Comments on Profile Post by Astaroth

1. Ananse
    Ananse
    To this day, it still baffles me how Chen Dong is considered one of those 12 olympians of chinese web novels.
    Apr 13, 2017
  2. strixflash
    strixflash
    I love the story so far. I didn't find any annoying moments. And Chen Dong is my favorite author. I didn't read Perfect World that ahead (I didn't mind the parents' backstory) but I love "Shrouding the Heavens". He's great when it comes to world building and mysteries. No one write Xuanhuan series better than him.
    Apr 13, 2017
  3. Ananse
    Ananse
    The world building aspect of his stories that I've read (World of Immortals, Perfect World) feel so archaic (?) that I can't help but love it...my problem with his works come from the characters and situations he usually places the MC's in.
    Apr 13, 2017
    strixflash and Astaroth like this.
  4. strixflash
    strixflash
    I don't know about World of Immortals but the protagonist of Shrouding the Heavens is well written. And so is Sacred Ruins' protagonist. Some situations sure are annoying but I never hated the plot or protagonist. Something rare I guess as other stories have either bad plot or bad protagonist.
    Apr 13, 2017
    Ananse and Astaroth like this.
  5. Astaroth
    Astaroth
    And everything is incredibly drawn out. That S&M crap never stop in Shen Mu all the way to vol 3. And World of Immortals first 30 chapters is back and forth fighting over nonsense and right as it should end someone new shows up and turn the tables for an infinite "This isn't even my final form." moments.
    Apr 13, 2017
    Ananse likes this.
  6. Astaroth
    Astaroth
    Not to mention that both sides take turns being rescued by the same stupid unicorn... (World of Immortals did get way better after those 30 chapters though, still annoying & frustrating at times, but better.)

But yup, like @Ananse said, the settings are nice. I really liked Shen Mu's combined continents actually.
    Apr 13, 2017
    strixflash and Ananse like this.
  7. Ananse
    Ananse
    World of Immortals did get better after the first arc or so, my only real pet peeve about the novel right now is how every female gets 2 pargraphs dedicated to how "peerlessly beautiful" she is, everytime she appears.
    Apr 13, 2017
    strixflash likes this.