Recommendations Xianxia, Wuxia....Teacher?

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Manan1106, Nov 11, 2016.

1. Manan1106

Manan1106 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey,
    This is my second thread....either way...I was wondering if there are any Xianxia or Wuxia (or something along those lines) that have like a male lead that is already close to the peak (he doesn't have to be at the peak) and is taking in some disciples that follow him around. I'd like it from the perspective of the teacher...
    I mean we see our typical Chinese MC gaining peerless teachers and stuff but I'd like it if it was from the other viewpoint...
    Please don't recommend History’s Number 1 Founder.
    If possible, there can be a romance that already exists (like if the teacher is already married/ has a Dao Companion) or a romance that develops
    I'm not sure if such a book on NU but if there is some hidden gem here or on Royalroadl then that'd be cool.
    Thanks a lot for your help folks!

2. Vorpal

Vorpal Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Lazybum0 likes this.
  3. Robbini

Robbini Logical? Illogical? Random? Or Just Unique?

Reading List:
    Link
    Not that many of them become elders in any faction / cult, but some of them do become 'Senior Brothers', which gives them a few lower-ranked disciples who ask for advice and so on, so they could be considered partially as their teachers, as they impart their wisdom as it was handed down to them.

Running Away From The Hero being an exception I guess.

4. Frostypine

Frostypine Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, it isn't that great but my WMAW ( link in signature ) kind of meets some of those requirements...

Only rather then have multiple personal students follow him I plan for him to have only one main apprentice at a time.

Note that right now it has only barely started the first apprentice arc and my writing sucks

5. Lazybum0

Lazybum0 Cheers darlin'

Reading List:
    Link
    Emperor's domination . He's in some way a existence that has reached the apex.
    He has to cultivate from the beggining tho.

6. zenla

zenla { Totally human being} {Kingdom building fanatic}

Reading List:
    Link
    Sotr from wuxiaworld?

7. sonlal

sonlal Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I guess History's number 1 founder is great, pretty hilarious too. However he isn't super OP and i'm pretty sure his disciples (there's like 4 of them) get stronger than him.

8. Aldnonymous

Aldnonymous Male Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Long time ago he can't actually reach the apex because he's a crow, now he have human body he do can reach the apex.

9. Demonic Reader lv 451F

Demonic Reader lv 451F 蝶醒, 梦未.

Reading List:
    Link
    Xianxia = yes
    male lead = half
    close to the peak = yes
    taking in some disciples = yes
    that follow him around = yes
    romance that already exists = yes

perspective of the teacher...
    "My Disciple is a bit idiot. Don't know how to say smartly. Don't know how to safe her life. Without me around her for a moment, she die again."

My Disciple Died Yet Again

10. UnknownSaint171

UnknownSaint171 To Something Sounds Cooler

Reading List:
    Link
    there's the novel called World Teacher. It's pretty much what you described. Kinda annoying though since his main goal is to be a teacher lol..
    But yeah i get what your saying. You want the MC to be a teacher instead huh?

HAVE YOU READ THE BREAKER? read it please bro.
    http://kissmanga.com/Manga/The-Breaker/The-Breaker-1?id=8880 heres link tell me what you think.
    There are a lot of those novels where MC is the master but its just hardly translated...sadly

11. Manan1106

Reading List:
    Link
    I have already read most of these things except My Disciple Died Yet Again
    Thanks a lot anyway, hope there are more suggestions...

12. Knightlight

Knightlight Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    think its a combination of his soul just doesn't match his body, AND the fact that its always that Humans have infinite potential, while a crow probably doesn't AND his crow body i assume was Artificially made/altered to give it true immortality.

13. Jarrow

Jarrow Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Unfortunately, I cannot contribute an idea, since this has long been a nitpick I have with the genre. So often, we see a Budding Genius Rising From Trashhood - who promptly and utterly abandons his family/clan/village when he goes adventuring, never to support them again.

This 'selfishness' seems to be a common theme in many xianxia. I recall something I'v come across in other novels, and when I recently re-read Coiling Dragon, the attitude of both Linley and Grampa Dohring towards the discovered Bloodviolet Sword was summed up as: "if you steal it and a problem happens, someone else(older/more powerful) will fix it, so just take it and run!" UNironic, as that action ended up horrifically obliterating his ancestral home and it's village. That whole 'reliant on elders to fix things' carries through in how Silkpants and Arrogant Young Masters act in MGA, PMG, ATG, CSG, BTTH, (I could really go on for hours here : ), CCM, LSG, PDG, TMW, OEM, TNC, ISSTH, etc, etc, etc. well, practically every xianxia novel.

But not a single one of them ever really show the MC taking up the responsibilities of those elders, or becoming one themselves, even once they are All Powerful Mings Of The Mulitverse. Why?

14. Manan1106

Reading List:
    Link
    Haha! I really like the way you put it. Silkpants...Indeed...all our favorite MCs totally start to resemble the Silkpants they so despise...Most would argue that they are trying to cut themselves off from the secular world etc...But I really liked how Jiang Chen handled it Dragon Marked War God...