Discussion Everyone Loves Large Chests

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by kyuukestu, Nov 26, 2016.

1. kyuukestu

kyuukestu 『Q』『Vampyre Imperatrix』

Reading List:
    Link
    Lately RRL has been getting free advertising from me, regardless of how meager it is, but I'm here to promote another Novel from the Seas of RRL. I'll give a few warning first, this novel does have a fair bit of sexual content, its not to the level that It ruins or distracts from the story, but nevertheless it is there, along with copious amounts of profanity. (Though certain chapters have far more sexuality than others, you won't miss much by skipping them)

Well now that that's out of the way I can talk about the actual novel, the title of the Novel is .... quite literal a fair share of characters happen to be quite well endowed but, the title is in itself a pun. I wouldn't want to spoil anything too quickly so it will be under a Spoiler.

While the characters are quite busty the real reference behind the title was the main character, who happens to be a Mimic.

For those who don't know, a mimic is a monster that usually takes the form of a Chest in dungeons and devours explorers that unwarily open it expecting to find items.

For those who play RPGs it's that one infernal monster that decides to jump out of the Treasure chest when you were really hoping for that health potion, or in other cases a rare item.

As I see it the Story has a few good things running for it: Writing Style, Humor, Interesting Plot, Interesting Characters(potentially).

The Authors himself has a fairly fresh writing style and makes good use of the stupidity of his own characters to pull comedic relief, though It is well done and as long as it's decently spaces shouldn't get too repetitive. I'll give an example with an excerpt from chapter 24

Establishing a contract with a demon is generally believed to be a complicated ritual that involves a number of seemingly random ingredients and materials. There are indeed such practices that may be performed, such as the Ritual of Zul’Goroth. That particular ceremony involves butterflies, blood, a fox, a severed head, some cheese and skipping rope with some entrails. The product of this ritual would be the creation of a perfectly ordinary sweetroll that was actually kind of stale. Not the best use of a severed head if a certain Mimic had anything to say about that.

The Demonology Skill flooded the animate chest’s mind with the knowledge of several dubiously useful rituals like that. But none of those were actually related to establishing a contract with a demonic entity and calling them forth to this world. No, that bit was actually rather straightforward. It just needed to concentrate a bit and reach out into the Beyond, a process that simply required that the Warlock ‘think aloud’ a series of numbers.

1-800-7355-9687-7685

*Beep ... Beep ... Beep … Bee-*

*Click*

“Hello,” spoke a voice directly into its mind. It sounded rough and gritty, like someone had been eating gravel for breakfast every day for two decades.

“You have reached Demons ‘R’ Us,” it continued,” my name is Carl and I’ll be your liaison for today.”

“Hey Carl,” responded the Mimic. It seemed it had managed to connect to the same agent it got the first time.

“Ohhh! If it isn’t that amusing little box?! How’ve you been, buddy?”

“Pretty good. Ate some people. Gained some Levels.”

“Hey, that’s super. So, what can I do for you today?”

“I got a new Skill that said I can get another contract.”

“Alright, just a second. *Taptaptaptap taptaptaptaptap tap taptaptap* Okay, can you forward your Status to me? You DO remember how to do that, right?”

Carl had spent nearly 3 hours teaching the Mimic how to send its Status over a telepathic link the first time around. It messed up several times and even somehow forwarded it to Carl’s boss by mistake before it could get it just right. Carl caught more than a little flak over that particular event.

“Yes, sending it now,” it replied.

“Okay. I’ve received it. Oh, you got a Rank Up, grats! Ah, Demonology is it? Hold, please.”

There were some more half-tapping half-clacking noises before Carl continued.

“Good news, my square friend. Your request for additional demonic support has been approved! Now then, what species are you looking to form a covenant with?”

“Fiend.”

*Taptaptaptaptap tap*

“Male or female?”

“There’s a difference?”

“Males are generally more intelligent while females are more ferocious.”

“Then female.”

*Taptap taptaptaptaptaptap tap*

“A tall one or a short one?”

“Tall.”

*Tap tap tap*

“Do you prefer big or small chests?”

“Big,” answered the Mimic immediately. How was this even a question? Bigger treasure chests had more shiny things inside them and were therefore better without a doubt.

“I know, right? Ah, sorry for asking again, company policy.”

“No problem.”

The question did strike it as a little out of place at first, but it didn’t worry too much about it. Carl himself said it didn’t affect the demon’s performance in any way and was mostly a formality of establishing the contract. He asked it some more questions followed by some more weird mechanical noises. A few minutes later, they got to the last one.

“Any additional requests?”

Last time the Mimic had said it wanted something that was good at hiding and got a succubus specialized in infiltration and covering her tracks through dream manipulation. That wasn’t quite what it had in mind, but it still worked out so it had no complaints. This time was even simpler - it just needed a vanguard that could take hits in its place. And pretty much any Fiend fit that bill. Still, having one that has more than a single use would be good.

“It doesn’t matter as long as it’s handy.”

“Understood. *Tap taptaptaptap taptaptap taptap* Alright, now all we need to do is wait for- Oh, nevermind! Your application got an instant reply! Just gimme a sec here… *Taptaptaptap* There, done! Your new familiar is all set up and ready to be summoned. Will that be all for today?”

“Yes.”

“Then would you like to fill out a survey to-”

“No.”

“Understood. Thank you again for contacting Demons ’R’ Us. We hope to hear from you again.”

*Click*

Well, that was over and done with.

The main form of comedic relief comes from how the author capitalizes on out main character's stupidity, but with the main character being a bit... special it's actually not something that's painful to read.

I'm being vague about things as I don't really want to spoil any surprises regardless of how minor, the little things add up after all. The prologue is only a few Paragraphs but the Chapters from there onward are substantial in length.

I'll end here and simply give a link.

[​IMG]
    Everyone Loves Large Chests by Exterminatus

Give it a shot if only 1 or 2 chapters, that is if you don't mind the 18+ content, I found it an enjoyable read~
    The pun makes its appearance once again as by Large chest it means the Chest she's sitting on and not her Bosom.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2016
    Ale Cole, Eruxol and Mufarasu like this.
  2. MantouInv

MantouInv Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    that title tho....

wafflebeauty likes this.
  3. kyuukestu

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, It's explained in the Post.

4. LittleAsianBoy

LittleAsianBoy The Hidden in Plain Sight Guy

Reading List:
    Link
    I like large chests. They usually have my hopes and dreams within. They can also store things that my kids will need. They're amazing.

5. MantouInv

MantouInv Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    real men dont open spoiler tabs

akki, Lithit, Mufarasu and 2 others like this.
  6. Frozen ink

Frozen ink Legally had harem『Cathulu』Power of Love & Evil』

Reading List:
    Link
    who doesn't you get the best loot from chests.... and they sometimes poison the eyes as well..

7. SirKulinski

SirKulinski Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I approve of large chests.

8. craBebe

craBebe Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    *cough* Hitomi Tanaka *cough*

Eruxol and Lithit like this.
  9. Jaded

Jaded Majoring in Erology

Reading List:
    Link
    You're a Mantou though...

LittleAsianBoy and runsing like this.
  10. kyuukestu

Reading List:
    Link
    lol, then read the novel

Lithit likes this.
  11. StormHawk

StormHawk I’m Back To Drop Bombs

Reading List:
    Link
    I love large chests too. Imagine the two melons laying on your face.

12. Aternus

Aternus Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Super fun story. If you're on the fence take the plunge and give it a whirl.

13. kyuukestu

Reading List:
    Link
    ..... >_>

crimsonwolf8439 likes this.
  14. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't mind small or large chest both on treasure or bust matter~
    CG2_25a.jpg
    Nekopara all nekos.jpg

wafflebeauty and Danis like this.
  15. Scarecrow

Scarecrow > dev/null

Reading List:
    Link
    The law of RPG says that the lesser the loots, the more value in individual items. So no.

16. runsing

runsing status : bleeding, health -10/s Novel Updates Staff

Reading List:
    Link
    everyone that click on this thread should create a guild

17. Ratatoskr

Ratatoskr [Aruruu's proud dad] [The False Gentleman]

Reading List:
    Link
    ahh, so it was a novel. i thought it was a statement. and this whole thread is about why large chest is great.

18. aky

aky Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So Mc is a chest ?.....hmmm

19. Nyeko

Nyeko Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hiding in small chests is more comfortable.

20. Jaded

Jaded Majoring in Erology

Reading List:
    Link