Comments on Profile Post by geneonline

1. Rogel17
    Rogel17
    Seriously. Though in my opinion, QI deserves the flaming, they are being too unreasonable. I wouldn't have cared for currently being translated chapters but translated chapters and even completely translated novels? And their reason for doing so? Crappy reading platform? It's laughable, really.
    Jul 26, 2017
    geneonline likes this.
  2. geneonline
    geneonline
    @Rogel17 They don't really have any bases for making such outrageous claims. They seem to be losing ground to stand on and are just trying any avenue possible, no matter how underhanded it is. For what I've believe, for them to even have translated material, QI would have to retranslate from the beginning with their own people to call it "their" translation.
    Jul 26, 2017
    Rogel17 likes this.
  3. geneonline
    geneonline
    They are really ballsy using "law this and that" from poaching other peoples work and claiming it theirs. They need a good beating. It's kinda funny seeing their excuses... but the main actions is going to be behind closed doors and through the court. This fight will probably shape a good deal how things will be translated in the future. I like WW's platform. QI could learn a thing or two.
    Jul 26, 2017
    Rogel17 likes this.
  4. Rogel17
    Rogel17
    Actually, at first, I was very skeptical to the effect of 50cent army in boycotting QI but with QI doing this move, I'm quite sure they are getting desperate. This made me realize that 50cent army ia doing a good job. This also reinforces the idea that the translation community thrives with the support of the reading community. Really impressive social relations especially on the internet haha
    Jul 26, 2017