Korean Evolution Theory of the Hunter

Discussion in 'Novel Pickup Request' started by jacobpaige, Jan 6, 2017.

1. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Name: Evolution Theory of the Hunter

Raw Link: http://novel.munpia.com/50997

NU Link (if available): www.novelupdates.com/series/evolution-theory-of-the-hunter/

Why It Should Get Picked Up
    : Because its a fairly unique series in terms of execution if not setting. Its entertaining, the world feels believable, the character interactions are fun and the MC isn't ridiculously OP right from the start.

Description (if you can find one):
    Its a Korean story about the real world being slowly converted into a game world, as seen through the eyes of a very poor person who dreams of becoming a very rich person by working as a dungeon diver. There's personal growth, team building, army battles and politics of every scale. There's pretty much something for everyone in this story, but it still manages to be a single, cohesive tale.

From NU:
    In a world of dungeons and monsters – you can become strong if you merely have enough money.

Rare skillbooks that can magically upgrade your skills in an instant are sold at exorbitant prices. So only the privileged and rich are able to buy their way to become hunters – a much revered occupation that allows one to enter dungeons and hunt monsters.

Our MC is a porter, a sort of caddie for hunters. He dreams of one day becoming a hunter when he comes into possession of a skillbook.

But the skill is a level 0. Something unheard of. No one wants it. People laugh at it. But he learns the skill – only to find that it may be the most amazing one yet.

------------------------------

By the way, I know it hasn't been three months yet, but the translator has moved to a new site, abandoning the old one completely, and the new site doesn't list this series as one that they translate. I take this to mean that it was dropped and the translator simply chose to not state it clearly. @lightnovelcafe can correct me if I'm wrong.

Note: I'm not sure about the raws link. I got it from the former translator's site, but when I clicked it, it didn't look like a chapter listing. If someone has a better link, feel free to share.

Cfourify, Riqu, GonZ555 and 12 others like this.
  2. akki

akki [Ani's C☕ffee-mate #3] [Shady Merchant]

Reading List:
    Link
    That description is good. It's got me interested in reading it straightaway.

3. tsundere_taichou

tsundere_taichou [Cute Demon Sect]

Reading List:
    Link
    its pretty good, the translator used to put out like a chapter a day too...RIP

Acidburnsage likes this.
  4. akki

akki [Ani's C☕ffee-mate #3] [Shady Merchant]

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't think I've noticed it before. Got just over 100 chapters translated as well. Put it in my reading list for now~

5. Voromir

Voromir Chaotic Evil Kobold Fig 4/Rog 16/Sorc 6 (DND 3.5)

Reading List:
    Link
    It rocks!! please pick it up!

Acidburnsage likes this.
  6. Liyus

Liyus Laksha's Desu~ Cat

Reading List:
    Link
    Doesn't the raw site state "This work is unpublished." ? doesn't that means it's removed?

7. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    The MTL I get of it is that its not public. This may mean that its pay to read? Of course, if it is removed, it may have just moved to another site. I'm honestly not sure. Its why I left the note asking for a better link.

8. Wiger98

Wiger98 Custom title

Reading List:
    Link
    Well i'd still wait till the 11th (cause following NUF rule of 3 months inactivity since last update before considering it drop)
    before someone should pick it up just cause community rule?

9. NIlsy

NIlsy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Does munpia stop selling novels?
    What would be a reason to ever stop selling a e-version of a finished novel its not like papper backs when they go out of print.

10. kfahad

kfahad 『The Lurker Beast』『Beast fallen』

Reading List:
    Link
    That tag dense male lead is holding me, I don't want to read.hehe

11. tsundere_taichou

tsundere_taichou [Cute Demon Sect]

Reading List:
    Link
    its done in a pretty decent way

12. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    There's been exactly one release in the last 3 months and the last release before that was almost 2 months prior, this in spite of the fact that its normal release speed was originally multiple times a week (sometimes daily). Combine that with the fact that its not even listed as a current project, and I think its safe to say that the series is dropped.
    I'm not sure why it would have that tag. Yeah, he's not the most perceptive romantically, but I'm pretty sure that's intentional. In the "I have more important things to think about than romance right now" kind of way. Though, its been months since I read it, so its certainly possible that I'm forgetting something.

Wiger98 likes this.
  13. shuiko

shuiko Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    God i love this story, I hope someone does pick it up and translate tons of content.

Acidburnsage likes this.
  14. Pandamonic

Pandamonic [The Great Swimming Panda]

Reading List:
    Link
    Its not like JP mc please dont even think of comparing them. Itsjust the mc doesnt confirm it or doesnt want to.

15. warisub

warisub Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, this novel is awesome, someone please pick this up

16. J053luis

J053luis Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i read this during the summer its was pretty good if it gets picked up again i will have to remember the chapter i left it on

17. Wiger98

Wiger98 Custom title

Reading List:
    Link
    well ok then

18. ApprenticeOfGames

ApprenticeOfGames That sneaky lil sucker who pickpocketed you

Reading List:
    Link
    Been holding back on reading this for a while due to its dropped status, really hope it gets picked up by a quality translator soonish.

19. zmikez

zmikez Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I second this, someone should definitely pick this up.

whenever authors drop a story and pick up a new one I get extremely leery about picking up other novels they are translating, I mean whats the point of reading 100 chapters, getting really into a novel, then watching it get dropped. For some particularly good novels I've even donated (helped sponsor) to the translators for a (hopefully faster) release.

Side note and completely off topic- ughhhh why are my favorite novels only accepting paypal?

20. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Its a conspiracy between the translators and paypal. Obviously. ;)

Commentator likes this.