Comments on Profile Post by jkmessah

1. SoulZer0
    SoulZer0
    Me too
    Feb 12, 2017
  2. CDLevit
    CDLevit
    what do you prefer nowadays, you avatarless person?
    Feb 12, 2017
  3. jkmessah
    jkmessah
    @CDLevit I'm avatarless??? What?! My Sephiroth isn't showing?!

Anyways, I stopped looking for JP novels (exactly why I found NU in the first place), went to read xianxia, then female protags to preferring a bit more wuxia ish stories. I'm a lot pickier nowadays too!
    Feb 12, 2017
    CDLevit likes this.
  4. CDLevit
    CDLevit
    I don't know. I have to click on your avatar for me to be able to see it. Maybe it's a problem at me.
    Feb 12, 2017
  5. CDLevit
    CDLevit
    What do you read nowdays?
    Feb 12, 2017
  6. jkmessah
    jkmessah
    The one I look forward to the most at the moment wild be grandmaster strategist. Second would be both gate of revelation and WoC. I haven't really started anything new. I still keep up with genius doctor, chu Wang fei and a few other female protags. I've actually dropped a lot. Transmigration is iffy. Can be done well, easier to butcher.
    Feb 12, 2017
    CDLevit likes this.
  7. CDLevit
    CDLevit
    Hm. How's gate of revelation?

About Grandmaster strategist, can you ignore that.. foreshadow/spoiler before the chapter actually begin?
    Feb 12, 2017
  8. jkmessah
    jkmessah
    Gate of revelation was a big jump in genre for me, but I was surprisingly hooked on the premise and world building. The characters are interesting enough (minus a few... I wrote a whole review on it! ) that keeps me going because I really want to know how the MC would achieve his goals.
    Feb 12, 2017
    CDLevit likes this.
  9. jkmessah
    jkmessah
    The prologue you mean? Oh yeah, knowing all that doesn't distract from the story or ruin it for me. You don't even know who the characters are yet and it's only snippets of the future. As you read through more and more, you can go back to the prologue and go, OOOOOH.You kind of know the ending (a rough idea), but this novel is all about the journey.
    Feb 12, 2017
    CDLevit likes this.
  10. jkmessah
    jkmessah
    Even knowing that certain things can or can't happen doesn't make the cliff any less tense. We are fortunate to have such an active translator (in translating and in the forums) and editor that helps us, the readers, stay motivated!
    Feb 12, 2017
    CDLevit likes this.
  11. ABMAINA
    ABMAINA
    Developing standards towards novels is a sad thing... I remember novels being a boundless universe with all sorts of things to read when i first started... nowadays me being too picky makes it hard for me to enjoy alot of novels
    Feb 13, 2017
    jkmessah and CDLevit like this.
  12. ABMAINA
    ABMAINA
    @CDLevit also if you're talking about the block of text at the start of the chapters its not really a spoiler more of a mini summary of the chapter (since its at the top in big, blue, italic text its quite avoidable really)
    Feb 13, 2017
    jkmessah and CDLevit like this.
  13. CDLevit
    CDLevit
    ... I have this habit to search for all type of texts related to the main idea- novel/news article and so on - if they are in the same area/page.
    Feb 13, 2017
    jkmessah likes this.