Comments on Profile Post by TheMrAzn

1. TheMrAzn
    TheMrAzn
    Sorry if I'm intruding! I just saw a name on List of Translators -Who Are Willing to Help with Questions Related to Translating-
    Jul 25, 2017
  2. Scrya
    Scrya
    Umm... I don't read that novel, but it seems that novel uses the Japanese naming system instead.
    Jul 25, 2017
    TheMrAzn likes this.
  3. TheMrAzn
    TheMrAzn
    Wow, I should've known. Thanks a whole bunch though! Another question how do you recognize names and how long they are?
    Jul 25, 2017
  4. Scrya
    Scrya
    You will recognize names as you get used to the language. But if you have just started out, it's best to get used to the common verbs like 是,在,的. A simple sentence would usually have a pronoun, or a name before these common verbs. Like, 我是(I am)or 小明是 (Xiao Ming is).

Sometimes you might have an adjective in front of a name or pronoun -> 美丽的小可... (Beautiful Xiao Ke...)

It's really just getting used to it, I think?
    Jul 25, 2017
    AMissingLinguist and TheMrAzn like this.
  5. Scrya
    Scrya
    Honestly, I'm not really good at teaching Chinese, rofl. But I would suggest you take a step at a time with understanding the basic structure first before worrying about names. You will be more worried about how flexible the structure of Chinese sentences can actually be.
    Jul 25, 2017
    AMissingLinguist and TheMrAzn like this.
  6. TheMrAzn
    TheMrAzn
    Thank you very much! I'm pretty sure I get it now. I guess using NEET recieves a dating system was a bad choice of example due to the japanese like names.
    Jul 25, 2017