Discussion MCs who have the right to be arrogant

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by jason3893, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shiraori_

Shiraori_ Heh, nothing personnel, kid.

Reading List:
    Link
    Isn't confidence the word you're looking for technically? Arrogance is unwarranted, confidence is not. If you deserve to be arrogant, then you cease to be arrogant, because you're proud of something you actually have.

But whatever, I guess I'll have to throw this motherfucker right here onto the fire. He always tells himself "not to get conceited" which is reasonable, but he's seriously the most gratuitously overpowered protagonist I've seen in a novel so why should he even have to be? He's basically a god that can steal abilities, holds the souls of two dragon gods within him, and also a sentient supercomputer that can calculate anything at lightning-fast speed. He has resistance/nullification to everything, so basically only other Ultimate Skill users can even so much as harm him. Also all his powers are distributed to his followers, all the higher ups of which are basically deity-like existences themselves, one of them being literally immortal. He's only technically lost once, in an alternate timeline where he was severely weakened against a powerful opponent, and a second time in a mock battle against someone who can literally time travel.

I do like Rimuru though, because he's a funny dude and he's also not a pathetic loser that lets people walk all over him.

mir likes this.
  2. FlowLight

FlowLight Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It doesnt have to be xianxia right? Then I will bring some from gaming novel.
    Ye Qiu - The King' Avatar. He was one of the best pro player before he retired.
    Nie Yan - Rebirth of the Thief. One of the best thief in the game. He got sent to the past and using his knowledge to conquer thw game.
    An Jaehyun - Emperor of Solo Play. Same as Nie Yan but instead of playing his former class he choose to play necromancer.

3. akki

akki [Ani's C☕ffee-mate #3] [Shady Merchant]

Reading List:
    Link
    Satou from death march has the right to be arrogant but its not something he does often. or at all really. the chinese novel MC's should learn from him~ lol

4. ungas1232004

ungas1232004 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You mean domineering personality? Or basically a very big bully with actual backings?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.