Comments on Profile Post by Wujigege

1. Devourer
    Devourer
    I'll look at the text then I'll search for the author (or translator) and I'll speak with him about life....
    Sep 3, 2017
  2. Wujigege
    Wujigege
    Sep 3, 2017
  3. Devourer
    Devourer
    I'm not against the use of chibi but the go Google it part xD
    Sep 3, 2017
  4. Wujigege
    Wujigege
    Some Japanese terms are difficult to translate or localize so it is understandable that it has to left it but in some cases, it is not in this case. Asking readers to google defeats the purpose of translating, I think some translators are just as entitled as some readers
    Sep 3, 2017
  5. Setra
    Setra
    I remembered reading that note, but forgot the novel. Kinda defeat the purpose of note, and got me triggered a little.
    Sep 5, 2017
    Wujigege likes this.
  6. Wujigege
    Wujigege
    It is Golden Sword Master. It is a classic otaku novel, hime-sama is left behind, baka is left behind , Tou-chan etc
    It defeats the point of a translation
    I think people forget that a book is not a visual novel or an eroge novel
    It is a pretty great book though if you remove all the translator quirks and the horrible loli comedy.
    Sep 5, 2017
  7. Wujigege
    Wujigege
    It would have probably won international awards without the loli crap but now can be considered pedophilic. I wonder if some Japanese authors care about being taken seriously with the Literary community, it would have been the next Seirei no Moribito
    Sep 5, 2017
  8. Setra
    Setra
    I think you meant Golden Word Master. I dropped that within five chapters, MC is kinda jerkass, dropped Souen no Historia as well due to same author

I think it's on another novel I recently read, probably World Record, but I'm not too sure.
    Sep 5, 2017
  9. Wujigege
    Wujigege
    Yes you are correct, if you ignore the horrible comedy it is a pretty good story. It is the biggest reason Japanese TV shows are not as popular as Korean and Chinese. Their comedy is unique and sometimes offensive and usually overused. Overkill. You have to dig deep to find the actual plot
    Sep 5, 2017