LCD The Desolate Era

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by JJ, Nov 4, 2015.

1. UsernameJ

UsernameJ Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Isn't the material his darknorth swords are made of too low quality to be proto-cosmic treasures?

2. negritis

negritis The Mathematician

Reading List:
    Link
    we dont know the quality yet i think it was just said that they are somewhat special
    + the evil energy upgraded them too :D

3. Crimshine

Crimshine x399 %993

Reading List:
    Link
    Where does his Darknorth swords come from? I forgot where and when he got them...

4. negritis

negritis The Mathematician

Reading List:
    Link
    Crimshine likes this.
  5. Crimshine

Crimshine x399 %993

Reading List:
    Link
  6. Arcturus

Arcturus Cat, Hidden Sith Lord

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah He's had them super forever. It's kinda surprising how much effort he's put into upgrading them over the years. Then again Ning is very talismanic and wore furs forever too.

7. Crimshine

Crimshine x399 %993

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm didn't he just used his fiendgod power to make them absorb energy everytime he killed someone? Or did he upgraded them with some other way?

8. Arcturus

Arcturus Cat, Hidden Sith Lord

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm not exactly sure what he did. All I know is that they were originally normal swords for a simple Houtian disciple and now they're at the protocosmic level

9. Viola

Viola Studio Ghibli Fanboy Mother of Learning Fanboy

Reading List:
    Link
    It wasn't him giving the swords energy it is just that the technique he used on them allowed them to absorb energy from those that they killed. It is essentially the same its just it was explained this way.

When he first became the inheritor of the underwater estate the bull (Spirit Treasure of the Old owner of the estate) taught him a technique that would enable his swords to become stronger every time he killed somebody. I think it was called blood forging but i'm not sure. He did this because fiendgods couldn't control high level treasures (this was before we knew about Protocosmic treasures that can bind to whoever they want) It was so fiendgods could have powerful weapons that could match Ki-Refiners in some way

The swords themselves were thought to be high level treasure in the past but due to age all of the seals and strengthening techniques, the 3 swords faded making them mortal weapons, but the material was still high level so he kept them. To my knowledge it hasn't been addressed since that speculation. We don't know where they came from or what material it is made of. I'm sure that with Nings current level this would be easy to find out but i doubt it will become an element in the story. He has 6 arms and only 3 swords... i doubt IET will make them some treasure from a world god or something. Besides, the spirits of the 3 swords would know and they didn't say anything.

Recently he used the Sin Armaments technique that he got from that Stone Steele (or prisoner i forget) That technique was a far better version of the blood forging technique and with his killing of some prisoners all the malice and sin got absorbed from them so they immediately leveled up to High Level Protocosmic Treasure. (Then named them 1, 2 and 3... ugh...)

That should be the history of the 3 swords, may be a little fuzzy on a few of the details but i think i covered it all.
    Saw some people who had forgot about the swords so i figured id give a full recap.

Lokumi and Crimshine like this.
  10. Crimshine

Crimshine x399 %993

Reading List:
    Link
    Really nice full recap indeed, thank you very much !

11. ABMAINA

ABMAINA ★☆☆☆☆

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm really curious as to who that masked stranger could be

12. UsernameJ

UsernameJ Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The Darknorth swords were merely Heavengrade before they were broken and then ended up in Ji Ning's hands.

Yeah he has 2 methods to "improve" his weapons but it was said earlier that ultimately precious treasures are needed to craft a powerful artifact at the Pure Yang/Daofather level.

If anyone could just use some random technique and then make proto-cosmic spirit treasures then they're really not worth that much. A bit of an inconsistency on IET's part.

I vaguely recall a part where it was said that Ning had upgraded the Darknorth swords a bit, so they would be more appropriate for him as a Void Immortal or something, but it was said that it's impossible to raise a treasure all the way.

13. Evertime

Evertime Dungeonmaster Daoist

Reading List:
    Link
    Your next line is "Unfortunately for them they were too slow"

14. exefour

exefour ◄Amaranthine Origin► ◄Evil►

Reading List:
    Link
    My guess is; He is Daofather Gold Crow. The one who lost his 9 brothers to Houyi. I think he reacted that way to technique because of that. Since he was the only one who have similar technique in the entire Three Realms.
    Now there is another techique and Ji Ning already trained it. So another person who can rival Gold Crow in speed. Not to mention, Suiren also going to train it.

Crimshine and ABMAINA like this.
  15. ABMAINA

ABMAINA ★☆☆☆☆

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh? That's a good guess as to his identity.

-----

hmmm... now that Ji Ning is caught in a trap I guess the seamless gate will experience his brand new escaping technique first hand.

16. Viola

Reading List:
    Link
    So if we could bet with the Forums Bank money this would be a great opportunity considering the nature of the chapter teaser.
    ... how many Empyrean God's / True Immortals to kill Ji Ning.
    I'd guess 50

17. Crimshine

Crimshine x399 %993

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol, this isn't nearly enough. Ji Ning can travel at the speed of light, those Seamless guys won't have the time to move if he decide to flee so the only way to completely block his way out is to have enough people to cover any direction around him in a big sphere.
    I would say, at the very least, 1000 (but 10000 or more seems a lot more likely)

Lithit likes this.
  18. Viola

Reading List:
    Link
    i was thinking 50 in a formation with the location assistance of the God King. I just don't want this to become a quantity versus quality thing like IET is doing in SS right now or has been done with the formations in DE.

All in all id rather have one of the truly supreme Empyrean Gods fight him with others just slowing him down... but this is the end of the book and we need some shock value as is IET's style. So he'll probs kill as many as you said would show up or the God King will just bow his head. Probably the first then followed by the second.

19. Lithit

Lithit Desu~'s Little Griffin

Reading List:
    Link
    Nah, you can't forget, this a novel with 1.000,000sq kilometer cities. It will at least have to be 1,000,000,000 Empyrean gods to hold him for the time it would take to burn a stick of incense.

20. Crimshine

Crimshine x399 %993

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah true, IET multiply everything by ten thousands, in his head it must be like: "Why having a city as big as Beijing or Tokyo when we can have cities as large as an entire real planet, huuh!?"