Recommendations I'm so bored so recommend me something

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by konmain, Dec 18, 2016.

1. konmain

konmain Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
  2. Breaker12

Breaker12 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
  3. konmain

konmain Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I should have put that there I'm also reading that one but it sucks. I feel emperor's domination is little bit better than SoTR

4. jkmessah

jkmessah WoC, GoR and TGS enthusiast!

Reading List:
    Link
    How interesting. I'm the opposite! I started with ED then SOTR but I ended up dropping ED. I couldn't reach the apex sadly!

konmain likes this.
  5. UsernameJ

UsernameJ Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  6. negritis

negritis The Mathematician

Reading List:
    Link
    dragon marken war god

7. Breaker12

Breaker12 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well... if you asked me a year before, I could give you a WIDE list, but I have recently been slowing down on my Xianxia Reading (my reading list originally had dozens of Xianxia. Now it only has 3-4). Though, since most xianxias are similar, I reccomend ISSTH. Martial World is also fairly good, World of Cultivation is unique and Heavenly Jewel Change has the best fight scenes.

4r1kk65 and Phantom Starlight like this.
  8. newgen333

newgen333 Friendly Bandit

Reading List:
    Link
    Transcending the Three Realms or somethin like that it was called fits your bill

9. sufod01

sufod01 Ghost

Reading List:
    Link
  10. Phantom Starlight

Phantom Starlight The Guiding Light

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, this is the same as me. There are very few that feel different enough to me to be worthy of note, and lots of people don't like them. Like Emperor's Domination haha.

11. heads-or-tails

heads-or-tails Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    tHE BEASTS BLOOD BOILS

12. MangoGuy

MangoGuy Rambling Mango

Reading List:
    Link
  13. Corvo269

Corvo269 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  14. naviet

naviet Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  15. konmain

konmain Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It gave me a lot of headaches.

16. Gin

Gin Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
  17. heartantares

heartantares One Who Provides Uselessly Detailed Information

Reading List:
    Link
    I recommend you read all novels on this site in ABC order and then tell me which one you enjoyed =D

18. Breaker12

Breaker12 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Alright, let me help you out. After searching through my history, I found a few worthwhile novels:

Heavenly Jewel Change - Best combat scenes. Pretty good character development. Song-wise, it would be Legend from Adrian Von Ziegler.

I Shall Seal the Heavens - Crappy combat scenes, but the novel with the biggest amount of hype. Slow beginning, but gets better later on. If it were a song, it would be Two Steps From Hell's Heart (Dao) of Courage (Shamelesness).

Transcending the Nine Heavens: Extremely unique. It's a more refined xianxia. If other xianxias were crude folksongs, this one is Mozart's Requiem.

Emperor's Domination: Amusing. Funny. Worth a laugh. The beginning is confusing, and for the first few chapters, tl's grammar leaves much to be desired, but improves later on. Hmm... I guess it's Little Apple from T-ARA.

Against the Gods, Martial World, True Martial World, Battle Through the Heavens - They are basically the same story. Against the Gods is pretty much a crossover between Martial World, Battle Through the Heavens and Martial God Asura. Martial World is the oldest one (Not sure. Maybe it was BTTH.) They are pretty much the template for most mediocre xianxia stories. They are your usual pop-songs. Martial World is slightly better; it's Imagine Dragon's Warriors. You can include Peerless Martial God, Martial Peak, Devouring The Heavens and most xianxias/wuxias/xuanhuans on this category.

World of Cultivation - takes some time to get used to the various terms, but it's amazing later on. Definitely the most unique of all novels. MC is a farmer, array maker, island keeper, sect master, city master, and plenty of other stuff. He's everything but a sword cultivator, LOL. As for the music.... truthly, I can't describe this one. It's ever-changing.

No-no: Martial God Asura. Unless, of course, you are fond of bestiality, rape, rape, rape, rape, meaningless slaugther, rape, rape, rape, and rape. Yeah. You get the idea. Wait... did I mention rape? Just for guarantee, let me make it clear that there's rape even after the MC gets his own girls. Add a poorly recycled plot into that mix and you'll have the almighty MGA. The song? Justin Bieber's Baby. Or something worser than that, though I doubt you'll find one.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2016