Novel Combat World: Volume 1: Combatants of the Empire

Discussion in 'Community Fictions' started by Love4NovelGuy, Dec 27, 2016.

1. Love4NovelGuy

Love4NovelGuy [Veteran Writer] [Reaper]

Reading List:
    Link
    Prologue: Death

In a darkly lit room was a young man who was tightly tied to a chair using all forms of restraints, to the point that he even had trouble breathing, but his attitude didn't give off the feeling of a victim as he tapped his foot in the floor.

Surrounding his chair were a few people wearing skull-faced masks, the air around them seemed to freeze because of the murderous intent coming straight from their hearts, but the actions of the bound young man seemed to suggest his enjoyment of the circumstances surrounding him.

"Remove the restraints on his mouth and ears." A man in black clothes who was wearing a more elaborate skull mask said icily to his subordinates. He looked at the young man in front of him with eyes containing deep malice.

"Urgh...! Seriously, can't you take care of me better? Maybe I'll talk if you treat me a nice dinner~!" The young man laughs, nonchalant even though he was restrained and deprived of his vision.

"Do you think someone will be able to save you? Is that why you aren't taking us seriously?" The masked man said deeply. He reached into his jacket and pulled out a knife, the proceeded to stab it into the young man's knee.

"Urgh...!" He grunted in pain, but a smile was still on his face as he gritted his teeth. Blood spurted out his knee and covers the SWAT vest on the floor.

"I got a question for you. Come on, if you answer it, maybe I'll think about answering truthfully." He said with nonchalance, completely ignoring the blood seeping out his wound, causing the masked man to feel a little fearful of his unbreakable heart's will.

"You just don't understand your situation! We are the ones will be asking the questions!" The masked man roared ferociously before pulling the knife out of the young man's knee and using to stab him again repeatedly.

"Are you lot wearing masks?" The young man asked unconcernedly. He gritted his teeth and tried to pretend his body wasn't trembling in pain.

"So what if we are?" The masked man unconsciously retorted and didn't understand what he was getting at.

"If you are, then you're a retarded bastard, that's what. Why the hell are you wearing a mask in front of a guy you've blindfolded? Do you also wear sunglasses at night to hide your ugly fa-" Just as the young man was about to continue ridiculing the masked man who captured him, a fist smashed into his stomach, before being followed up by a slap that hit straight into his jaw.

"I see you have a smart mouth. Let's see if you can keep up the act after I'm done with you." The masked man with with red eyes, his breathing was ragged even though he wasn't tired, as was the same for the others surrounding him.

They chopped off all ten fingers, cut off one of his legs, beat him to the point of losing a most of his teeth and bruised him to the point that most of his body was covered in the colour of blue.

A knife was left sticking out of his shoulder, but he didn't shed even one tear through the blindfold covering his eyes, his breath was faint yet the way he presented himself looked like he was actually sleepy from extreme boredom.

"Are you guys done? How unprofessional of you lot, can't you interrogate some you've injected with truth serum? I'm sure I would have been able to do a better job than you fucking shits for brains." The young man weakly laughed, he didn't even have any strength left to struggle anymore, and his entire body was in pain from the relentless torture.

Well, what was left of him felt pain anyway, it was miraculous itself that he was still able to retain his consciousness after having most of his body parts cut off or mangled in such a way. The eyes of the masked man was still as savage as before, he wanted to just kill the young man to end it all together, but his pride stopped him.

He was unable to believe that the person in front of him was merely a SWAT Officer from the UK and not a veteran Ranger from the military armed forces. He was unable to understand why an police officer who's should only be ordinary in terms of mental fortitude was so unyielding!

It was at that moment, a flash lit up the dark lit room which was followed by an loud explosion, those who had fallen to the ground because of the force of the explosion were quickly disposed of by a barrage of bullets. A gruesome massacre could be heard as the smell of gunpowder permeated the room.

The young man retrained to an iron chai felt the warmth of sunlight on his flesh, but was unable to see the faces of his comrades that participated in the raid along with, his lips curved as he heard the masked terrorist dying scream. It was at that moment that tears started to well up in his eyes.

"Allen! Don't worry. You'll be fine.... You'll be alright. Medic! Get over here...! You bastard!" The voice of an older man could be heard in his ears.

He felt a tear drop hit his face, but before the man could take off his blindfold, Allen's voice resounded.

"Stop!" The rough hands of the man was stopped by Allen's trembling voice.

"Son. Why...?" The man, for the first time since Allen had joined the Special Weapons And Tactics force, asked his son without any strictness in his voice.

"I don't want to see anything. I might pass out if I see my body, and most of all, do you think I want to ruin the image of that iron-blooded father in my mind?" He forced out a smile and said.

"Son. Stop it... Stop talking nonsense even now. Stop hiding what you actually feel." His father didn't heed his words and took off his blindfold, but what he saw underneath it were merely the burned remains of Allen's eyes.

A gasp could be heard from the officers as they saw his mangled body, they also couldn't believe that Allen was able to keep the secret of where they hid after entering the terrorists base and survive under such torturous conditions.

"Fuck...!" An officer who saw his eyes couldn't but curse and start unloading the bullets in his pistol into the masked man who seemed to be their leader.

"It's alright. Where's the med, what's taking him so long?" Allen acted unconcerned about his eyes, and tried to change the subject, a man who looked no different than the others surrounding him ran towards him with a medical kit in his hands.

The man didn't speak anything to waste time and helped Allen's father lay him on the floor, but after a few minutes of checking his condition the man shook his head towards his father.

"Allen, you're going to be alright, be strong for me." His father tried to lie for the first time in his life with a stern voice. After hearing such an obvious lie from his father, Allen laughed once more, but the nonchalance in his voice had all but faded into nothingness.

"Tell me the truth. Dad... Don't you dare lie to me. You suck at it." Allen asked, the forced smile on his face started to waver, as he was unable keep up his current charade any longer.

"I don't want to die..." He continued but was only answered with a brutal silence, a silence that didn't reassure him, a silence filled with coldness.

'To die like this... Why did I have to be such a nice guy and take one for the team? I should have just let that other guy be captured and tortured instead trying to be such a martyr.

Ahh... I want another chance, even if I have to give up something in return, it wouldn't be a problem.' As if listening to the single drop of his sea of messy thoughts, the sounds of breathing around him quietens, leaving him confused. He saw blinding blue chalice even in front of him, even though he was blind, he could 'see' that the azure light illuminated the world as if it was looking for something in particular.

He felt a vibration coming from the gun he reflexively took out of his father's holster and pointed at the floating chalice above him. The gun flew out of his hands and merged with the blue chalice, after fusing with the gun an extremely bright light enveloped him before he fully lost his consciousness.

Chiaroscuro likes this.
  2. Centennial

Centennial Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Umm, anything else? Like a link to the other chapters? Or, are you asking if we should make comments on the prologue?

3. Akshay007

Akshay007 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Not had...

4. Love4NovelGuy

Reading List:
    Link
    Just wanted to see what are others thoughts on the prologue.

5. Love4NovelGuy

Reading List:
    Link
    ?

6. Akshay007

Akshay007 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Its not bad...sorry

7. Artificer

Artificer Active Member