2. SilverCrow63
    SilverCrow63
    Aug 13, 2017
  3. SilverCrow63
    SilverCrow63
    Aug 13, 2017
  4. Ken The One-Eyed Suicidal
    Ken The One-Eyed Suicidal
    That's from Alice Mare though. Oh well, it's good so it doesn't matter.
    Aug 13, 2017
  5. SilverCrow63
    SilverCrow63
    Aug 13, 2017
  6. Ken The One-Eyed Suicidal
    Aug 13, 2017
    SilverCrow63 likes this.
  7. Ken The One-Eyed Suicidal
  8. Ken The One-Eyed Suicidal
  9. Ken The One-Eyed Suicidal
    The performance you sent me is awesome btw.
    Aug 13, 2017
    SilverCrow63 likes this.
  10. SilverCrow63
    SilverCrow63
    I've listened to all of them.
    Lacie's Song was really clear and nice sounding. Sort of like a music box. It's a really refreshing song.
    The monogatari one was really beautiful and a bit sad sounding. It was my favorite out of the three. The young and older french voices singing together sounded amazing.
    Aug 13, 2017
  11. SilverCrow63
    SilverCrow63
    Requiem of Silence was an epic song. At first it didn't really stand out to me but after 4:50 the song changes to be more heroic? sounding and has a sort of change in atmosphere.
    It kinda makes me want to watch all the anime they came from.
    Surprisingly I haven't heard of any of them before this.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Aug 13, 2017
  12. Ken The One-Eyed Suicidal
    Now I kinda see how context and different views can change the impressions of people towards such a beautiful medium that is music, specially when there are no lyrics. The first one, Lacie's song, sounded a little like a lullaby, something characteristic of one person or character rather than itself. Because I know the character it's based on, I think of it as a mysterious farewell song.
    Aug 13, 2017
    SilverCrow63 likes this.
  13. Ken The One-Eyed Suicidal
    The second one, étoile et toi, got me in the same way as you. A beautiful but sad love song, that symbolize two selves hopelessly attracted to each other, but in midst of making and licking each other's wounds. Too close to be called lovers, they are simply necessary for each other.
    Aug 13, 2017
    SilverCrow63 likes this.
  14. Ken The One-Eyed Suicidal
    The third one, Requiem of Silence, is where the divergence shows itself most on. For me, as strange as it may be, it sounds like strong winds amidst a snow tempest. The first minutes set up the tragedy that is the rest, a theatrical conclusion that left me in awe when I watched the scene it played on.
    Aug 13, 2017
    SilverCrow63 likes this.
  15. Ken The One-Eyed Suicidal
    Then, when it ends, I feel like there are heavy curtains, dragging across the front of the stage, finally closing the epic tragedy that just played.
    Aug 13, 2017
    SilverCrow63 likes this.
  16. SilverCrow63
    SilverCrow63
    I like the way you describe them. I guess imagery differs depending on the person.
    Aug 13, 2017
  17. Ken The One-Eyed Suicidal
    Yup, that's an awesome thing though. To explore and understand what others see that I don't, it's one of the things I take joy on.
    Also, I recommend for you the sources of the three (well, the second not as much), their names:
    Aug 13, 2017
    SilverCrow63 likes this.
  18. Ken The One-Eyed Suicidal
    Pandora Hearts (Lacie's Song): It's a story that has a fairytale-like mood and style, adapted to anime (25 episodes that do not even scratch the whole story but are a great way to get introduced to the series, specially because of the OST) but it shines the most in the manga version. Here's a link to one of the arts, http://www.nxbkimdong.com.vn/images/Tin-bai/2014/T5/ph%204.jpg
    Aug 13, 2017
  19. Ken The One-Eyed Suicidal
    And here is the synopsis: Oz Vessalius, one of the Heirs of the Four Dukedoms, has just turned fifteen. His life is rich and carefree, darkened only by the constant absence of his father.
    Aug 13, 2017
  20. Ken The One-Eyed Suicidal
    At his coming-of-age ceremony, however, everything changes. For no reason that he can discern, he is cast into the prison known as the "Abyss", only to be saved by a "chain" known as Alice, the Bloodstained Black Rabbit or B-Rabbit for short.
    Aug 13, 2017
  21. Ken The One-Eyed Suicidal
    The mystery begins there as Oz unravels the mystery behind Alice, the Abyss and the strange organization known as Pandora. The series features heavy references to Lewis Carroll's Alice's Adventures in Wonderland and Through the Looking-Glass and can be considered both fantasy and mystery.
    Aug 13, 2017
  22. Ken The One-Eyed Suicidal
    It is strongest in the character and plot department.
    Aug 13, 2017
  23. Ken The One-Eyed Suicidal
    The second one is the Monogatari series (étoile et toi), mostly famous by it's heavy-in-dialogue narrative, heavy-in-Japanese-mythology conflicts and heavy-in-symbolicweirdshit anime. It's a heavy series, that even though has a good story, leaves the watcher jarred by the non-chronological presentation and constant moodswings.
    Aug 13, 2017
  24. Ken The One-Eyed Suicidal
    It is mostly character driven.
    Aug 13, 2017
  25. SilverCrow63
    SilverCrow63
    I read a bit of Pandora Heart so I know some of the story. I just don't quite remember who Lacie is.
    Re:Zero had an interesting concept but it's been a while so I only remember the basic plot about the MC and Emilia.
    I haven't watched Monogatari before. What's the story behind the song?
    Aug 13, 2017
  26. Ken The One-Eyed Suicidal
    The third one you can find by Re:Zero (Requiem of Silence). An extremely popular anime series that came out in 2016. It's a light-novel isekai adaptation, but not of the kind you're expecting.
    Aug 13, 2017
  27. Ken The One-Eyed Suicidal
    The protagonist has the power to go back to a specific point in time everytime he dies, with his memories intact. It is deeply psychological and character driven. So much that I could write an essay about two particular characters I'm not mentioning 'cause of hype.
    Aug 13, 2017
  28. Ken The One-Eyed Suicidal
    It can leave you frustrated though, as it not unravels some of the main mysteries of the plot (the light novels are planned to be way longer than the Harry Potter series, so... The 25-episode anime only adapted 20% of the story, yup.)
    Aug 13, 2017
  29. Ken The One-Eyed Suicidal
    Lacie appears in the latter parts of the story and is extremely important to the overall mystery behind the Baskerville Disaster. Want some details about her (a.k.a spoilers)?
    Aug 13, 2017
  30. SilverCrow63
    SilverCrow63
    Sure. Tell me.
    I didn't know that Re:Zero is so long. Who was the person he was holding in the song?
    Aug 13, 2017
  31. Ken The One-Eyed Suicidal
    I interpret the story behind étoile et toi to be related to Kiss-Shot (or Shinobu) and Araragi (the main character). Basically, Kiss-Shot was a true immortal vampire that lived for far too long and does not have any purpose anymore. She is mortally wounded and latches on Araragi (that found her by chance and wanted to help her), sucking his blood but not killing him, transforming him in a vampire just like her.
    Aug 13, 2017
  32. Ken The One-Eyed Suicidal
    Their relationship develops from there, with its ups and down far too long for a profile comment section, and he ends as the only person she has properly known in the last 600 years. In the end, Araragi and Kiss-Shot's powers are weakened to the point where he only has the immortality part and she is stuck in her child form. They are connected in a manner that, if one dies the other does too.
    Aug 13, 2017
    SilverCrow63 likes this.
  33. Ken The One-Eyed Suicidal
    But they are bound to be attracted and repelled by themselves for all eternity, because they are both immortal and their relationship develops in a strange manner, grounded on this fact.
    Aug 13, 2017
    SilverCrow63 likes this.
  34. Ken The One-Eyed Suicidal
    Too close to be lovers, they will lick each other's wounds for all eternity. That's what I meant when I said that.
    Aug 13, 2017
    SilverCrow63 likes this.
  35. SilverCrow63
    SilverCrow63
    That's kinda sad but it helps in understanding the song better.
    Aug 13, 2017
  36. Ken The One-Eyed Suicidal
    Lacie Baskerville, Glen's little sister and Jack's sole unrequited love was sent to the Abyss as a sacrifice because she was a Cursed Child (I think that was the term... I mean, to the people that have red eyes in the story). Jack naturally entered in despair because of that, but he didn't know about one detail. Lacie was pregnant.
    Aug 13, 2017
    SilverCrow63 likes this.
  37. Ken The One-Eyed Suicidal
    The father was the Baskerville head of the time, and the whole thing was an experiment. After Lacie was sent to the Abyss, a few days passed and a baby was sent back. Jack thought of her as Lacie herself, but it was actually Alice. She bore the twins in the timeless Abyss, and one of them stayed there as the vessel to the 'Core' that turned into the 'Will'.
    Aug 13, 2017
    SilverCrow63 likes this.
  38. Ken The One-Eyed Suicidal
    The other one was sent back as there was no use to her (the Alice we know).
    Aug 13, 2017
    SilverCrow63 likes this.
  39. Ken The One-Eyed Suicidal
    The tomb you see in the start of the series is Lacie's tomb.
    Aug 13, 2017
    SilverCrow63 likes this.
  40. Ken The One-Eyed Suicidal
    The music that that clock-thingy plays is named Lacie too and was written by Glen dedicated to his sister.
    Aug 13, 2017
    SilverCrow63 likes this.
  41. Ken The One-Eyed Suicidal
  42. Ken The One-Eyed Suicidal
  43. Ken The One-Eyed Suicidal
    The character that Subaru is holding is Rem, one of the characters he meets after the first arc of the story. She holds tremendous importance to his character development mostly, but has a role throughout the entire rest of the story counting from episode 4 onwards.
    Aug 13, 2017
    SilverCrow63 likes this.
  44. Ken The One-Eyed Suicidal
    She was the most popular female character of 2016.
    Aug 13, 2017
    SilverCrow63 likes this.
  45. SilverCrow63
    SilverCrow63
    Your descriptions made me really interested in the stories. I can't believe I actually forgot so much from the stories
    Aug 13, 2017
  46. Ken The One-Eyed Suicidal
    I'm happy to hear that I could sparkle your interest.
    I forget so many details about awesome stories too, it's saddening.
    Aug 13, 2017
    SilverCrow63 likes this.
  47. SilverCrow63
    SilverCrow63
    Speaking of good stories, have you ever read Zerozaki Soushiki's Humanity Test? It's a 23ch manga about the newest member of the Zerozaki family.
    https://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=69632
    It's a bit philosolphical and slightly dark but it's better than the description sounds.
    Aug 13, 2017
  48. Ken The One-Eyed Suicidal
    Never gave it a try but if I'm not mistaken I've heard of it... From you, even. Either way, thanks, I'll pass the essay I wrote while talking to you to paper, finish reading the classic literature book required for tomorrow's test and study the rest of the subject for it.... T.T and then I'll give it a try... Tomorrow.
    Aug 13, 2017
    SilverCrow63 likes this.
  49. Ken The One-Eyed Suicidal
    Aug 13, 2017
    SilverCrow63 likes this.
  50. Ken The One-Eyed Suicidal
    *cough*
    Anyway, sorry to cut our conversation short, it was one of the most enjoyable I've had in recent times. I hope we get to talk more about stories, music and whatever comes up later. See ya! (^-^)/
    Aug 13, 2017
    SilverCrow63 likes this.
  51. SilverCrow63
    SilverCrow63
    Haha I do reccommend that story often. ( ̄~ ̄)
    I had fun talking to you about the various songs and stories. Feel free to talk to me anytime. I might not reply quickly but I'll definitely reply. Good luck with your studies. Bye. ( ´・ω・)ノ
    Aug 13, 2017