udonsage and Pyoo like this.
  3. Way
    Way
    Reporting for duty o7
    Jul 1, 2017
    udonsage likes this.
  4. SpearOfLies
    SpearOfLies
    If you need help for balancing, I'm here. And I still need to work ob my own community game..
    Jul 1, 2017
    udonsage likes this.
  5. Pyoo
    Jul 2, 2017
    udonsage likes this.
  6. Carm
    Carm
    Oh yeah, we forgot about the most crucial one.
    @Lady Luck
    Jul 2, 2017
  7. A5G_Reaper
    A5G_Reaper
    Suuuure, I can help. But it sounds like so much work for GM to manage every single battle.
    Jul 2, 2017
    udonsage likes this.
  8. Pyoo
    Jul 2, 2017
    A5G_Reaper likes this.
  9. udonsage
    udonsage
    It seems like there is a few number of people interested in the game which makes me happy. *Ahem* My current needs is people to look through the game and see if it looks fun enough to release it as part of a beta.
    Jul 2, 2017
  10. udonsage
    udonsage
    In this beta I hope to have about 6-7 players then open to the rest of the forum. So, if anyone wants to help run the game is also great too. I have some thoughts already about automatically certain parts of the process.
    Jul 2, 2017
  11. AliceShiki
    AliceShiki
    Main problem seems to be the same that Dungeons had... Overload of work on the GM's head.

I don't see it as something viable.
    Jul 6, 2017
    GamingIce and udonsage like this.
  12. A5G_Reaper
    A5G_Reaper
    Late brasca is late.
    Jul 6, 2017
    udonsage likes this.
  13. udonsage
    udonsage
    @brasca123 I think it will be fine for me. I am a programmer; So, keeping track of players inventory, character stats, monster stats, and other things of like should be pretty simple by creating a program. In fact I created a mobile app for AG to create quests and view quests.
    Jul 6, 2017
    Pyoo likes this.
  14. AliceShiki
    AliceShiki
    I had 4800 alerts to go through... >.>

@udonsage the problem isn't keeping track of them, that much is fine.

The problem is replying to all of them. The game becomes too reliant on you.
    Jul 6, 2017
  15. Pyoo
    Pyoo
    Haha knew it, u just opened it huh~
    Jul 6, 2017
  16. Pyoo
    Pyoo
    You made an app for AG!? +_+ KEWL
    Jul 6, 2017
  17. AliceShiki
    AliceShiki
    Only 20/161 pages!
    Jul 6, 2017
  18. Pyoo
    Pyoo
    *cheers on*
    I think I'll need to look at 5k at the end of july~~
    Jul 6, 2017
  19. AliceShiki
    AliceShiki
    Ganbatte Pyoo-chan! >.<

Oh, and a part of the last post is missing because I'm sleepy...

It was supposed to be 20/161 pages left! I already went through most of them!
    Jul 6, 2017
    Pyoo likes this.
  20. AliceShiki
    AliceShiki
    *hugs Pyoo-chan*
    Jul 6, 2017
  21. udonsage
    udonsage
    @brasca123 oh, I see you what you mean. However, I think that problem could easily be solved by the current system I have thought up which is the activity system. The activity system is where a person can do at least 3 activities a day. If they are going to be doing a dungeon run then it will take up 2 activities.
    Jul 6, 2017
  22. Pyoo
    Pyoo
    Go shleep *hug*
    Jul 6, 2017
  23. Pyoo
    Pyoo
    ..? Does dungeon runs finish in one day? What other activities can they do?
    Jul 6, 2017
  24. Pyoo
    Pyoo
    I don't think limiting it to running a dungeon + 1 other thing helps cause thts also our workload from before
    (Well handling complaints make up a huge part. Also, trying to catch cheaters)
    Jul 6, 2017
  25. udonsage
    udonsage
    @Pyoo aren't you in the conversation?
    Jul 6, 2017
  26. AliceShiki
    AliceShiki
    It's still 8:30pm! I need to finish going through my alerts before sleeping!

Reading an AG report and the spam post will stay for tomorrow though... >.>

@udonsage Never underestimate the amount of players you may get...
    Jul 6, 2017
  27. Pyoo
    Pyoo
    Can't u give the dungeoneers options, they choose, the story progresses by bot, kinda system?
    Jul 6, 2017
  28. Pyoo
    Pyoo
    I don't wanna read long texts.
    I don't even know wht im there +_+
    Jul 6, 2017
  29. Pyoo
    Pyoo
    I keep thinking of the AG app. Itll be cool if it has a toc for each chara complete with bookmarks n a dictionary system tht gives definition of words when clicked
    Jul 6, 2017
  30. Pyoo
    Pyoo
    Jul 6, 2017
  31. udonsage
    udonsage
    @Pyoo well if my bot doesn't turn out well or if @Tony doesn't allow people to create bots then it will be the following: A GM(Game manager) will be given a program that allows them to simulate a dungeon run. (note people can join parties of up to 4 for a dungeon run).
    Jul 6, 2017
  32. udonsage
    udonsage
    The player will state what action they want to do by issuing a command such as !Attack. Then you copy that code into the battle simulator. Of course the player stats will load for you in the program as well as the monster stats.
    Jul 6, 2017
  33. udonsage
    udonsage
    Other than that, there might be occasional puzzles that occur during the dungeon run which the program will inform you about. You could give them the puzzle[Locked chest] or just pass it for something else. These puzzles will require a person to roll for it.
    Jul 6, 2017
  34. udonsage
    udonsage
    Then for the activities of a player you simply hit a button for at the end of the day to generate the rewards for the player.
    Jul 6, 2017
  35. udonsage
    udonsage
    @Pyoo so basically copy and paste.
    Jul 6, 2017
  36. udonsage
    udonsage
    There are other things I'm working on though so that it might be simple dice rolls for attack and damage; this is still a work in progress. I don't except the player to go into many battles for a dungeon run maybe 10-15 battles per run. However, I still have to work on the numbers a bit more for this before deciding this. So, that a dungeon will probably last about 30-45 minutes.
    Jul 6, 2017
  37. Pyoo
    Pyoo
    Active players huh
    Our dungeon runs lasts 4 days minimum
    With the mismatche of times between dungeon masters n dungeoneers

How r dungeons created. It seems like a player vs system game
    Jul 6, 2017
  38. udonsage
    udonsage
    Oh, huh that's true about people having different times. Hmm, I'm going to have to adjust the activity system then, maybe have one dungeon run per player per week.

@Pyoo Yeah that's pretty much it, player vs system game. A dungeon has some type of story and will be available to players based on a level range.
    Jul 6, 2017
  39. udonsage
    udonsage
    So, first dungeon might be around level 1 to level 10. Then a monster list(decided by a GM or group of GM(s)) is already available for the dungeon. So, the program will just generate the encounters and combat interactions.
    Jul 6, 2017
  40. Pyoo
    Pyoo
    If its player vs system u dont need ti worry about time. Just need to have a gm on every tinezone
    Jul 6, 2017
    udonsage likes this.
  41. Pyoo
    Pyoo
    I see i see
    Other than fights, what activities are available?
    How do u create variety tht keeps the players engaged?
    Jul 6, 2017
  42. udonsage
    udonsage
    Activities available are mostly related to story things or obtaining something: Taking a job, studying at a college to improve magic mastery, study swordsmanship to improve weapon damage, Improve city defenses, craft various items and etc.
    Jul 6, 2017
  43. udonsage
    udonsage
    Certain events will be exception though.
    Jul 6, 2017
  44. Pyoo
    Pyoo
    Story quests?
    Dunno what taking a job means but all listed excp crafting sounds like grinding.. Wait improve CITY defenses..? Oh like building something?
    Wait how will parties be? The multiplayer aspect is just for fighting?
    Jul 6, 2017
  45. udonsage
    udonsage
    Yeah activities are meant for the players to grind for money and skill mastery. Activities are mostly there to help you earn things to get prepared to dungeons and other monster related activities.
    Jul 6, 2017
  46. udonsage
    udonsage
    An experimental thing is still be working on that if player does join a party for combat then they could try to do group activities to increase their bond as a group to do special combat actions such as coordinated attack action. Additionally, this may require a player to write some type of report to level that up.
    Jul 6, 2017
  47. udonsage
    udonsage
    If a player joins a party then they could elect to have a team member as the team leader. The team leader than decides the actions of the other players and run through the dungeon.
    Jul 6, 2017
  48. udonsage
    udonsage
    We are now actually treading the territory of things I'm still thinking about.
    Jul 6, 2017
  49. Carm
    Carm
    God.... the spam.
    Jul 6, 2017
    udonsage likes this.
  50. udonsage
    udonsage
    or more like the comment limit is real.
    Jul 6, 2017
  51. Pyoo
    Pyoo
    grinding is.. boring...
    wheres the fun part?

group activities?
    coordinated attack action require grinding quests?
    report??? what report?
    i see. what if no leader? what if 'inactive' team members?
    Jul 6, 2017