LCD Godly Hunter

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Astaroth, Nov 10, 2016.

1. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
    http://www.novelupdates.com/series/godly-hunter/

With the sudden announcement of the launch of the holographic virtual network, Chen Mo, a hacker, received a special commission to hack this system in a bid to halt advancement.

To complete his task, he enters GENESIS – the holographic virtual game touted as the most secure – to look for a way to hack it. In his search, he inevitably becomes a terrifying force to behold.

I guess nobody else has made any LCD yet for this novel because the updates are kind of slow / inconsistent?

Godly Hunter is still one of my fav reads though, especially out of the rpg novels. (It's up there at the top with TKA imo.)

I really like the unique setting where instead of embracing the VR the MC's job is to try and break it. It's so much more enjoyable when grinding levels is more of an afterthought or rather a means to an end.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2016
  2. sal880612m

sal880612m As I thought, love was a status effect! ~ICDS

Reading List:
    Link
    I was about to do the same thing. I think a part of the reason it doesn't is because the translation was inactive. I hope it keeps going though, I've been enjoying it quite a bit.

Astaroth likes this.
  3. SirKulinski

SirKulinski Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah yeah, I liked the initial premise. Though translation speed killed it for me. Though it seems to be picking up pace, I'm going to wait it out a bit longer.

4. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't think I've ever read another novel where basically the first thing the MC does is to get boatloads of infamy and honestly I can't even remember reading any VR novel where the MC enslave & molest an NPC at all either.

The only thing that worries me is this:
    "Power of Destruction: A certain chance of destroying a target when attacking."

Please please please please don't tell me this is some random % chance to instantly kill an enemy when you attack them... Because I know this is only used as the shittiest kind of plot armor to get the MC out of a cinch. God forbid this novel turn anything even remotely similar to Shura's Wrath where the most exciting moment is the MC having an "incredible" moment of one in a million chance super mega critical strike happening TWICE in a row or he would suffer permanent death and removal of character from the game!!! SO COOL OMIGOD (n)(n)(n)(n)(n)

5. Raneday

Raneday Not Rane

Reading List:
    Link
    For some reason him searching for loopholes in the system made me think that it will make him OP on the game though

Astaroth likes this.
  6. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
    I almost thought he had completely given up on breaking the system, I'm glad I was wrong.

And so I guess what made the game freeze was that it had to update and plan future related quests and stuff like a butterfly effect so it overloaded the system until it finished the calculations or something like that?

I do wonder though how the 3 headed wolf is supposed to be able to leave the zone now just because the MC said so, I mean if it could shouldn't it be able to from the beginning?

And either way it kind of made me think that there's a possibility NPC's (that are intelligent enough to think) will rebel against the system to break out of the quests and such.

I think I recall something similar to that in another novel or maybe it was a manga? (Yureka manwha maybe?)

7. Okuri Ookami

Okuri Ookami 'Chi Chi Chi' calls the Sparrow

Reading List:
    Link
    Godly Hunter
    By:
    Intransient (不是浮云)​
    With the sudden announcement of the launch of the holographic virtual network, Chen Mo, a hacker, received a special commission to hack this system in a bid to halt advancement.

To complete his task, he enters GENESIS – the holographic virtual game touted as the most secure – to look for a way to hack it. In his search, he inevitably becomes a terrifying force to behold.

Guy contracted to find loopholes and errors in the newly released holographic system that is quickly taking over the virtual scene and replacing the archaic internet systems. With his livelihood challenged and his hacking sense stimulated by what is said to be an uncrack-able system the MC dives into the game head first nearly loosing himself into the world while trying his best to corrupt it.

***************************************************​
    Latest Chapter Review: I wanted to see the reward he'd receive but at least I got to see what the skill mutation does (not that we couldn't guess) and what a mutated skill look like without a cliff (to hang ourselves on). I don't know why the MC is so fixed on slimes...

Kinda hopes he stops killing himself once he leave the beginner village, if that ever happens, it's seriously getting redundant. The story progression is slow but hey I ain't mad at that I just kinda want to see and hear about the world outside the village.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2016
  8. Darkness

Darkness Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's kind noise that he kill himself allways, and the rea son he kill slimes is ( if i read correct ) its to get An accesories set i think ( sorry for my bad english )

9. ArtistsTech

ArtistsTech Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think it wouldn't be so bad normally but the translation is very slow; it feels much more drawn out (killing slimes and himself).

10. Darkness

Darkness Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, it's slow update and is repetitive allways killing slimes and himself is boring, I hope it would go better after he leave the novice village

11. Okuri Ookami

Okuri Ookami 'Chi Chi Chi' calls the Sparrow

Reading List:
    Link
    It is very annoying he always kill himself and I get the reason he does it is to repeat the same missions and find loopholes while acquiring items (including the complete slime set of accessories). But that doesn't stop it from being hella annoying...

Well the TL is a new mom, I think she's also doing this on her own so I can't really ask that she speeds it up. I think she put in her earlier post that she strictly picked back up this novel to help support her family and that those who do donate will get more releases not put out to the public. I could be wrong about this and don't know how many chapters donators would get per donation.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2016
    Darkness and Astaroth like this.
  12. Dori

Dori CDLevit.

Reading List:
    Link
    'He had successfully made the game freeze but the commission was still incomplete – he was far from it. Completing the commission by finding loopholes in the game had become impossible now.' - I think that the one to commission that is that group, the one who made the game.

“Is this one of the what they call ‘Three great illusions of life’?” Chen Mo wondered and laughed to himself." - what are those 'three great illusions of life'?

'If skill is used five times unsuccessfully on the target, the target gains immunity from capture forever!' - only towards the one who tried to capture it?

13. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
    woohoo new chappie

14. Jarrow

Jarrow Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Different group?

15. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm, so not only is the MC a supa hakka, he had no programming or computer science experience until first year of college / uni?

Not that I really cared about how cheesy the hacker thing was to begin with, but shouldn't the Author at least give a more plausible background than that? Like he'd been tinkering with computers since young or whatever.

Now who's willing to bet against that this Li Yun class president is going to bring this petty grudge into the game and have at least one scene where he's trying to trip up Chen Mo?

16. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
    Wouldn't there still be guides or tips / hints for the hell difficulty trials? Even if they're random they shouldn't be millions of unique versions, should there? But even if each instance is completely unique players could still share their experience and give some general tips.

p.s. I have a sneaking suspicious that the big-chested loli (The girl back from the pit digging, right?) is going to be an important side-character or something, which is unfortunate since I really hope she'll just disappear never to be seen again...

17. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
    Too bad that nobody discusses this novel, it's really good.

Maybe if this new chapter update pace stay, Godly Hunter could gain the following it deserve.

Notaborax likes this.
  18. translationraven

translationraven Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi! Glad to see you enjoyed it @Astaroth :D Thank you for supporting my translations!
    About updates, I'll have to say maybe two a week or more, depending on how much time I have to spare. I will put this on low priority because it's a Qidian novel.

Dori and Astaroth like this.
  19. Anon Ymous

Anon Ymous Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    oh fck
    let's hope it's not popular in china
    >_>

20. translationraven

translationraven Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah... oh well. If they want to buy what I have so far I'll make sure to charge them a ton. Muahahahaha!

Astaroth likes this.