LCD Against the Gods

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Saitama, Nov 9, 2015.

1. Invisalats

Invisalats The Bearded One

Reading List:
    Link
    I really wish he'd die in the next chapter but I know it doesn't end at 680...

mrttao likes this.
  2. voydom

voydom Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He used the dragon aura full throttle.

3. RebirthofNovel

RebirthofNovel Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Fairies of Asguard were at sky profound realm but within 3 years they all reached emperor, and 8th level at that.
    For qingyue it took 2 years to jump from Emp 2 to 4.

Where as our shit yun che only reached from earth lvl 9 to sky lvl 9 in 2.5 yrs and luckily got golden crow blood to reach emperor.

So this guy is shit in terms of cultivation. Even after being a member of Guardian clan and enjoying its resources (no matter how fallen it is it should atleast be million times better than Asguard. He couldn't reach Emperor realm

This just shows the authors lack of writing skills when yun che increases levels.

mrttao likes this.
  4. Judgecutioner

Judgecutioner [Supreme Noodly God][Created 69^69 universes][Dom]

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, he spent most of times improving techniques that had much greater impact than cultivation itself, so that part is kinda sound. But in last x chapters, rather than help of clan resources, fact that he has one million dolla... I mean overlord pellets, and uses none is what I find to be author's fail.

5. Killerspintt

Killerspintt The Remnant of God's Wrath

Reading List:
    Link
    I think you don't understand what is an overlord pellet. You have to be half Tyrant to eat the pellet, and you get like ~50% chance to become a level 1 Tyrant from a regular overlord pellet. Yun Che's skills are OP since he got the poison pearl and his pellets are like ~100% chance to become a Tyrant from an half Tyrant status.

For the faires and their capacity to become high level emperor, first they were half emperor, second they got the OP veins from Yun Che, third......the only thning they do is cultivating and practicing the same profund arts. Yun Che basically never cultivates, he is "leveling" by getting God's blood, or by drinking dragon blood when he was stuck with his grandpa, what he practices mostly is overpowered martial arts and since his understanding is beyond godlike..........I would do the same thing if I were him. But yeah, now he is so much OP that if he become Half Tyrant, he will have the same battle power has a regular mountain peak sovereign like LDE, if he become a regular Tyrant..........he will be matchless on his current planet.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2016
  6. voydom

voydom Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If Yun Che was cultivating as fast as everyone else while keeping his power multiplier from all the inheritances, he would have no match on the two worlds already and would be forced to leave to find new challenges, despite the fact he still has plenty of unfinished business there. On top of that his body cultivation is heading towards saint/god body, but by all means ... make his cultivation as easy as that of every average gifted cultivator.

There are plenty of holes in the novel, but cultivation is far from being close to the top.

7. Killerspintt

Reading List:
    Link
    For Yun Che you better think in terms of battle power. During the DPE tournament, his battle power was at high emperor/early Tyrant level (in fact an early Tyrant was able to force him into deathtrap situation on the Profund Arch). 3 Years later his battle power is at level 3-4 Sovereign.

8. StormHawk

StormHawk I’m Back To Drop Bombs

Reading List:
    Link
    What did you expect? The whole story is about how he pick up wife and more wives anyway. He loose one pick up two and try to save the one he lost.
    I don't like ATG much. MC's a horny dog with too many Plot Armors.

mrttao likes this.
  9. Killerspintt

Reading List:
    Link
    In fact, which "wife" has he chosen so far ? Qingyue was an arranged marriage, he had to save little fairy's life, he was forced to fuck LDE non-stop until he climaxed 500 times (in fact he got himself raped by her).........and it wasn't even him who proposed Cang Yue, in fact he felt kinda akward when Cang Yue's father proposed it. And I bet it will be the same for the Phoenix Empress......

Yun Che is just the luckiest man ever in love, taking all peerless beauties of the planet for himself :(

mrttao likes this.
  10. UsernameJ

UsernameJ Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You realize that's the whole point? ATG is the Chinese version of Shounen/male fantasy. All enemies are his to conquer, all skills are his to master, all women are not only his, they're rushing themselves to fall in love and fuck him first.

mrttao likes this.
  11. Cupcake Ninja

Cupcake Ninja [Kind Sage][Lord Benevolence][ The Great Paragon]

Reading List:
    Link
    ...im sure we can all agree that this whole thing with that Fen Juechen or whatever his name is, is bullshit. A total ass-pull, horrible story telling from the author. But the thing is, the guy wasn't all that bad. He was arrogant. But he wasn't as overbearing and hateful as the others in his clan. He had lines he wouldn't cross, his own sense of right and wrong. For example, how he save Little Aunt. He wasn't the normal arrogant young master, he was just a very prideful, uptight guy. And had reason to be prideful.

He was just a victim in all this. And youc can say it was stupid for Yun Che to spare him. It was. His little aunt asked him to, and i understand that she did it be cause the guy saved her from rape so i cant blame her for asking him to be spared at least once, but it was stupid regardless.

But when you look at things from Fen Juechen(if i got his name right)'s perspective then its hard not to sympathize with him. His soul is the reincarnation of the son of two immensely powerful people, his soul is the son of a family that rivaled the Sacred Grounds. But he was raised in the Fen clan. They were his family. He may not have liked his brothers, maybe not even his father and i dont know if he knew his mother....but he had to have liked some of the people in his family. And Yun Che slaughtered them all when he didnt have to. I understand the whole "pulling out weed from their roots" thing. He didnt want any future enemies. But there were some people of the clan who had nothing to do with him, who were only FOLLOWING THE HIGHER UPS' ORDERS.

He could have spared most, just kill off the immediate family. He went overkill. This means Fen Juechen lost everyone. even if he didn't like his brothers and father and shit, he would still have had his entire clan killed off by some punk playboy.

Honestly, do you want Yun Che to win? I dont, not really. I think Fen Juechen is even a better person than him. I like Yun Che only because he is the MC. But I dislike him as a person. He's a playboy, he plays around with the hearts of women and thats something you cant deny because he actively seeks out women for his harem and has no problems being honest with himself about it.

Yun Che isn't exactly "bad". But if I had to choose, I would rather he get killed off and let Fen Juechen become the new MC. He'd treat the harem better than Yun Che did, and even if he don't inherit them he's start his own and be a damn better harem master than that Playboy Che.

Whatever. That aside, i dont get why people don't like Fen Juechen just because the author made a flop and pulled these events out of his ass. He wasn't a bad guy. Prideful, but not bad.

12. Judgecutioner

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm sorry, but if your definition of bad doesn't include killing thousands of innocent disciples who did fuck all to deserve being killed, which is basically genocide, then I think there is this interesting German gentleman you would like to meet.

mrttao likes this.
  13. craBebe

craBebe Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm pretty sure there has never been a figure in history who has overreacted on the scale that Yun Che has(although there also hasn't been a figure who's had access to infinite biological weaponry). He basically poisoned an entire continent because his master was killed, and wiped out an entire sect over a kidnapping.

I'm not sure what kind of personality disorder he has, but he's pretty much a sociopath/megalomaniac.

At least Hitler had a 'reason' for his genocide(no, I'm not condoning the holocaust). Yun Che pretty much threw a tantrum. An eye for a 'everyone you've ever met, and everyone they've ever met, 6 degrees of Kevin Bacon genocide' really doesn't feel warranted. Now more than ever as he's on the cusp of wiping out the Divine Phoenix Empire.

mrttao likes this.
  14. Judgecutioner

Reading List:
    Link
    Before some modnazi bans you, I will give you benefit of doubt and say that I am 99.9% sure you mean reason from his own point of view, not objective reason.

15. craBebe

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, all that objective master race bullshit. Income inequality, need for a national scapegoat and something for the nation to rally behind. All those are 'reasons', they're complete bullshit ones but they're better than Yun Che's completely overblown vengeance.

I dunno, this probably isn't a good direction for the conversation to go. No genocide has an excuse, but Yun Che comes off as an extremely dangerous toddler throwing a tantrum.

mrttao and Judgecutioner like this.
  16. Killerspintt

Reading List:
    Link
    Only because he was/is in love, ONLY BECAUSE OF THIS. His moral was/is obviously terrible, it was his plan with his brother to act shameless, their father didn't even agree with it, he implicated his all clan and basically his clan was destroyed because of him and his brother. He shares equal responsibility with his brother for the extermination of his clan.

And also he didn't saved Little Aunt because of his moral or whatever, he saved her from rape because he loves her thats all, he certainly wouldn't have opposed his brother for any other person.
    Of course he is hatefull like his brother, he just fell in love.......
    Wasn't it said 2 or 3 times that his brother "destroyed" so many women ? Where was his moral then ? If he didn't fall for Little Aunt, no reason for her to have a different destiny than all those women.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2016
  17. Cupcake Ninja

Cupcake Ninja [Kind Sage][Lord Benevolence][ The Great Paragon]

Reading List:
    Link
    it wasn't stated whether the guy knew what his brother did to those women. Even if he did, he couldn't stop what's already been done and he couldn't kill his brother without getting in trouble himself.

i dont know how you can say he loved little aunt, though. He may have liked her beauty, but love? bullshit. Not back then, at least, i doubt he even talked to her much. No, he saw that his brother was about to rape her and stopped him. You can only really stop something when you're there to stop it. He probably wasn't there all those other times.

Also, he planned to lure Yun Che there, not to hurt little aunt. He is responsible for that, but as for the other shit that his brother did or was going to do, no. It's not like im saying he is some paragon of righteousness, im saying he has lines that his brother didn't and couldnt sit by when he knew what was going to happen to little aunt. Since he could stop it, he did.

As for those other times, again, it's not like he was there to contantly watch and make sure his brother behaved.

mrttao likes this.
  18. MadHatter

MadHatter [WindyWeather]

Reading List:
    Link
    Kinda like Hulk. Broke a nail, destroyed a city.

mrttao and craBebe like this.
  19. craBebe

Reading List:
    Link
    Pretty much.

Seems like a pretty major character flaw. Like.. yeah, okay, he's charismatic and shit.. but there's that whole 'tens of millions of deaths on his hands' thing.

His charisma kinda makes you forget about those things that should send you screaming into the night in terror, or damning him to the seventh circle of hell. Kinda like Trump.

mrttao likes this.
  20. MadHatter

MadHatter [WindyWeather]

Reading List:
    Link
    I won't blame him for what he did in his previous life because there's not much detail except that the people there went crazily after him to get their hand on the Sky Poison Pearl. I don't mind that he killed billions of people there, since they were all complicit in looking for him. This must have been quite the betrayal after all his master and him did, spending their time helping and healing people just to get backstabbed. Because they all want the Sky Poison Pearl. But what he did to the Burning Heaven Clan, that was over the top. And then letting one guy go, again a second time. That was just stupid, specially after giving a WHOLE chapter speech about why he should not let him go. That was a facepalm moment.

I kinda like Trump, the guy is never boring. If we Canadians survived Jean-Chétien, the Americans can survive Trump, ha! Politics aside, Yun Che have quite a twisted personality. Sometimes brilliant, sometimes dumb and violent. Jekyll and Hyde.