Comments on Profile Post by Wujigege

1. BlancFrost
    BlancFrost
    I just started that drama! Been a while since I watched a time travel drama \o/

(the eternal love doesn't count >.>)
    Sep 12, 2017
  2. Wujigege
    Wujigege
    Hahaha I stay away from xianxia romance stories, too much angst, Chinese Paladin taught me a lesson I will not forget haha
    Everyone dies in it haha
    Sep 13, 2017
  3. BlancFrost
    BlancFrost
    D: I did watch the beginning of Chinese Paladin but got bored. Too much angst makes watching certain dramas hard.

Can't everything have a good plot and not triangles of love?
    Sep 13, 2017
    Wujigege likes this.
  4. Wujigege
    Wujigege
    In Time With You to me is the perfect drama, I watch it all the time, at least twice every year haha
    Royal Tramp the 2008 version, is also enjoyable but it is a guilty pleasure for me
    9 Ends 2 Out and My Sassy Girl(Japanese Drama), these two with In Time With You are just perfect. I watch them every year
    Sep 13, 2017
    BlancFrost likes this.
  5. BlancFrost
    BlancFrost
    Oh thanks for those. I've been looking for some good dramas to try out but have been trying out the new dramas that appear on the website I watch dramas on >.<
    Sep 13, 2017
    Wujigege likes this.
  6. Wujigege
    Wujigege
    My Sassy Girl(Japanese Drama)- Has a lot of comedy, it is easy to miss out on the wonderful story due to the Japanese penchant for overkill in comedy.
    9 Ends 2 Out is low budget and very mellow
    In Time With You oozes perfection, I recommend watching it last
    Moteki is also a good shout, it was written by a woman pretending to be a man, so it was a nice taken from regular male perspective
    Sep 13, 2017
    BlancFrost likes this.
  7. Wujigege
    Wujigege
    I would argue that My Sassy Girl has the best story, but you have to filter through the comedy and dig really deep to find it
    Sep 13, 2017
    BlancFrost likes this.
  8. BlancFrost
    BlancFrost
    Hmm Japanese dramas do do overkill in comedy XD Ah I have been watching this drama (JPN) and it's fairly good "Offbeat Chief Police". Oh also "Chef~ Three star school lunch" is very good. Been a while since I watched a JPN drama that I liked. Both are comedy though but I didn't think it was too over the top.
    Sep 13, 2017
    Wujigege likes this.
  9. Wujigege
    Wujigege
    I enjoy japanese comedy, it is unique, but sometimes it takes too much time away from the story, watch my sassy girl and your sides would hurt from laughter but the story is not a comedy. Moto Kare I guess is the most mellow J drama I have seen
    Sep 13, 2017
    BlancFrost likes this.
  10. BlancFrost
    BlancFrost
    mm true true.

I'll put it on my list then. o7 I know there is a KR one but it just didn't interest me. JPN don't drag out dramas though which is nice.

CN dramas on the other hand XD Some have unsatisfying endings and others have too many episodes. Makes it hard to continue when it gets draggy too. But there are plenty of good ones.
    Sep 13, 2017
  11. Wujigege
    Wujigege
    Had to force myself to watch the original My Sassy Girl in Korean, to complete the triple of the American adaptation, Japanese and Korean. Not really a fan of it to be honest.
    In Time With You is Taiwanese so it is a bit different from Mainland Chinese dramas which air 2 episodes per day everyday of the week haha
    Sep 13, 2017
  12. BlancFrost
    BlancFrost
    There's an American adaptation? Oh dear...I did see the trailer for Death Note...lol It's scary how they adapted it. Something I don't think I'll ever be able to watch. I think there is an American adaptation of BoF.

Mm the pacing is crazy with the release of so many episodes. So when I watch dramas that only release 2 episodes a week it's a long wait. XD
    Sep 13, 2017
    Wujigege likes this.
  13. Wujigege
    Wujigege
    It came out in 2008 and I watched it around then. The BOF I subbed it or rather was part of the subbing team on Viki, it was crap, very low budget, like a web drama but worse.
    My Sassy Girl is a story for masochistic guys, the way most dramas are for masochistic girls.
    Sep 13, 2017
    BlancFrost likes this.
  14. Wujigege
    Wujigege
    I prefer to marathon, I dont like suspense, I usually drop stories when they are airing and come back to marathon
    Sadly the reason I didnt like the Korean version of my sassy girl is cultural, I am not too well informed of Korean culture.
    A good example is this "Come to my house for ramyun(ramen)"
    It is the Korean version for booty call, I didnt get it until a few weeks ago and have been watching dramas for years
    Sep 13, 2017
    BlancFrost likes this.
  15. Wujigege
    Wujigege
    See you later Zaijian
    Sep 13, 2017
    BlancFrost likes this.
  16. BlancFrost
    BlancFrost
    Take care o/ It was nice chatting to you ^-^
    Sep 13, 2017
    Wujigege likes this.