Birthday:
Jul 15, 2007 (Age: 16)

Jastolus

[Anti-Nihilist] [Captain], Male, 16, from Germany

Jastolus was last seen:
Oct 15, 2020
    1. Lazriser
      Lazriser
      The more I look into the Medieval Kabbalah and preferrably the Lurianic Kabbalah, I begin to slowly unravel the mysteries and hidden truths of Creation, the instrumentality of Man, and the structure of the World.
    2. Deleted member 41274
      Deleted member 41274
      Wilkommen in nuf...
      1. SoulZer0
        SoulZer0
        Welcome to NUF.
        Feb 12, 2017
    3. AMissingLinguist
      AMissingLinguist
      Hilarious signature there about the response to a mean comment! XD
      1. Deleted member 41274
        Feb 12, 2017
    4. Matsurika
      Matsurika
      welcome to NUF~
      1. AMissingLinguist and akki like this.
      2. akki
        akki
        I almost misread this as jealous somehow lol

Welcome to the NU book club~ (^-^*)ノ
        Sep 16, 2016
        AMissingLinguist and Matsurika like this.
      3. Ophious
        Ophious
        Welcome to NUF
        Sep 16, 2016
        AMissingLinguist likes this.
  • About

Birthday:
    Jul 15, 2007 (Age: 16)

Signature

Here is a collection of quotes I have amassed over the last few month
    'They tried to bury me, but they didn’t know I was a landmine.'
    -Unsong, Dylan Alvarez
    'He was a lion of a man, and I was a lion too, except with several diseases and with a broken leg.'
    -?
    'The perceived badassery of any given action will increase tenfold if the action is performed while on fire.'
    -Tvtropes
    'Diplomacy is the art of selling a deal you don’t want to people you don’t trust for reasons you won’t admit to.'
    -?
    'I would be able to kill you to death until you are very corpse.'
    -Socrates
    'I have always been willing to put myself and others at great personal risk for the sake of entertainment.'
    -George Carlin
    'Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to change it every six months'
    'I don’t want to go to heaven. None of my friends are there.'
    'Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much'
    'I can resist everything except temptation'
    'I am so clever that sometimes I don’t understand a single word of what I’m saying'
    -Oscar Wilde
    'Don’t worry, I will do my best to be extremely unhelpful and annoying in every imaginable way.'
    -?
    'I thought this was fantasy. Get that Sci-fi crap out of here, it’s ruining my experience.'
    -?

'You don't want to let a guy like him down, or you'll get one of these: the Cold Shoulder, the Frenzied Eyebrow, the Grimace of Doom, the Sneer of Despair, the Crippling Wince of Guilt, the Scowl of Impending Wrath, and worst of all, the Nostril Flare of Total Rejection!'
    -?
    Unlike my colleagues, I have a tendency to stay alive. Since this morning, I've been bitten, shot, bombed, electrocuted, almost, drowned almost fallen to my death, and strangled. Rasputin wasn't so lucky! But, here I am, exposing myself to radiation. Why not? Let's add that to the list. Maybe I can get burned, stabbed, and poisoned before the day is done.
    -Freeman's Mind
    'I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. Quickly now, before they are out of range.'
    -?
    'When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN!'
    -Portal 2, Cave Johnson
    'Even if I become the last one standing, I won't go down without a fight.
    And if I am the last of my kind, then I'll just have to bring you all back to life.'
    -?
    'WHAT IS THE CORRECT LEVEL OF INJUSTICE AT WHICH TO DECLARE YOURSELF IN REBELLION AGAINST THE POWERS METING OUT JUDGMENT IN THE UNIVERSE?'
    -Unsong, Uriel
    'A single good man is equivalent to a multitude of good men.
    Because he can convince others, set up incentives, build institutions, drag the rest of the world kicking and screaming.'
    -Unsong, The Comet King
    'Kaladin: I'm putting it all on the long bet. If I die, then they'll come out, shake their heads, and tell themselves they knew it would happen. But if I live, they'll remember it. And it will give them hope. They might see it as a miracle.
    Syl: Do you want to be a miracle?
    Kaladin: No. But for them, I will be.'
    -The Stormlight Archive
    'Without the absolute, the relative can degenerate into pity and sentimentality, whereas the absolute without the relative can lead to nihilism and lack of desire to engage other sentient beings for their benefit.'
    -Buddhism
    'And how can man die better
    Than facing fearful odds,
    For the ashes of his fathers,
    And the temples of his Gods.'
    -Lays of Ancient Rome
    'Genocide is a good way to kill people, but not a good way to damn them. Desperation brings out the best in people. Starve people to death, and some of them will give their last crust of bread to a stranger. Torture them, and they’ll bear all sorts of horrors to protect people they love. Kill them, and they’ll die with prayers on their lips.Give a man a crisis, and the best in him will rise up in a sudden glory.'
    -Unsong
    'The tyrant dies, his rule ends. The martyr dies, and his rule begins.'
    -?
    'Better early to your grave than late to your own humanity.'
    -?
    'Be kind, for everyone you meet fights a battle you know nothing about.'
    -?
    'I stayed outside under the stars and moon, ate in the wilderness, drank the cold wind and swallowed the sand.'
    -Our second Master
    'Some men see things as they are and ask why. I see things that never were and ask why not.'
    -?
    'Those who reach across lines to assist the 'enemy' freed themselves from nationalist abstractions that dehumanized others. They were vaccinated against the cult of death that dominates societies in wartime. They reduced their moral universe to caring for another human being. And in this they were able to reject the messianic pretensions that come with the nationalist agenda. By accepting that they could only affect a few lives they also accepted their small place in the universe. This daily lesson in humility protected them. They were saved not by what they could accomplish but by faith. Such people are, however, very rare.'
    -?
    'I knew the people who worked for me...When you know people, you have to behave toward them like human beings.'
    -Oscar Schindler
    'The whole world will vilify us now, but I am still totally convinced that we did the right thing. Hitler is the archenemy not only of Germany but of the world. When, in few hours' time, I go before God to account for what I have done and left undone, I know I will be able to justify what I did in the struggle against Hitler.'
    -Major General Herrmann Karl Robert Henning von Tresckow
    '...I may not have what it takes to last for long, but that's okay. Because at least I can say when the world goes to shit, I didn't let it take me down with it.'
    -The Walking Dead, Dale Horvath
    'He didn't die of old age, either. He was poisoned, stabbed, shot, hung, stretched, disemboweled, drawn, and quartered. [...] There was a prophecy. Just before his head died, his last words were "Death is but a door. Time is but a window. I'll be back.'
    -About Rasputin
    'Everyone who has ever built anywhere a new heaven first found the power thereto in his own hell.'
    -?
    'The strong fear the unreasonable, the unreasonable fear the crazy, and the crazy fear the suicidal.'
    -?
    'Welcome to the other world. Here’s your cheat and your emotionally dependent slave, have a nice day.'
    -ATF
    'I think he is dead here. Dead, but not quite gone. Maybe his shade could not be restrained in hell. Maybe he was always more than only human. Maybe his illumination, secret knowledge, and powers are such that his personality and ability to affect the world persist even after death.'
    -Unsong; about the Comet King
    'I feel like Tenka hangs around with Simoon and co just so he can make dramatic entrances and slash things.'
    -S.I.D. (Manhwa)
    'The despairs are painted the wrong color! Off with his head!'
    -Absolute Choice; one of the first chapters
    'Hmmm... probably the reason people can fly: Since the planet is the size of jupiter - the gravity must be enormous! So like Kryptonians, people of those world probably have an anti-gravity organ (?) in their system -just to avoid being crushed. Maybe stronger people strengthen their bodies thru pills/ steroids - making their anti-gravity thingy stronger and enabling flight.'
    -NUF
    'Are you done or are you finished?'
    -NUF
    'This Video is so British it colonized my computer.'
    -?
    'All aboard the NOPE Train. The only train that runs exclusively on nightmare fuel.'
    -?
    'The basis of cultivation fiction is a meeting between two over-confident jerks. The slightly bigger jerk who acts first is the villain. The one who is forced to endure for a short while before receiving a power up is the hero.'
    -?
    'Good, now, tear his head from his body and use it as a wine glass.'
    -?
    'Oh you know, its just the usual. mutated octopuses in the basement, playing a roleplay game.'
    -The Crawling City
    'Reading this is like having an orgasm extended over the course of thirty minutes…'
    -Ze Tian Je
    '*The enemy equips his superarmor* Hansoo: "Oh, more loot!"'
    -Reincarnator
    'Rock, Paper, Scissors, Hand Grenade.'
    -?
    'Have faith in lord Fifth, don't gain eternal life. When lord Fifth appears, whoever dares to cause strife will be rape-killed in ways most horrifying.'
    -?
    What’s this you’ve said to me, my good friend? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in conflict resolution, and I’ve been involved in numerous friendly discussions, and I have over 300 confirmed friends. I am trained in polite discussions and I’m the top mediator in the entire neighborhood. You are worth more to me than just another target. I hope we will come to have a friendship never before seen on this Earth. Don’t you think you might be hurting someone’s feelings saying that over the internet? Think about it, my friend. As we speak I am contacting my good friends across the USA and your P.O. box is being traced right now so you better prepare for the greeting cards, friend. The greeting cards that help you with your hate. You should look forward to it, friend. I can be anywhere, anytime for you, and I can calm you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my chess set. Not only am I extensively trained in conflict resolution, but I have access to the entire group of my friends and I will use them to their full extent to start our new friendship. If only you could have known what kindness and love your little comment was about to bring you, maybe you would have reached out sooner. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now we get to start a new friendship, you unique person. I will give you gifts and you might have a hard time keeping up. You’re finally living, friend.
    These are all from The 'Quotes' section on Tvtropes. I tried to sign which trope they belong to.
    'There is no justice in the laws of nature, no term for fairness in the equations of motion.
    The Universe is neither evil, nor good, it simply does not care. The stars don't care, or the Sun, or the sky.
    But they don't have to! We care! There is light in the world, and it is us!#
    -?
    'I am alone. I look at the heavens and think them empty. And if not empty, I find the idea of worshiping whatever dwells there obscene. It doesn't change what is right. If there is nothing in this world but what we make, brothers...let us make good.'
    -?
    'At some point, everything's gonna go south on you...everything's going to go south and you're going to say, this is it. This is how I end. Now you can either accept that, or you can get to work. That's all it is. You just begin. You do the math. You solve one problem...and you solve the next one...and then the next. And If you solve enough problems, you get to come home. All right, questions?'
    -The Martian
    'Life is a storm. One minute you will bathe under the sun and the next you will be shattered upon the rocks. That's when you shout, "Do your worst, for I will do mine' and you will be remembered forever.'
    -?
    'Once, on ancient Earth, there was a human boy walking along a beach. There had just been a storm, and starfish had been scattered along the sands. The boy knew the fish would die, so he began to fling the fish to the sea. But every time he threw a starfish, another would wash ashore. An old Earth man happened along and saw what the child was doing. He called out, 'Boy, what are you doing?' 'Saving the starfish!' replied the boy. 'But your attempts are useless, child! Every time you save one, another one returns, often the same one! You can't save them all, so why bother trying? Why does it matter, anyway?' called the old man. The boy thought about this for a while, a starfish in his hand; he answered, 'Well, it matters to this one.' And then he flung the starfish into the welcoming sea.'
    -The Star Thrower
    'We are here to drink beer. We are here to kill war. We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.'
    -Charles Bukowski
    'If we affirm one moment, we thus affirm not only ourselves but all existence. For nothing is self-sufficient, neither in us ourselves nor in things; and if our soul has trembled with happiness and sounded like a harp string just once, all eternity was needed to produce this one event—and in this single moment of affirmation all eternity was called good, redeemed, justified, and affirmed.'
    -Friedrich Nietzsche
    'Understood man's capacity for horrors, and never quit. Saw the world's black underbelly, and never surrendered. Once a man has seen, he can never turn his back on it, Never pretend it doesn't exist. No matter who orders him to look the other way. We do not do this thing because it is permitted. We do it because we have to. We do it because we are compelled'
    -Watchmen, Rorschach
    Do not be deceived, Wormwood. [Satan's] cause is never more in danger, than when a human, no longer desiring, but intending, to do our Enemy [God]'s will, looks round upon a universe from which every trace of Him seems to have vanished, and asks why he has been forsaken, and still obeys.
    -The Demon Screwtape
    And then one day you're on patrol, fighting in a war you've forgotten the reasons for, on a side that you can't say for sure is better than any other, and you come to a town. Someone's been there first. The men are dead. The children are crying. The women have been taken. And you remember who the hell you are, and you ride out and kick ass and bring those kids' mothers back to them.
    -?
    'I would fight to make that bright and innocent past our future once again. Even if it means dashing myself against the evil and cruelty of this wasteland until there is nothing left of me. And then, when I am too broken to go on, I will float my dying body right down the throat of the darkness and make it choke on me.'
    -?
    'The War. The humans, I think, knew they were doomed. But where another race would surrender to despair, the humans fought back with even greater strength. They made the Minbari fight for every inch of space. In my life, I have never seen anything like it; they would weep, they would pray, they would say goodbye to their loved ones, and then throw themselves - without fear or hesitation - at the very face of death itself, never surrendering. No one who saw them fighting against the inevitable could help but be moved to tears by their courage. Their stubborn nobility. When they ran out of ships, they used guns. When they ran out of guns, they used knives and sticks and bare hands. They were magnificent. I only hope that when it is my time, I may die with half as much dignity as I saw in their eyes in the end. They did this for two years; they never ran out of courage. But, in the end, they ran out of time.'
    -Babylon 6
    ?
    'The evil gods were just too strong. The good god suffered much pain, and was cast down again and again. It was covered in wounds, and drenched in blood, yet the good god never gave up. Again and again it rose to its feet. Again and again it forced back its tears, clenched its teeth, and with sword in hand did battle with the evil gods. As the evil gods looked upon the good god, they began to feel fear. Its suffering should be unbearable. It should be crying out in terrible pain. So how..... How does it keep standing
    -?
    If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew
    To serve your turn long after they are gone,
    And so hold on when there is nothing in you
    Except the Will which says to them: "Hold on"
    -?
    'My body is weak, and it may break, but not today.'
    -?
    'If you're going through hell, keep going.'
    -?
    'Most people don’t think I’m rational. They’re too busy featuring their hurt. They find it irrational not to feature your hurt. That’s how fucked up they are.'
    -Zappa(?)
    'Just as bad artists imitate the superficial style of a better artist but miss the fundamentals, bad writers do the same. As a result, we seem to have ended up with an unspoken assumption among many writers and readers that downbeat and grim equals intelligent and somewhat deep. It doesn't. But merely adopting that style gives a book the impression of a depth it simply doesn't have. It's a bit like teenagers wearing black.'
    -?
    'The trouble is that we have a bad habit, encouraged by pedants and sophisticates, of considering happiness as something rather stupid. Only pain is intellectual, only evil interesting. This is the treason of the artist: a refusal to admit the banality of evil and the terrible boredom of pain'
    -?

'We do not know what our chances of survival are, so we fight as if they were zero. We do not know what we are facing, so we fight as if it was the dark gods themselves. No one will remember us now and we may never be buried beneath Titan, so we will build our own memorial here. The Chapter might lose us and the Imperium might never know we existed, but the Enemy - the Enemy will know. The Enemy will remember. We will hurt it so badly that it will never forget us until the stars burn out and the Emperor vanquishes it at the end of time. When Chaos is dying, its last thought will be of us. That is our memorial -carved into the heart of Chaos. We cannot lose, Grey Knights. We have already won.'
    - Last Stand
    Vhailor: When the injustice is great enough, justice will lend me the strength needed to correct it. None may stand against it. It will shatter every barrier, sunder any shield, tear through any enchantment, and lend its servant the power to pass sentence. Know this: There is nothing on all the Planes that can stay the hand of justice when it is brought against them. It may unmake armies. It may sunder the thrones of gods. Know that for all who betray justice, I am their fate. And fate carries an executioner's axe.
    The Nameless One: I see.
    Vhailor: No. You do not see. Pray that you never will.
    -?
    'All these years I thought it was power that brought responsibility. It's not. I was wrong. It's responsibility that brings power. It's knowing what needs to be done that brings strength. And courage.'
    -Peter Parker; The Fettered?
    'I won't kill you, but I can stop your blade. And I'll keep doing it, over and over... until we understand each other.'
    -Badass Pacifist
    If you lack faith in humanity, I recommend investing some time into reading This.