LCD The Tutorial Is Too Hard

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Jaiki, Dec 11, 2016.

1. BlancFrost

BlancFrost ❄Middle child: Carm & Dev + Sio's FSIL ❄

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey good idea! By before the tutorial starts they might of had a better chance at surviving, instead of trial by error. The logic of this tutorial is questionable...

2. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    To be fair, he picked Hell difficulty. It was probably intended for natural born geniuses with a few years of martial arts training or something. Normal people don't seem to have any trouble with Easy mode after all.

3. BlancFrost

Reading List:
    Link
    :) I feel sorry for the people who click on Hell difficulty by accident. But being on this level and making it through does make you stronger than those on Easy mode. I wonder if the other people mentioned in the first chapter who passed through Hell difficulty were those types of people - natural born genius and skilled martial arts disciples.

4. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Other than the MC, no one who has entered Hell mode has survived. They all died, without further exception. Well, unless we count the archer from chapter 1, but she hasn't technically started the tutorial yet.

5. BlancFrost

Reading List:
    Link
    Ahhh >.< I must of misread the first couple of chapters. The people he was talking to were on other modes. We're up to chapter 14 and he just past level 1, I do wonder how many chapters the author is going to allocate for each level. Hope it isn't repetitive.

6. UsernameJ

UsernameJ Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He's the only survivor from Korea. The US team has 10 guys all together in Hell difficulty, though their max floor was around 30 and he's at 61 iirc.

7. BlancFrost

Reading List:
    Link
    thank you for that! I did not remember where it was~ ahh my memory is bad, too many novels to read.

8. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder if he ages while he's in the Tutorial? If so, he could wind up dying of old age in there simply because his body degraded too much to continue while he was waiting for a second person to show up. If not, then I'd wonder if there are people who would go into the Tutorial with the intention of becoming NPC's and living forever.

Ah right, I totally forgot about them.

9. Shiho

Shiho ☘️ Kusa Gang ☘️

Reading List:
    Link
    Now that he cleared floor 1, hope the next chapter will be him coaching archer girl for the floor.

10. Arkeus

Arkeus Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, it will be really disappointing if it goes through all 60 floors of him alone.

Also: I am pretty sure you can't get skills in the waiting room, so while you can grind them while doing a floor, the waiting room limits you to improving stats.

Maybe I am wrong though.

11. BlancFrost

Reading List:
    Link
    Not too sure about gaining skills in the waiting room, but I remember all they did was try to work as a team...I think. I guess if you practice in the waiting room it may become second nature during the tutorial and would be easier to gain that skill.

12. Shiho

Shiho ☘️ Kusa Gang ☘️

Reading List:
    Link
    Like EER Yu IlHan's thousand years of training then after he just swing a chair spear and he get Spearmanship Lv Max system-like.

13. Arkeus

Arkeus Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh yeah definitely- for example I expect archer girl to gain archer skills much faster than is usual.

Also, looking at titles of Korean chapters, it does seem that
    we get a "floor 60" chapter every handful of chapters
    as well as some chapters that might be from archer girl's point of view- unsure though.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2017
  14. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    So does that mean that the store opens after 30 days even if you don't clear the first floor? Couldn't the archer girl use that fact to earn points off the easier traps that she actually had some hope of surviving, and kill time doing various forms of training while she waited to fail so that she could buy a shield and have a real chance at survival? Wouldn't that mean that the starting weapon didn't really matter all that much? Yeah, the shield would be better, but choosing something else wouldn't be the end of the world if your reflexes were good enough to have any hope of surviving the later traps with the shield.

I wonder if there's anyway for him to grind for points. If not, I'm not sure how he'd pass the next floor if he ran out of potions and points to buy them with. Its not like any of his status skills actually provide immunity, or even true resistance after all.

15. Arkeus

Arkeus Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Haven't they also said you can only get weapons in the area with NPC? meaning you can't get a shield before doing the first floor, and a shield probably cost enough point that you wouldn't be able to get other essential items then.

16. BlancFrost

Reading List:
    Link
    I hope that is the case~ It would be more interesting that way.

17. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm glad the archer isn't just a one-off character, but I really wish the author hadn't just brushed passed how she cleared the first floor with a "she's a high quality athlete who mostly listens to good advice." At the very least, I would have liked some kind of montage highlighting the differences in their approaches to the floor.

There's a part of me that wants him to actually send the vibe, just so we can see her reaction ;)

I wonder how much of that care package she'll actually keep. A lot of it seems like dead weight after all. Also wondering why he didn't just ask her what she'd like him to send her beyond the essentials. If nothing else, it would have given the author a chance to develop the only other major character in the story.

18. UsernameJ

UsernameJ Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't think explaining her efforts in the tutorial would've been super important, but showing in writing how she benefited from the specific things he learned I think would've been helpful. Like how he realized that the tutorial is meant to train you, faster arrows are more noticeable compared to silent arrows which are slower etc. Just saying "she's an athlete" doesn't do it justice.

It's also a terrible cop-out, my brother is a high level international level athlete and most of his peers would be absolute garbage at something like this due to their garbage mentality lol.

19. Arkeus

Arkeus Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There will probably be archer PoV chapters later, but my guess is the author is trying to get far enough in the floors with the guy so that he can concentrate instead on the macro stuff with her instead of minute details.

20. Abox

Abox ☆Havek's Lil' Kitten☆ {Rea's Slave} |Bielt's Wife|

Reading List:
    Link
    Why a vibe... he can't be that dense