Comments on Profile Post by sinyueliang

1. Tramsloof
    Tramsloof
    Scholarships aren't usually given just for grades. In fact getting them on sports bases is considered the easiest, you just have to be decent, nothing fancy.

Or, most of the well known ones have scholarships for kids who can't afford the fee. You can try your luck getting into it too.

It would good if you could befriend someone from the department who could forward a good word on behalf of you.
    Nov 9, 2017
  2. pocketbear
    pocketbear
    Try looking for ones specific to your intended major, some will pay you to study them. Or race scholarships, sex, if your family has a vet., location... good luck!
    Nov 9, 2017
  3. sinyueliang
    sinyueliang
    @Tramsloof I don't take any sports... at least for the past few years. Also my parents make a decent amount, so I don't think I really qualify for any financial aid based scholarships, but not sure. But we should be around the fringes of upper-middle class, so.
    Nov 9, 2017
  4. sinyueliang
    sinyueliang
    I think that the main judge of the scholarship I'm currently applying for, which is for children of Intel Emplyees, is financial plus academic achievement, but I'm not counting on financial status, which means only academic achievement is left, which is shit because I failed three classes my first year And my GPA is currently a 2.29 :D orz I'm a failure at life...
    Nov 9, 2017
    pocketbear likes this.
  5. CDLevit
    CDLevit
    Any updates on that?

Failure at life, hm. You're still young, I think that you have time to try as many times as you want to.
    Dec 4, 2017