Discussion How were you introduced to novels

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by GodxOfxDeath, Jan 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PamelAxiah

PamelAxiah Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    My friends introduced me with ark and then i continue with LMS after that i browse and find Coiling dragon when i try searching the continue story of LMS in google. That the time i find novelsupdate :)

2. Azure Blaze

Azure Blaze 『Stability』『Calmness』『Tranquility』『Heavenly Blue』

Reading List:
    Link
    You should I don't know if it was changed but.. it was a bit censored during that time and the quality of the colored page was ridiculously high orz

SoulZer0 likes this.
  3. Mahou-nii-sama

Mahou-nii-sama Ultimate Cannon Fodder

Reading List:
    Link
    been hearing about light novels for a while, but couldn't find a site to read one.I found baka tsuki of course.
    Anyway, through some searching I got to novel updates, thought it was only Chinese novels, but there were light novels, found a site (armaell's library is heaven ) , found spice and wolf in another site (been dying to read it), since I'm a bibliophile, I got curious and read tons here...mostly ecchi lol

4. shade0180

shade0180 your shadow

Reading List:
    Link
    Anime and Games > Manga > Forums NarutoForums, Manga Fox, some other forum I already forgot > Fanfictions & VN's > I read some JP Novels, Like. Mushoku tensei and NGNL outside of Novelupdates then I think I encountered a wuxia novel probably Zhan long. Which well got me to Novelupdate and I ended up dropping it for the other better Novel I picked up since then.

5. aarush

aarush Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Anime->Manga->Manhua->SYWZ manhua->SYWZ LN

6. KaiserNephilim

KaiserNephilim Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    watched a lot of anime=> read a lot of manga=> after run out of interesting manga, got lost in the internet until i read novels at baka-tsuki, then coiling dragon=> then saw novelupdates, can't stop since....

7. yuan-niisan

yuan-niisan ★【Blank Sect's Dao Protector】☆

Reading List:
    Link
    First, watched anime's such as guilty crown, one piece, bleach, naruto etc. Began to read manga later on. I happen to come across Renegade Immortal manhwa, and like it for it's unique and eccentric storyline. Meridians, latent talent, "genius", determination and ruthlessness, and human cruelty. Those things i've seen in Xian Ni which alot of Anime and manga doesn't have, except tokyo ghoul.
    Decided to continue at reading it at novel version. It's quite blurred and hard to understand first, especially those booming there, waving that, strolling here, beauty that, sexy this, and that.

Finished reading the latest chapter and i'm still not satisfied. Few days passed and there's still no new chapter, and i realized something's wrong with me.

10 days of reading nonstop became my hobby. I wait for new chapter every hour until i'm fed up. I went to read other xianxia genre novels such as that. Read MGA, ATG, ISSTH, TTNH etc. Until i can't stop anymore.

8. Sashimi095

Sashimi095 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It all started around the airing of Oda Nobuna no Yabou cuz dat 1 season show left me hanging. Me, wanting to know more of the story led me to search for more then came across baka-tsuki which led to me reading a bunch. To name a few, they were Mahouka, Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance, SAO, Date A Live, etc. Then came upon Mushoku Tensei's first few translated chapters as well as Tate no Yuusha's (da glorious 5 chapters per day on paste bin by bakahou then the nearly everyday chapters by yoraikun). Then came after several other novels by bookmarking every single site which translates novels like sousetsuka, nanodesu, oniichanyamete(by The 5th Holy Sheeprabbit, Kilimanjaro Estelion Sharlulu Asheel Vinchance Celenalia di ef Falufiluu'Luufilaafee (The 35th))

Then came aho-updates, but sadly came to its end after a few months.

And now we here in novelupdates!

9. SoulZer0

SoulZer0 Heaven Refining

Reading List:
    Link
    It's nice to hear that.

10. Raneday

Raneday Not Rane

Reading List:
    Link
    read manga of tate no yuusha then got hooked up tried searching if it has an anime adaptation but I found the novel form of it~

11. Shiho

Shiho ☘️ Kusa Gang ☘️

Reading List:
    Link
    Watched A Certain Magical Index => Can't wait for season 3 => Read the light novel.
    The first R18 novel I read was SAO 16.5, and it was also my first hentai (manga) read... Now that I thought about it, I turned to the dark path because of SAO, huh.

12. Rinai

Rinai Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    there was a time when anime can't sate my thirst for 'something' anymore so my friend recommend me a WN about a neet ossan reincarnated in fantasy world, yep it's Mushoku Tensei, at first I didn't really interested in it but when I'm waiting for a bus I thought might as well spend my time reading it, aaaaand..... HERE I'M!!

13. SpearOfLies

SpearOfLies [Lucky Dad][Has a lovely daughter]

Reading List:
    Link
    Vacation. Bored. Parent. Slow internet. Seach light weight thing. Find SAO.

14. sidiusn

sidiusn Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Akira in mid 90s on VHS!... then i had to subscribe on dragonball pocket since internett still in the early years... after that i started watching dragonball and one piece. and all those.. when i ran out. i started with manga. when i ran out i found lightnovels...

15. shou7

shou7 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I was probably looking for spoilers for Index or Haruhi on Baka-Tsuki or something. For non-anime related novels, it was probably through vgperson's translation of Sugaru Miaki novels.

16. reokyouma

reokyouma Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I have watched to aru and sao got hype went to searched for spoilers then i found baka-tsuki

17. CDLevit

CDLevit Aspiring water; spark of cynicism; Em&es explorer.

Reading List:
    Link
    You're talking about translated novels?

18. selkie

selkie [kuragehime] [jellyfish lover] [swish swish]

Reading List:
    Link
    For webnovels and light novels, it was sword art online and Baka-Tsuki. There was also Spice and Wolf that I could never get my hands on.

19. jossy48

jossy48 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I first watched the anime of Baccano and then tried to access the light novel of it, but i could not find it. Still searching for it. However, i did not know there were other elements of novels, such as web novels, which i only found out recently about after watching a Chinese drama called Boss and Me, which is based on Come and eat, Shan Shan, a web novel.

20. Nazgand

Nazgand New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't even remember.
    Legendary Moonlight Sculptor was my first though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.