Request What counts as spam?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by NZPIEFACE, Nov 9, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Nyanboro

Nyanboro Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    haha was just playing around...........
    ........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

2. kenar

kenar ヽ(`・ω・´)ゝ

Reading List:
    Link
    If you want to know here~

[​IMG]

3. FlowLight

FlowLight Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Spam is dishing out your skills as much as possible until you got pentakill or running out of mana.

4. NZPIEFACE

NZPIEFACE Leecher

Reading List:
    Link
    Demacia! = No mana bar

Also, this thread has been moved to 'General'.
    Guess it counts as a shit post.

5. _Selutu_

_Selutu_ 灭世魔尊

Reading List:
    Link
    Be thankful they haven't counted it as spam.

It would be hilarious if they did though. lol

6. NZPIEFACE

NZPIEFACE Leecher

Reading List:
    Link
    Should've added a 'Serious' and 'No derailing' tag

7. Westeller

Westeller Smokin' Sexy Style!! Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sorry, went to take a nap. Since it doesn't look like any other mods have replied here, I'll share what I think. I just woke up less than a minute ago, though, so forgive me if this isn't particularly eloquent or thoughtful.

I think that posting becomes spam when it is completely irrelevant, of a very high frequency, or both. Absolutely anything can become spam when you post it enough. For example, posting "I'm glad Trump won the election" on your profile or a friend's, while not endearing you to Parth, isn't spam... Posting it on a few dozen profiles in the space of five minutes would be spam. Posting it in a thread about Meng Hao kicking demonic cultivator arse would also be spam, because it would be completely irrelevant to the topic.

In General Chat, you can get by with spam more often than not. In other sections of the forums, it's better to stay on topic.

For a lot of cases, though, it's not like there are clearly defined lines dividing what constitutes legitimate forum use and what's just spam. It's going to be a judgement call on the mod's part, y'know? So make it a judgement call on yours.

If YOU think it's spam, chances are a mod is going to agree with you, so just don't post it.
    If YOU think someone is going to report you for derailing their thread, don't do it!

Risus likes this.
  8. NZPIEFACE

NZPIEFACE Leecher

Reading List:
    Link
    Huh.
    You know, I've been around here a while.
    And I'm under the impression that @Parth37955 or @Shio will ban you for pretty much anything.
    I feel stumped....

Time to delete the this thread?

9. Westeller

Reading List:
    Link
    @Shio!? @Shio bans people!?!!?

Anyway, Parth only bans people if they poke him. Repeatedly. Volx, for example, has a history of teasing Parth. It's part of this recent ban, don'tchaknow? Parth isn't going to randomly ban you for no reason, and when you *do* get banned, it's temporary. A day off the forums won't kill you. Even getting a 3-day ban requires some pretty regular troublemaking. I've only seen a handful of perma bans, and those were for some pretty outrageous troublemaking. That, or accounts clearly created just to spam and/or advertise.

10. NZPIEFACE

NZPIEFACE Leecher

Reading List:
    Link
    Surprisingly lax compared to the rumors.
    Thought @Parth37955 was a demon or something.

11. Westeller

Reading List:
    Link
    What, you thought saying Parth's name three times into a mirror would get you perma banned?

12. NZPIEFACE

NZPIEFACE Leecher

Reading List:
    Link
    Let's try it?
    (Kids, don't try this at home)
    @Parth37955, @Parth37955, @Parth37955. Come forth and do what you do on a usual basis! (Which I sincerely hope is nothing)

Edit: That face of regret when I realize Parth is online...

Sh1r0r3n, Risus and Westeller like this.
  13. kenar

kenar ヽ(`・ω・´)ゝ

Reading List:
    Link
    So, what if the poster don't know if he/she post spam?

14. Sh1r0r3n

Sh1r0r3n New Year and still a workaholic

Reading List:
    Link
    Someone back in school told me spam was an acronym.

Special
    Parts of
    Animal
    Meat

15. holyshin

holyshin Moderator

Reading List:
    Link
    He'll wait for nighttime and jumpscare you.

16. Sh1r0r3n

Reading List:
    Link
    If you take the Wiki definition of spam, it's more or less a mass of messages that do not pertain to the subject.

May I take the next 5 messages as my example.

17. Sh1r0r3n

Reading List:
    Link
    Spam Example 1
    Does not mean anything to original post

[​IMG]

18. Sh1r0r3n

Reading List:
    Link
    Spam Example 2