Discussion Do you care about politics?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by ABMAINA, Nov 10, 2016.

?

Do you care about politics?

Poll closed Nov 12, 2016.
  1. Yes

31 vote(s)
    32.0%
  2. No

16 vote(s)
    16.5%
  3. I care about it but not too much(in between)

50 vote(s)
    51.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. doomeye1337

doomeye1337 /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\ Incubator, the messenger of magic~

Reading List:
    Link
    I care about politics but not really. I care because it affects me, i do not care because I have no faith in the people and the system. I only have faith in the long term stability of the system, but getting invested in short term politics is nothing more than a waste of my time. The main thing holding back progress is the number of close minded people with a tribal mentality. The only thing we can truly do on an individual level is to help open the minds of people directly around us so that slowly society will be filled with people who are capable of empathy, logic, and self-reflection. This would fail as a social movement becasue there is always an underlying opposing movement. It only works on an individual level where the person you are talking to realizes you are an individual and thus does not feel marginalized when differing opinions occur.

haguruma and barashkafromro like this.
  2. Faust

Faust NUF Silent Ninham

Reading List:
    Link
    as long the people not fucked up i couldnt care less about politics.

3. mrawesome69

mrawesome69 I'm getting too old for this shit

Reading List:
    Link
    I couldn't care less. Even if i cared it's not like i can do something about it. only thing i ever cared about is how much explosives should i use to vipe most politicians at once

4. Pandamonic

Pandamonic [The Great Swimming Panda]

Reading List:
    Link
    I just like shit talking about how politician rule and their corruptions. And all the conspiracy behind them. So no I dont care what they do cause Im still helpless.

5. mmsupreme

mmsupreme How do I change my custom title?

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't know whether I should be laughing or crying

6. exefour

exefour ◄Amaranthine Origin► ◄Evil►

Reading List:
    Link

haguruma likes this.
  7. Raphael

Raphael Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In this day and age armed with all the knowledge we have and some solid common sense, everyone should be
    1- Skeptical about their government. They aren't looking out for you specifically only the general population.
    2- Skeptical of the media, all of it. A lot of it is either owned by political interests or in cahoots with someone in government.
    3- Up to date about relevant policies. Always know what the country is doing, you don't have to know all details just what they are doing.
    4- As knowledgeable as possible about current hostilities. Inside and outside, know who is causing trouble and why whenever is relevant.
    5- And finally don't bother with a tinfoil hat it doesn't help just be aware you are always under some surveillance and no one besides your family is looking out for yours truly so vote when you can and speak out through social media or in the streets when you support or are against something, enough people say the same thing and something may change.

This post is totally serious.

Astaroth and haguruma like this.
  8. Evertime

Evertime Dungeonmaster Daoist

Reading List:
    Link
    Wha decisions are made become history and law, I'd like to try to do my part in pushing my country towards a positive destination.
    Tldr study your ballots folks

haguruma likes this.
  9. Raphael

Reading List:
    Link
    Some Americans are pissed their candidate didn't win, I get that but instead of fucking causing dissent in our core they should STFU and move on because America has a lot of enemies who would just love to slip in through the cracks and pour oil over any fires, problem is ignorance is rampart through the populace and they don't care to fix that. I'd say it's a fair generalization, despite knowing not all of us are dumb fucks as a whole our people are fragmented as hell because of internal shit.

10. _Selutu_

_Selutu_ 灭世魔尊

Reading List:
    Link
    I love politics, and it's always been an interesting topic for me. Heck, if I wasn't born in Hong Kong, politics would have been the first thing I would try to get into.

haguruma likes this.
  11. haguruma

haguruma Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'll summarize that for you: We need more progressive liberals and less neo conservatives.

12. Sh1r0r3n

Sh1r0r3n New Year and still a workaholic

Reading List:
    Link
    First in order to care about something (politics). You need to understand how the structure is run.

Why care for a system you don't remotely understand.

The American Democracy, modeled somewhat from the Romans era, has a 3-branch system to prevent an abuse of power. But thus far, American history has proven that abuse is rampant within the Clinton administration, Bush administration, & Obama administration.

Media is a tool for governments. It is a social construct of information, Just like the internet, where too much information makes it hard for important info to be relatable.

Politics is just a general term

13. Byb

Byb fucking leftist liberal

Reading List:
    Link
    When you're american, democrat, and for the second time in 12years, you've been fucked because of an absurd system who doesn't favorize the largest number, i can understand that you're pissed.
    In 2002, in France, LePen passed the 1st round of the presidential. There were manifestations afterwards. I despised them because a lot of them didn't even vote. In America, i'm almost tempted to say the election is rigged. Just imagine if it was Trump in Hillary's shoes.

Astaroth likes this.
  14. Raphael

Reading List:
    Link
    Being pissed and rioting are different, I'm not saying stop being pissed I'm saying stop acting like children and have some control being united is the only way of things becoming better the alternative is weakening our state and becoming open to attack from the outside, and trust me no one who attacks the U.S will be gentle.

Astaroth likes this.
  15. doomeye1337

Reading List:
    Link
    While I may lean towards progressive policies idealistically, it is not as if they would be universally applicable. All i want are people on both sides to stop demonizing each other so we can have a proper discussion rather than the shit flinging. Just because you arena liberal does not make you open minded, and just because you are a conservative deos not make you close minded. I have known plenty of conservatives personally who are quite empathetic about my ideals while maintaining their own. Close mindedness is not policy based but a mindset left over from our ancestors, a tribal instinct to preserve bloodlines, nothing that is needed in a modern society.

yuzuki and haguruma like this.
  16. haguruma

haguruma Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    My bad.

doomeye1337 likes this.
  17. doomeye1337

Reading List:
    Link
    No problem, I had similar feelings in my youth, so I understand the frustrations. Perhaps these problems exist because our system is a 2 party system, which exacerbates the tribal mentality. There are definitely good reasons on both sides of our political spectrum. The reason why urban areas tend towards liberal social policies is because they are issues that do show up quite a bit in densely populated areas. However, those same policies can often visiblly be abused in less densely populated areas by unscrupulous individuals , which lead to federal/governmental mistrust. Even if the stats show that the policy is helping those in need, it can easily be seen as a waste of money because of this.

18. Byb

Byb fucking leftist liberal

Reading List:
    Link
    Rioting? Who will attack?
    Americans have become terribly paranoid since 9/11. First attack of history on your territory, i understand it's disturbing but you've made the world paid enough for it. It's time to get over it. Let go of the fear.

haguruma likes this.
  19. Raphael

Reading List:
    Link
    I wasn't american when 9/11 happened so that's not where my paranoia comes from. Riots may be a strong word but a shit ton of hostile protests, yes hostile did happen by students and citizens. Did you perhaps not know that N. Korea has tested 8 different Musudan missiles this year alone? Where you aware that they have an antagonistic relationship with the U.S.? That's the riots and the who will attack questions answered, both answers should make anyone a bit paranoid on such shaky grounds as the country is currently in with the change on leadership. I'm not trying to be an alarmist I'm trying to be a voice of reason, and my reason dictates that whiny bitches crying about the change of powers is fertile grounds for dissent.

20. remy911

remy911 ┗|`o′|┛ Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, I care a lot.

And I hate everyone who is apathetic about politics. Yup, you heard it here folks.

EDIT: I know why people don't care or don't bother to vote, but the truth is, it only exacerbates the problem that caused that person to not vote in the first place. Politicians aren't completely stupid. They listen to those who will vote for them, not to people who complain but never bother to cast a ballot. They listen to the people who send them millions of letters telling them to do a certain thing. You know why they listen? Their jobs are literally at stake. You are their boss.

yuzuki likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.