Comments on Profile Post by platys51

1. platys51
    platys51
    By now, we could explore stars or depths of our minds, but because of set of rules we made, we just sit here, shitposting on internet forums.
    Jun 7, 2017
    Hotato likes this.
  2. SoulZer0
    SoulZer0
    I've never read something more stupid than this.
    Jun 10, 2017
  3. platys51
    platys51
    Really? I did.
    Jun 10, 2017
  4. platys51
    platys51
    >_>
    Have you ever struggled with your inner self?
    Jun 10, 2017
  5. SoulZer0
    SoulZer0
    Nice try but my question was a legit one. Unlike yours, which is something completely absurd to think about. Morals are what make human achieve what they have achieved.
    Jun 10, 2017
  6. platys51
    platys51
    Says the guy that knows nothing about psychology and space travel.
    Read something about why we can't do certain experiments in those fields, then argue.
    Jun 10, 2017
  7. SoulZer0
    SoulZer0
    Know nothing? Lol, just because we can't do experiment on human doesn't mean you can't go to space. There has been various advancement made by humans in this field. Plus, doing experiment on human does more harm than good, it has been proven times to times in history. It will slow down the progress instead. In case you don't know, crossbreed between human and animal ban has been lifted.
    Jun 10, 2017
  8. SoulZer0
    SoulZer0
    Kids nowadays, watched one YouTube video and think they know everything.
    Jun 10, 2017
  9. platys51
    platys51
    You can't do an experiment on a human without him knowing what exactly are you researching. This debilitates psychology as that knowledge affects results of every experiment you make. As for space, there are nowadays some, who threw notions of safety and returning home away, so there is a hope in that field, but still, we could be on Mars already if we did it since the beginning.
    Jun 10, 2017
  10. platys51
    platys51
    >_>
    I did study psychology.
    Only 2 semesters, but I have basic knowledge.
    Jun 10, 2017
  11. SoulZer0
    SoulZer0
    Yeah, the test subject must know what are they subjected to, however when there negative symptoms shown, it should be stopped immediately like the recent research on men. Secondly, your claim about space should be supported by evidence rather than assumption. Scientists have been sending animals till this day.
    Jun 10, 2017
  12. platys51
    platys51
    Animals are not humans.
    They work differently and we don't need them up there.
    What I meant by space exploration was things like visiting Mars.
    You don't send chimp there.
    Also, you need to tell your subjects exactly what are you trying to find, not what will they be subjected to. If only that was true, there would not be a problem. Telling them the purpose of study is what creates the problem.
    Jun 10, 2017
  13. SoulZer0
    SoulZer0
    You see, the gravitational force, the surface of the planet and the atmosphere are different from Earth and if an animal can't survive. So is human so what's the point sending someone to their pointless death? Until they can create a suit that lets human to actually adapt so that they can conduct experiment on Mars, they'll be sending robots because they'll do better job.
    Jun 10, 2017
  14. platys51
    platys51
    No animals were ever sent outside Earths orbit.
    We know very well how harsh conditions out there are and we can make humans survive there. It's just costly. Much more so if you want to return humans back. Hence morals keeping us back. Without return trip, we could send humans there much earlier.
    Jun 10, 2017
  15. SoulZer0
    SoulZer0
    Nope, sending someone to their death will never contribute to anything. You're stupid for saying that because what are you saying is basically "do the same thing again and again, it'll work somehow". Humans' lives aren't your fucking toy. Wasting someone life to study a fraction of infinite is simply dumb because not doing so will eventually lead to the same.
    Jun 10, 2017
  16. SoulZer0
    SoulZer0
    If you believe as such, try volunteering. Because you're all bark but no bite.
    Jun 10, 2017
  17. platys51
    platys51
    Jun 10, 2017
  18. platys51
    platys51
    Just first thing google search threw at me.
    Main point: No one would send anyone to his death.
    They would stay there.
    Jun 10, 2017
  19. SoulZer0
    SoulZer0
    Jun 10, 2017
  20. SoulZer0
    SoulZer0
    Jun 10, 2017
  21. SoulZer0
  22. SoulZer0
  23. platys51
    platys51
    It is not only agency trying to go there.
    As I said, first google result.
    It was an example.
    Jun 10, 2017
  24. SoulZer0
    SoulZer0
    Experts said they would require 1 trillion dollars to actually get to Mars but they only need 10 millions dollars? Scam much?
    Jun 10, 2017
  25. SoulZer0
    SoulZer0
    Of course they aren't. There are actual professionals working on this. Don't trust some random bs.
    Jun 10, 2017
  26. platys51
    platys51
    Elon Musk Mars
    Google that.
    Jun 10, 2017
  27. SoulZer0
    SoulZer0
    They don't go around sending people to Mars because they know what are they doing. So your point of "morals blablabla" is completely irrelevant.
    Jun 10, 2017
  28. SoulZer0
    SoulZer0
    I know who that guy is. So what with him?
    Jun 10, 2017
  29. platys51
    platys51
    There are more people, what I told you is: Sending people there and back is stupid.
    If someone wants there, they should be prepared to stay there.
    Jun 10, 2017
  30. SoulZer0
    SoulZer0
    I think you don't understand something. The approach they're making is not against any moral. Sending people to Mars isn't immoral and staying there isn't immoral too. Your entire status is bullshit. You relate terraform with moral, what is wrong with you?
    Jun 10, 2017