Post reading lists

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Mousa4, Oct 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lachiel

Lachiel Paradise Lost

Reading List:
    Link
    I have 555 followed mangas on batoto.. Can you still beat me.. /cries.

2. JJ

JJ [?]

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't keep track on how many I read since I just bookmark them, but this is just a piece of the pie I read before. I also have list from mangafox (before the license spree), and Kissmanga.

3. Lachiel

Lachiel Paradise Lost

Reading List:
    Link
    I only have my list number because of batoto telling me how many I follow at the bottom >_< I remember the days of book marking / trying to remember what I was reading.. ugh

4. Mousa4

Mousa4 Cultivated to Immortality

Reading List:
    Link
    yea the douluo dalu manga introduced me to translated novels. I really enjoyed the manga and when I heard that there was a novel for it and it was much better, I started reading the novel. And from that day on i started my career as a professional F5 presser.

5. Mousa4

Reading List:
    Link
    holy shit that is a lot of mangas, I have only read about 80 mangas completely and follow about 20-30 weekly/ monthly.

6. Lachiel

Lachiel Paradise Lost

Reading List:
    Link
    It's been.. 7-8 years since I've started reading manga? and 4-5 years for novels.. so I had some time to see good and bad things and make my following list big. D=.

7. JJ

JJ [?]

Reading List:
    Link
    ikr. Whenever I don't have a manga to read, I click the random button. If the synopsis interest me, I read it. Only then I will find out that I already read that manga. That's why I keep my novel reading list to a minimum nowadays.

I feel so bad to have read the manga of magic combat continent first. I'm so afraid of touching that novel due to that even though I've read that the plot is very different from the manga. There are three novels I'm not reading since I've read majority of the manga released chapters:

BTTH, Doulou and Divine Throne. Whenever I read the novel, I feel so disengaged with the plot since I already know what will happen.

8. Lachiel

Lachiel Paradise Lost

Reading List:
    Link
    Don't think about it on how you already know whats happening.. Think of it as filling in the gaps that the manga didn't give you in detail. You'll find theres a ton of small detailed or sometimes even big details not mentioned in the mangas and all that. :)

9. Mousa4

Reading List:
    Link
    I haven't read btth but, divine throne's novel translation is way ahead of the manga. Also the Douluo manga is more of a shounen, while the novel is seinen. Also the manga has added somethings that are not included in the novel, and the novel has somethings not included in the manga.

10. JJ

JJ [?]

Reading List:
    Link
    I know, but that small details just doesn't interest me or I just don't like to read something twice. The only reason I've read LMS novel up to the currently translated chapters was due to the fact that there were only 5-10 released chapters of manhua at that time.

11. JJ

JJ [?]

Reading List:
    Link
    I'll just probably go back to read the novel when I forgot 100% the plot which isn't any time soon. Shame that magic continent is a seinen though as I prefer that genre nowadays.

12. PROPER

PROPER Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    True. I've only recently started reading web novels about two or three months ago.

If it's manga, I have 668 series in my Manga Watcher library on my tablet. There are a lot of series that I added years ago that haven't gotten any new releases for quite awhile. I imagine though, without the dead series counted, the real ongoing amount is less than half.

13. Lachiel

Lachiel Paradise Lost

Reading List:
    Link
    So true, and I've lost quite a few of the novels I use to follow as the websites I used to hold my lists died, and didn't allow us time to save our lists :/.. I know two websites were I know I lost 100~ series I use to read just because they never updated anymore and I lost the name of it to add it to my current list :/

14. Zone Q11

Zone Q11 『The Gas Mask』『Monochrome Plebeian』

Reading List:
    Link
    .........I give up, even though I have read manga for 6-7 years and novel for 3-4 years, I still have only around hundred, not hundreds.:(

15. Shio

Shio Moderator Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It wasn't a problem isn't it? As long as you enjoy reading manga/ novel, it's ok. People's taste and value differ after all. There are lots of people who have read for a long time, but only read small amount of series because they're picky or read less because they are busy with study and work.

Zone Q11 likes this.
  16. Lachiel

Lachiel Paradise Lost

Reading List:
    Link
    I didn't leave my kpop mark on this thread. so I'll become a mother f**king necromancer and rise this thing up from the dead.

17. Zone Q11

Reading List:
    Link
    Is everyone trying to necro every thread?

18. Potato

Potato its doomed

Reading List:
    Link
  19. Zone Q11

Reading List:
    Link
  20. Ritsuru

Ritsuru Wanderer of the Clouds, Here and There

Reading List:
    Link