Spoiler Oh, Dear Nemesis/ 오, 친애하는 숙적

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by -NEAR-, Dec 26, 2021.

1. DOHere

DOHere Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you for the spoilers!

Who turned back time for MC in the previous timeline?

2. MariL

MariL Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for the answer!

mentalnette likes this.
  3. mentalnette

mentalnette Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This is going to be long because I love talking (and more than what's asked :whistle:).

Sorry I had to delete my earlier reply because I misunderstood some parts of the plot. I had to reread to make sure.

The person who (accidentally) turned back time for the female MC was the male MC (Rudbeckia), who dabbled in experimenting with magic ores to stop the monsters and create powerful medicine for the sick king. He knew that the ore was powerful because he stole a map from the Second Prince and confirmed that it was a powerful magic ore, he didn't know for sure but lore had it that it was a powerful time turner.

Storoni was planning to lace the two MCs wine with an unnamed deadly poison, but he didn't know that the male MC had switched the poison at the last minutes with magic ores (which were also poisonous but turned back time as well).

The male MC divided this powerful ore in two, liquefied it, then mixed it into the would-be poisoned wine. So the female MC actually regressed to the past because in the previous timeline she was dead from poisoning. But her heart and the male MC's heart were each merged with the liquefied ore, so this magic carried their souls & consciousness to the new timeline.

That being said, the male MC regressed to the past of his own volition. He didn't actually die from murder, as was thought by the female MC & Storoni in that timeline. He drank the poisoned wine that the female gave him (the poison being the liquefied undiluted magic ore) knowing full well that he would die and hoping against hope that he would be transported back to the past.

It was his last desperate measure to save the destroyed kingdom after The Second Prince's rise to power.

4. Serphinalily

Serphinalily Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is that what happened? The mtl is a bit confusing and vague but my impression is a bit different

My impression was that Storoni and their side was able to get their hands on the precious ore at some temple like place.

There was an accompanying scroll that might have mentioned time turning properties that ML later found and replaced with a different scroll that erases all mention of time turning properties.

The deadly poison that Storoni was going to use was the ores (it's mentioned that the ores are poisonous when ingested at high enough quantities) and he merely chose this specific piece because it was considered "higher grade".

5. mentalnette

mentalnette Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Storoni didn't get the ore in the first timeline, he and the 2nd Prince only got the map to the ore but Rud (male MC) bested them to it. Well at least that's what I garnered from it since in Ch 12 of the novel the male MC mentioned it to the female MC.

In the 2nd timeline Storoni arrived to the place and the ore was already gone because it wasn't transferred from the first timeline to that timeline.

I guess one of us must be right though (n). I'd have to see from the webtoon once they get to the second season (or I can just reread later). Thank you for making me want to reread it!

Last edited: May 4, 2023
    Laerta, L.A.C.L., Alanif_7. and 3 others like this.
  6. Farhana Ansari

Farhana Ansari Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Okay what happened by the end of this season??
    Did Kalmia betray Rud??

7. Alanif_7.

Alanif_7. Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ahhh thank you so much for this. I was worried they won't become closer with their horrible shared past. Having kids is my favorite pinnacle of these kind of stories. And boy is Storoni seriously sick in the head with preserving her corpse and all. I really really hated seeing him so touchy feely with Kalmia as if he believed she was his...ugh I don't know why I just seriously hate him.

I'm glad their relationship was mended despite their history. And yeah Storoni just has that manipulative vibe even from the first chap

I'm glad their relationship was mended despite their history. And yeah
    You are so not alone there. I thought Khalid from Knight To A Lady was my most hated person ever but my hatred for Storoni really takes the cake. I hated him from the first time he was introduced. His attitude just rubs me the wrong way.

I'm glad their relationship was mended despite their history. And yeah
    You are so not alone there. I thought Khalid from Knight To A Lady was my most hated person ever but my hatred for Storoni really takes the cake. I ha His attitude just rubs me the wrong way.
    Oh well that's a relief. Poisoning someone in your previous life only to develop a relationship with them again in the next would've been so weird and traumatic for the victim and the killer. But I'm glad ML botched stupid Storoni's plan

8. Serphinalily

Reading List:
    Link
    Actually, they weren't planning to poison Rudbeckia to death. They were planning to turn him into a puppet (I don't think Kalmia knew much about the plan/ability to make puppets and was just instructed to feed him wine from that bottle).

Storoni in first life (and second life) figures out how to grind down and use specific concentration of monster ore to brainwash and control people like puppets.

In the first life, there really was no need to kill Rudbeckia. Apis (1st princess's lover) had died and the 1st princess lost interest in everything and was emotionally spiralling. Her faction was was a mess. There was no need to get rid of Rudbeckia for the 2nd prince to win. They were actually planning to try to make Rudbeckia into a puppet because he is known to the populace as a hero so the second prince wants to be able to control him and make him appear to be on their side so his own side looks more legitimate (and not just some power grab of the crown from the heir by an illegitimate child). Coincidentally, storoni was starting to feel that resentful of his position as Kalmia's aid and wants a legitimate position of his own so he was in talks to marry some more powerful family's daughter with the support of the 2nd prince but doesn't want to give up his "beautiful Kalmia" so he also feeds her the same potion as Rudbeckia to make her into a puppet lover (he felt he was losing control of kalmia and wanted to do it before she found out about his marriage talks).

However, Rudbeckia had actually messed with the plans so Rudbeckia and Kalmia both end up dying and going back in time instead of becoming puppets. It's actually quite interesting because there's more information given about how ores are formed and how the specific ore that that sent them back in time was formed. They idly wonder if their hearts are still normal or if they've been replaced with magic ores. This is also hinted at in Storoni first life side story where it's mentioned that they opened up Rudbeckia and found his chest empty where his heart was supposed to be but storoni doesn't want to open up Kalmia to see if her heart was gone too. He has some sort of fear that his action had the poetical irony of giving his lover to his enemy.

9. 2002mitsuru

2002mitsuru Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Could anyone tell me around when will male lead realise MC came back in time with him? And when the confrontation between them about it will take place if it is at different points in time? (Also, will MC tell her brother about it?)
    And is it going to be soon? xD (Right now there are 50 chapters of webtoon)
    Thanks to whoever answers this

YuyuxHime likes this.
  10. Serphinalily

Reading List:
    Link
    Soon after the count dies and Kalmia becomes the 1st princess's "teacher". The 1st princess dissolves the engaging between Kalmia and Rudbeckia (to prevent conflicts in the fashion from two major families breaking an engagement) which Kalmia was happy about and Rudbeckia was upset about.

Kalmia basically runs into Rudbeckia outside and says "my poor little Duke..." which Rudbeckia recognizes as what Kalmia calls him after he drank the poisoned wine.

There is no real confrontation. It's mostly Rudbeckia trying to get Kalmia to be in a real engagement with him because by that point he's already in love (and trying to swat away flies). Meanwhile Kalmia keeps turning him down while pointing out how weird it is for her to be in a relationship with the person she previously killed (however inadvertently); though she also enjoys using her free status to get favors from a few men who like her, like Rashid.

Ellua will never find out she came back in time. It's a secret between Kalmia and Rudbeckia (with Rudbeckia musing how Kalmia's the only individual who is unpredictable and interesting because he can already more or less predict the behavior of other people from what they did in previous timeline and he feels less lonely because she can empathize/understand him in a way no other person can).

In terms of when the reveal will be, it'll be after Kalmia solves the epidemic issue in Ighalo, her father dies (1 year from current point in story but there'll no doubt be a time skip), and she formally becomes a retainer of the first princess. The reveal will be 100% on Kalmia's own terms.

smeilia, Priar, Laerta and 4 others like this.
  11. YuyuxHime

YuyuxHime Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for all the spoilers. But may I know which chapter did they confessed about going back in time?

12. MGdesu

MGdesu New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hoping for MTLed ver. for this! till now the MTLed is until Vol 3 Ch. 11 ;_;

13. Paulthetic

Paulthetic New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That's IT? That's the reason the Father hates her so much? I thought there would be something more, wow.

14. maskedwaltz

maskedwaltz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So she confessed that she also rmb her past memories at around vol 3 chapter ch11 if i am right, and they break their engagement bcz kalmia isn’t sure if in this life she will poison him again, but no worriesss no long after they break off their engagement, Kalmia falls sick due to her overworking herself and Rubeckia decides to visit her, things happen and they start dating at some point

smeilia, Priar, DOHere and 4 others like this.
  15. Astellar

Astellar Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In latest manhwa chapter, that fox storoni somehow insert himself around Kalmia again.... annoying little twat.

16. ShoujoBro

ShoujoBro Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    see, as a Villain Enjoyer and a Bitch Enthusiast I gotta say i shamelessly will always support characters like the FL. Call me shallow, but if the FL is from an inherently unfair and misogynistic society, I will always be on her side when she's a jaded, cutthroat bitch. MLs act like trash even tho they have all the power they want because of their sex, but waaaah their mommies didnt love them enough or whatever. I like a FL who wants power for the sake of wanting power and is willing to put in the work to earn it, but since this isnt a protag halo story she's gotta stab a few ankles to get what she wants.

so to answer your question, why is it okay when FL uses underhanded methods to punch up at a man who has way more power and influence than she does, but its not okay when the Tyrant Emperor or whoever he is uses his power and influence to abuse a woman in a vulnerable position? oops i just answered it myself, didnt i.

Nihgregorato, Laerta, maribe and 2 others like this.
  17. Laerta

Laerta Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I have a question: why does a father hate or dislike his daughter? He is against her marriage to the Duke, although it is beneficial from an economic and political point of view and both partners agree to it. Does he forbid teaching the heroine anything other than basic knowledge and etiquette? The father did not tell the heroine about the secret library when she became the official receiver. Why does a father have such hatred for his daughter?

It's quite romantic, but it also looks strange. This is a kind of phrase: “if it’s not me, then no one got you,” which is often used by insecure lovers. But here it’s more likely: “you are enemies with him, so be together in the afterlife.” Some irony shines through in this.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2023
    Priar and RubySBS like this.
  18. TheCrazyOutcast

TheCrazyOutcast Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    But then that creates a plot hole. Storoni and Calmia saw Rudbeckia die after drinking the poison. Calmia and Storoni were celebrating his death. If killing him wasn't the plan, then Storoni would've had a different reaction and wouldn't have given Calmia the wine after seeing Rudbeckia die if he didn't want to kill her either. Furthermore, Calmia was convinced that the wine had killed him, and since she considered it their victory, it seems that killing Rudbeckia WAS part of the plan. Otherwise I see no harm in Storoni just telling Calmia about the brainwashing, since she would theoretically end up finding out about it when Rudbeckia very much doesn't die, and since she didn't know the wine she drank herself was poisoned, then she wouldn't have known that Storoni planned to brainwash her with the potion either. Not saying you are wrong, this could be right, but if it is, then it was a bad choice on the author's part lol.

In general I find this whole thing about the magic stones confusing. Maybe I'm missing something but idk. Why did Rudbeckia go through all that trouble of switching out the scrolls and misleading Storoni when he could've just... taken it himself right then and there (the Webtoon vaguely implies that Rudbeckia switching up the scrolls at least happened)? He still would've thwarted their plans and he was going to die anyways so really, it does nothing if he had taken it earlier when he was already there. I feel like they only made him go through all that complicated espionage trouble to give the story a way for Calmia to also regress with Rudbeckia and more reason to hate Storoni. And to make the story more dramatic and "political" and Rudbeckia seem cool with all his underhanded tactics to get the upper hand of his opponents. Rather than having it actually make sense.

I wish that the Webtoon could have actually told us what happened. Instead, the Webtoon only shows us a few vague images and expects us to piece it together. I know everyone says showing is better than telling but in this case I wish we were told instead of shown lol. Our best bet is hopefully seeing an official novel translation soon so we can finally solve this mystery.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2023
    smeilia likes this.
  19. Queenofmirth

Queenofmirth More than a Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    But Storoni always treated Calmia like a puppet, he never shared all his plans and intentions with her. That he didn't tell an important part of his plan is something I can believe easily.
    Calmia believing Rudbeckia was supposed to die, and Storoni faking a satisfied reaction when Rudby didn't die are things that make sense with their characterizations and the story so far.
    It would have had no harm in Storoni just telling Calmia about the brainwashing, but Storoni is Storoni.

And Storoni brainwashed her since her childhood, wasn't that what was referred to? That he wanted so much to be needed by her, that he created that need? Killing her brother, isolating her, making her dependent on him, never sharing his true intentions, manipulating her...

The part about why Storoni would give the same thing to Calmia that he gave to Rudby would need some spoiler that was already shared in this thread. https://www.novelupdatesforum.com/posts/6805761/

Priar likes this.
  20. Dork_Fan

Dork_Fan Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Does anybody have cute spoilers ?!?