Spoiler Happy ending for the time-limited villainess

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by HazyPrecise, Dec 4, 2020.

1. yin_yang47

yin_yang47 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What happened was. Isaac prepared 100 convicts but this was not enough to bring back Clea. What Isaac got was a wish. They were able to see her shitty family in the original world. And his wish was for her family to suffer and die painfully.

He made another contract with the Demon lord to have clea back in exchange for him slaying and offering the soul of a dragon.

evanesco99211 likes this.
  2. ros.ciel

ros.ciel Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I just saw some recent manhwa chapters, and I just wanted to highlight the novel's differences.
    • No dragon was hunted in the novel iirc.
    • MC returned to ML's world with her original body (meaning her Korean self). She didn't take on OG Clea's appearance. ML, Eclipse, and Pan created a new identity for her and had her adopted into a family of nobility (iirc it's one of the aristocratic friends MC made before she returned to Korea). Iirc the Demon King didn't take Pan as well, cos he was still in the side stories with ML and MC's kids.
    • MC lives under the illusion that she's living "freely" and doing whatever she wants. In truth, ML has full control over her environment. As he described himself, she's in a huge birdcage, it's just that she doesn't realize it yet. MC returning to Korea traumatized him and he swore to himself she would never be able to get away from him no matter what.
    • I think it was before they had their twins, ML and MC went on a trip to a remote area (some mountain) cos MC wanted to see it iirc. While going around the marketplace in that village/town, MC bumped into an old man (iirc). And the old man was so shocked seeing MC and started mumbling and pointing around MC. MC was confused, but ML intervened and took MC away from there. Later that day (or I think it was night), ML and some of his knights secretly visited the old man iirc. ML and the old man talked. The old man said that MC is cursed. ML asked why. The old man said that he could see hundreds of souls following MC, that MC might not be human (something along that line). ML went there to confirm his suspicion that the old man saw something about MC. ML was so obsessed over the fact that MC should never find out how she got back cos he was scared she would hate him for killing 1000 people. So he killed the old man as well, to make sure not a word could reach MC.
    • Years later, MC decided to apply the concept of Christmas, so she had their mansion decorated and all. Their kids were a few years older now. Iirc the celebration was about to start but ML, Pan, and Eclipse were not in the hall yet, so MC searched for them and found the three in a room, talking. The three were talking about MC and she overheard them talking about the 1000 souls sacrificed for her. This upset MC so much, she ran away to her room and cried iirc. She now realized how much she wanted to believe ML so much when he told her that he only sacrificed some souls, and how much it made sense to MC what the three were trying to hide from her. She thought of running away with the kids but remembered how influential ML was, that no matter where she goes, she'll only be dragged back again. She also realized how "caged" she actually was, because even the friends and connections she made had, one way or another, something to do with ML. It's sort of idk bittersweet, for lack of a better term, how she came to the conclusion that it would be better for her and her children to stay with ML.

3. SkyLisette

SkyLisette LadyGrimmOfAutumn

Reading List:
    Link
    Jesus

4. oblomov

oblomov Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In my opinion, this one was more realistic approach.

ros.ciel and its0k like this.
  5. ros.ciel

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree. Although the novel version was quite dark, I like how she eventually found out the truth and out of pure shock and feeling betrayed among other things, her first thought was to run away, but as she began to calm down and rationalize, her reasons for staying (granted she genuinely loves ML), were valid. I remember that part even though I read this a long time ago because it was one of those few times when I came across an FL who decided to stay with their problematic partner because of realistic reasons. She thought that even if she did successfully run away, she wouldn't be able to get that far since she's basically a nobody and all the privileges and authority she enjoys came from ML. She thought that she wouldn't be able to get a decent job since women during that time did not have the same opportunities as men, let alone commoner women. If she were to ask her friends for help, they were more likely to side with ML and just send her back. Living with just her children could be dangerous too since there'll be no one to protect her and the kids if they were to encounter danger. Her kids will suffer emotionally if she were to separate them from their dad, as well as financially as she wasn't confident she could provide that well for them and she didn't want to strip them off of the chance to grow up well. And even if she were to succeed in all that, they will never be able to live in peace given how obsessed ML was, they will always have to live anxiously and maybe they will have to move a lot just to avoid ML. She was upset, yes, but she could just sort her thoughts and feelings by ML's side. It might take time, but at least the future of her kids wasn't compromised, and it wasn't like she stopped loving ML the moment she found out, she was hurt she was lied to. Things really worked the way ML wanted, for MC to be completely dependent on him, she won't even think of leaving him. Plus, I also like that she returned to ML's world as herself, not borrowing OG Clea's appearance.

6. oblomov

oblomov Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Did she give her consent to return to the his world, or did just the ML force his way to bring her to his world?

7. ros.ciel

Reading List:
    Link
    She consented, but only because she thought he only sacrificed some criminals on the death row. Iirc ML, Pan, and Eclipse caught thieves to sacrifice to the demon king. She initially rejected him, knowing that her return will come with a price, but he succeeded in convincing her that those criminals were scheduled to be executed anyway and that they committed heinous crimes to begin with.

yukihibari, oblomov and evanesco99211 like this.
  8. Donotdisturb1234

Donotdisturb1234 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ohhhh so you've read the novel then can you tell me how obsessive Isaac can get cuz I was informed the Isaac can get more obsessed (I want every detail possible plzzz thanks in advance hehe) than the one in the mahwa and goshhh 1000 souls and only a 100 in the mahwa now that's a big difference

Last edited: Jul 11, 2023
  9. HavenARC

HavenARC New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I want to read the novel somehow since knowing that theres a big difference in WN and LN

Donotdisturb1234 likes this.
  10. Donotdisturb1234

Donotdisturb1234 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sameee here

11. milano

milano Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    where did the last part happen where she hears about the truth. in the side story? Because i can only find and mtl the first side story. I don't imagine someone has the raws do they? Cause from the sounds of the novel does better than the manhwa and it sounds like a unique and realistic end for this kind of relationship.

12. ros.ciel

Reading List:
    Link
    Sorry late reply, I only read from where they revealed who was the culprit behind OGClea's death and then jumped to that part where ML was trying to bring her soul back up to the side stories. And it's been a while since I've read it that I don't remember much details any longer.
    Iirc, it's on last few chapters of the side stories. And I like the ending of the novel version as well, compared to the manhwa.

Donotdisturb1234 likes this.
  13. nicomcla1995

nicomcla1995 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This FL is dense, semi-smart, obtuse, severely in denial of reality, and so damn cruel and insensitive that it’s absurd.
    ML 100% deserved better.