Comments on Profile Post by Asf

1. Estarossa
    Estarossa
    I heard Australia ain't really open to any type of immigrant, I could've heard wrong
    Jan 9, 2016
    Asf likes this.
  2. Asf
    Asf
    Really?!! Im kinda worried about my sis.. =0
    Sorry i dont know how to tag yet.. thnx for the replies est!!
    Jan 9, 2016
  3. Stealth
    Jan 9, 2016
    CDLevit and Asf like this.
  4. Asf
    Asf
    Thnx for the tag stealth. It helps =)
    Jan 9, 2016
  5. kraken296
    kraken296
    you just put @ and write the person's name you want to tag
    Jan 9, 2016
    Asf likes this.
  6. Asf
    Asf
    Roger kraken! Thnx for teaching. =)
    Jan 9, 2016
  7. Asf
    Jan 9, 2016
  8. Aicila
    Aicila
    The degree is in english language? What kind of job is she looking for?
    Jan 9, 2016
  9. Asf
    Asf
    Emm... maybe phone operator.. shes indonesian, she heard that there are many indon there..
    Jan 9, 2016
  10. Aicila
    Aicila
    like a call centre? It also really depends where in australia you want to go, and what kind of living conditions you want. Buy/Rent, shared?
    Jan 9, 2016
    Asf likes this.
  11. Asf
    Asf
    My mom said she'll search a shared rent. And its melbourne
    Jan 9, 2016
  12. Asf
    Asf
    Shes moving in in 3 months after her friends wedding..
    Jan 9, 2016
  13. prongsjiisan
    prongsjiisan
    Well if it's job calling from there. You shouldn't worries. And I assume melbourne is decent city where people doesn't care about where you came from.
    Jan 9, 2016
    Asf likes this.
  14. Asf
    Asf
    But its not a job calling.. she says she search for it when she get there...
    Jan 9, 2016
  15. Aicila
    Aicila
    i'm not too sure about the job opportunities in melbourne but I think they must be alright because a lot of people are moving there. Cost of living in melbourne though is quite expensive. It's not sydney expensive but it's not too far off. melbourne is a nice place though, the weather is fairly shit though :P
    Jan 9, 2016
    prongsjiisan and Asf like this.
  16. Aicila
    Aicila
    I don't think there would be many problems with sorting a place out. I wouldn't worry about what estarossa said either, there is massive immigrant communities in melbourne.
    Jan 9, 2016
    prongsjiisan and Asf like this.
  17. prongsjiisan
    prongsjiisan
    Worry not if your sister has a decent english and some skill. I think she will get a job. Sometimes getting job is not about your race but about your skill.
    Jan 9, 2016
    Asf likes this.
  18. Asf
    Asf
    Thank you... =)
    Im worried because its a bit of a gamble.. and shes alone out there.. I can only hope everything goes well.. with her jobhunt..
    Jan 9, 2016
  19. Aicila
    Aicila
    the only thing i would be worried about is money. Australia is expensive. Really expensive. She should have enough money to stay afloat for a bit while she looks around for a job. If she comes over with nothing it can get a bit hard because money dries up really quickly when you don't have any coming in, especially somewhere like Australia where the costs of living are high.
    Jan 9, 2016
    Asf likes this.
  20. Aicila
    Aicila
    If you can find something straight away, no problem. But it doesn't work for everyone.
    Jan 9, 2016
    Asf likes this.
  21. Asf
    Asf
    But wouldnt a part time job suffice for the moment when she havent get her wanted job yet. Searching.for part time job shouldnt be hard right?
    Jan 9, 2016
  22. Asf
    Asf
    For a while though she would relly on our parents savings after she arrives there..
    Jan 9, 2016
  23. Aicila
    Aicila
    of course it can suffice, but you still need a little while to get into it. Look at cost of living prices in Melbourne. It's expensive. You said from Indonesia, where the cost of living isn't as expensive, it might be surprising actually how expensive things are. Especially rent.
    Jan 9, 2016
    Asf likes this.
  24. Aicila
    Aicila
    at the end of the day, she should be fine. I don't think there's too much to worry about and if she is reasonably smart there shouldnt be any issues.
    Jan 9, 2016
    Asf likes this.
  25. Asf
    Asf
    Kay.. .um.. Ive checked on the thread about 500k$ spend where theres some hint about expenses.. gotta say, its gonna be hard for a while huh..
    Jan 9, 2016
    Aicila likes this.
  26. Asf
    Asf
    Thnx for the information alicia. It really helped take some weights off. =) .maybe I can relly on you for info sometimes. *kidding*
    Jan 9, 2016
  27. Aicila
    Aicila
    australia is expensive :P
    Jan 9, 2016
    Asf likes this.
  28. Asf
    Asf
    Uhhhh.... *shakes head*
    Jan 9, 2016
  29. Aicila
    Aicila
    yeah sure. I'm from australia but i live in europe. flying back on thursday. Im in australia right now though. Ask whatever you want. Maybe I can answer, maybe I cant :P
    Jan 9, 2016
    Asf likes this.