Request [Spoiler potential] Plot holes in Crazy Lich?

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by Khrysaes, Oct 27, 2016.

1. Khrysaes

Khrysaes Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So I just caught up with the translations, and something has been bugging me about the story. Roland's age vs his history as described in the novel.

Okay, so first, Roland is ~375 years old.
    When he was 14 his country was destroyed. in on of the more recent chapters, like 65+ it says he died when he was 14, which is the age at which he got his new body, since the body ages to match the age of his soul, since he died at 14, his soul never aged past that?
    It also said that the banshee queen turned him into an undead.
    it also said that he was tall as a lich, which I can at least attribute to his undead body being able to be changed.

Now so far there are no problems.
    But then we go into his life with Adam and Co before becoming Yonghe.

When he was trainging Adam, who is ~150 years old, it said that he used holy light to heal himself in their training competition so that he could win. BUT, if he died at 14, and was already an undead, then he couldn't use the holy light. Otherwise, at this point he was ~175 years old, which is much, much more than the human limit with some exceptions.

This also brings into question when the banshee queen actually turned him into an undead. We know it was after he was trained in necromancy by her, or at least that is my understanding of it.

Another factor is that he has 4 soul imprints. Which I can parse out as 1: when he became a legend rank holy knight. and got a holy light based one. 2: when he lost his holy knight rank and became a necromancer under the tutelage of the Banshee Queen, before he turned into an undead. Dark Knight I think he said. 3 is after he became undead he had an undeath based one, which he combines with the holy light one to make undead heroic spirits. I think he deranked when he became undead, and went from dark knight to necromancer??? It is possible because he died, but liches are all at least legend rank according to him. and then his 4th is when he got the Law one, which he got after dying at the hands of Adam and co 100 years ago or so.

Sorry for the rant, but my confusion is, two parts. First, when did he actually die and become an undead, he said it was at 14(hence the age of his new body), but Adam's age would make one believe otherwise.

Second, when did he get his 4th soul imprint? I know his Order one, and his holy light one, both of which were explained(first one and one after being deranked by the god of death.) One is presumably when he was a necro. but when did he get his last one?

2. v-rain

v-rain Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think that call plot holes these things are a bit too premature.
    the story is only at the start, I am sure the almighty author know what he is doing.

3. Scarecrow

Scarecrow > dev/null

Reading List:
    Link
    Isn't the timeline goes like this.. Holy knight(prince) > Ice mage(holy knight adventurer) > Necromancer(Lord Yongye) > Mark of justice(Crazy Lich)

4. mmsupreme

mmsupreme How do I change my custom title?

Reading List:
    Link
    I assume he always gets reincarnated as a 14 year old. Such as now the reason he looks younger is due to his increased lifespan whiles when he reincarnated as a holy knight he was already past puberty

5. Alexander12

Alexander12 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    well i guess every story has plot holes to some extent crazy lich is better in that regard
    TDG and TNH have much bigger plot holes
    for eg in TNH the mc is said to have killed the clan that killed his lover to the 9 th generation with the cultivation of a revered martial artist but latter in the novel we come to know that the clan has rank 6 king rank experts but in the first chapter we see that the mc stuggles with mere 3 rank 1 king experts and even uses a suicidal move to defeat them which results in his death
    I still am confused how did Chu Yang defeat the clan with that low cultivation

6. Guradu Gilgida

Guradu Gilgida 【Gentleman】【Tembikar Demon】

Reading List:
    Link
    First Soul Imprint -> Ice Treader, Prince of Mist Kingdom also a Holy Knight (dead at 14)
    *) Ability = [Soul World - The Infallible Diffindor]
    Second Imprint -> Adventurer Rolo (suddenly leaving the party, time of death unknown)
    Third Imprint -> Undead Emperor Yongye
    Fourth Imprint -> Lich Roland, after got beaten up by Ayer, creating the power of law

Last edited: Oct 27, 2016
  7. chencking

chencking [Daolord Grammar Nazi]

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm not sure this is true. I understood him to be a natural-born undead who rose because of an extreme desire, or else he wouldn't nearly die when frustrated.
    I don't think we know about his 2nd life. The TLer also left a note saying it will be covered in later chapters. We only know a bit about his first as Roland Mist, his third as Lord Yongye, and fourth as Wizmianthe.
    He died at 14, but he only becomes an undead in his 2nd life, and the author has yet to cover that.

8. Sablecaballero

Sablecaballero Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I was also questioning this. At the lat trabslated chapter, this is what we know:

He lived as Prince of mist country, died when It was destroyed.

The there is a second life about which we dont know anything. Its not "change to lich' or "Ascend" its literally start from zero. Like he did just now.

Then his third life, that is Rollo's life when he mets Adam and the rest.

The fourth... Im not sure. Adam said Rollo left them and time after his body was found. I think It began there, and lasted through his time as Emperor Yongye until his recent death.

So, by the looks of It, his second life was either a ver long one (he mástered ice Magic So it makes sense) or there was some kind of pause between first-second or second-third

9. Guradu Gilgida

Guradu Gilgida 【Gentleman】【Tembikar Demon】

Reading List:
    Link
    Not related with Crazy Lich, but I'll answer nonetheless.
    Try re-reading chapter 1 from the beginning my friend. There is this line :
    "Beneath his feet, within a radius of several hundred zhang, there were countless limbs and body pieces that were dripping with blood."
    So it's not only 3 rank 1 King experts, ok? They are only the last few survivors.

10. Khrysaes

Khrysaes Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    okay so
    Holy knight dies at age 14.
    reincarnates into adventurer rolo, and trains with adam(still ~175 year gap?, maybe he was an undead and got enough points to reincarnate like he just did)
    Turns into a Lich via the banshee queen(it says this in one of the chapters.. either when she first appears, or is being put into greed)
    gets beat up by Ayer, and gets sent back to below legend, makes the power of law, and gets his 4th imprint

So the gap is between age 14 when his kingdom was destroyed and adventurer rolo.
    I think it also says he has died 4 times. 1 at 14, 1 when he became a lich, 1 when he was beaten and sealed by adam and co, when he was lich yonghe

11. Alexander12

Alexander12 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i do get your point there but in the first chapter those corpses probably were revered martial artist and under level experts
    also there seemed to be only 3 rank 1 king experts from the way the crowd reacted (they literally freaked out) if there were more king experts then those 3 would'nt particularly stand out so much and chu yang also seemed to not be confident in fighting them without relying on his forbidden thecnique
    i guess this is the problem with time travel genre the author probably initially planned to make the clan at the peak of revered martial artist but later switched to king rank experts forgetting what he wrote in the first chapter thus creating a plot hole

12. Akunyoba

Akunyoba Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i am gonna try filling it. even though it may have already answered he died first at age 14 legend rank holy light soul imprint afterward for an unknown amount of time he go as death knight (natural undead) thanks to the land becoming land of death. then he died again and go to river styx and reincarnate again as living being going to mage country and meet banshees queen. unknown or maybe I just forget if he become undead too at his second life but at least have reached saint (?) and obtain ice treader. going to river styx again and reincarnate again as rolo and meeting with adam afterward adventure till to become yongye afterward reigning as yongye and reaching semigod before defeated and subsequent hundred years of imprisonment

this 4 is his stage of live where he reached legend anywhere between this he may have another but died before he reach legend
    hope this be helpful even if my memories arent great