current baby face resembles her baby face in Korea

8. dy2021

dy2021 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    At the site I'm reading the raws, someone spoiled that the current life is actually the 3rd life of Sanya.
    The first one: the empress was the emperor and Sanya the empress, but she was neglected by the emperor, and ended up dying, so the emperor felt guilt.
    The 2nd: in korea, they were reborn as mother (empress) and daughter (Sanya), but the mother ended up dying earlier.
    The 3rd: is the current life.

schmawesome, sinyoalex, mmem and 6 others like this.
  9. Yuu3K

Yuu3K Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That's.... really messed up, man :blobconcerned:

So in the novel when Sanya was and behaviour as an actual 8 years old who was never loved or favored, they lied, manipulated and tormented her till she died at a young age. So when she transmigrated (maybe even reborn?) and understood that everyone hated (or in the empress case, didn't care for) the real 8 years old Sanya, she tried to be a quiet and perfect child instead. Because of that, everyone wants her to be more childish again? That's fucked up.

Poor Sanya, I get why she's utterly confused and refused to understand why they started to care/love her too if that was the only factor.

10. Kauser Suba

Reading List:
    Link
    Ngl it really is messed up.....
    But you should remember that she was accused of treason right?
    I'm sure that was the reason why empress couldn't save her
    Maybe there's some politics we dunno and that was the reason why OG Sanya died.....
    But if we're talking about other people then we can say that she's different and that's why those male concubines accepted her
    Empress was always kind to Sanya, no matter which Sanya it was.
    It was those concubines who couldn't accept the OG Sanya being nothing more than a kid...... Poor girl:(

Laly95 likes this.
  11. Luna Skye

Luna Skye Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Basically male jealousy isn't any less poisonous that female, if I get it right.

AlmostMeds and Kauser Suba like this.
  12. Kauser Suba

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah you're right:meowtihihi:

13. Enkhidu

Enkhidu Active Member

Reading List:
    Link

Deleted member 475588 likes this.
  14. DOHere

DOHere Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Gosh, it's so annoying when the MC's new life is clearly different from the novel, but the MC is just a blockhead. I'm getting exasperated by her

15. its0k

its0k Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can anyone spoil how MC ends up with ML? IRL concubines usually couldn’t divorce an emperor, so I wonder how it was solved legally.

16. ZodiacTemplar

ZodiacTemplar Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm starting to think that some of the concubines are female. The story pretty much puts the concubines in two baskets. The basket that is there to give the emperor a heir and the basket that is there for political power. The first basket is self explanatory, but the second basket's setting is actually pretty smart. We all know that powerful families always use their children as pawns right? Well, in this story they do this by sending their elites, in both smarts and magical abilities, to the emperor. The cool part is that this also benefits the emperor because of her power, a sort of charm. So the concubines work for their families but also for the emperor because they love her. A win win.

Of course we have the MC, who was sent as a "political pawn" while having no power (does she have no power? haven't read beyond the Manhwa) and being a child so there was no win for the emperor there. Sneaky antagonist is sneaky.

The male concubines can belong to both camps, but the female concubines belong only to the political camp, just like the MC. Lately we've seen a concubine, a tsundere, which I'm pretty sure is a woman, hence why I think some concubines are female.

MiserableSOUL, mmem and Laly95 like this.
  17. KristinaMariaSara

KristinaMariaSara Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Spoiler please :blob_plusone:

18. S.cale_roksoo

S.cale_roksoo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Spoilers about after ch 41 of manhwa please who are the peaple who used magic and more spoilers about sanyas origin is she really unrelated to emperor (aka Empress)

19. Hypothon

Hypothon Semi-known disqus/NUF smut/shoujo commenter.

Reading List:
    Link
    I think in olden times, they're really not related. I believe it's been spoiled here (or aggregator site comment section) that empress felt bad Sanya died on TL1 that when she was reborn on modern TL, they were a single mom and child (yep, its the 3rd life scenario). So, other than relations on modern times, here, guess not

Jukki and S.cale_roksoo like this.
  20. Missaaa

Missaaa Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There's barely any spoilers here:meowsadlife: Is the novel still not translated yet? I want to read

schmawesome likes this.