Arcturus
Money:
$71,592
Reading List:
Link
Busy

Arcturus

Cat, Hidden Sith Lord, from On top of your head

Wow. It's been a long while since I've been here. Almost a year and a half. Don't know if anyone who cares will see this. But I'm alive. Jun 19, 2022

1. kyuukestu
      kyuukestu
      1. Arcturus
        Arcturus
        *raises eyebrow* I'll let you off the hook....this time
        Jan 19, 2018
        kyuukestu likes this.
      2. kyuukestu
        kyuukestu
        Disciple apologizes for not fully considering the situation ~ masters benevolence shall not be wasted ~
        Jan 19, 2018
    2. Lovely
      Lovely
      1. Xieljhane likes this.
      2. Lovely
      3. Arcturus
        Arcturus
        Mmm *eats some* @Stealth you want a bite?
        Jan 19, 2018
        Lovely likes this.
      4. Stealth
        Stealth
        sure! *stuffing my mouth*
        one big bite
        Jan 19, 2018
        Lovely likes this.
    3. Lovely
      Lovely
      1. Rae likes this.
      2. View previous comments...
      3. Stealth
        Stealth
        can i have some? arcy?
        Jan 18, 2018
        Lovely likes this.
      4. Arcturus
        Arcturus
        I already ate it all. But maybe @Lovely can cook some more for us?
        Jan 18, 2018
        Lovely likes this.
      5. Stealth
        Stealth
        Jan 18, 2018
        Lovely likes this.
    4. Westeller
      Westeller
      1. Deleted member 41274 likes this.
      3. iampsyx
        iampsyx
        Oooh I think I remember that...*sweatdrops*
        Jan 19, 2018
        Arcturus likes this.
      4. iampsyx
        iampsyx
        Thanks! >w< *glomps Arc the Cat*
        Jan 19, 2018
        Arcturus likes this.
      5. Arcturus
        Arcturus
        *sleeps on psyx's head* *pat pat*
        Jan 19, 2018
        iampsyx likes this.
    5. Arcturus
      Arcturus
      Ah I think I already hit my daily quota of reports for the day. Think I'll take a break for now.
      1. View previous comments...
      2. Arcturus
        Arcturus
        I would assume not. But I don't get to see the reports against me
        Jan 18, 2018
      3. HavekZero
        HavekZero
        All right then.

For the next time you report me just say you did and I'll report you too.

Sorta like you scratch my back I'll scratch yours :D
        Jan 18, 2018
      4. Arcturus
        Arcturus
        lol ok. We'll see if I remember.
        Jan 18, 2018
    6. Arcturus
      Arcturus
      I am quite tired with all of the bad threads I'm seeing. Could you at least try with your shit-posting? Just a smidgen of effort, please?
      1. Deleted member 41274 likes this.
      2. Deleted member 41274
        Jan 18, 2018
      3. Nyamsus
        Nyamsus
        i am not a good thread maker, *leap away*
        Jan 18, 2018
        Deleted member 41274 likes this.
    7. Westeller
      Westeller
      2. AliceShiki
        AliceShiki
        My worst was a quadruple I think, though I'm pretty sure it was on AG...

And well, there was one time I made 9 in a row due to internet lag... >.<
        Jan 11, 2018
      3. Arcturus
        Arcturus
        Community Games doesn't count. I don't even check the forum
        Jan 12, 2018
        AliceShiki likes this.
      4. AliceShiki
        AliceShiki
        I know! But I figured I would say it anyway! \(^^)/
        Jan 12, 2018
    8. HavekZero
      HavekZero
      If its not right on top of my list its a close second at the very least ;D

*le wink*
    9. Haxagen
      Haxagen
      Wait, you're a girl?!
      2. erichninja
        erichninja
        There some people that don’t know
        I guess most people The cat told are probably MIA
        Jan 3, 2018
      3. Skullie
        Skullie
        Lol....
        I thought she was a girl and I was right
        XD
        Jan 3, 2018
      4. Arcturus
        Arcturus
        :P I enjoy being of an indeterminate gender when I'm online anyway.
        Jan 3, 2018
    10. SpearOfLies
      SpearOfLies
      Happy Nue Year! \o/
      1. CDLevit
        CDLevit
        Happy New Year!
        Dec 31, 2017
      2. Arcturus
        Arcturus
        Happy Nu year to you all as well!
        Jan 2, 2018
        CDLevit likes this.
    11. AliceShiki
      AliceShiki
    12. Westeller
    13. SpearOfLies
      SpearOfLies
      Merry Chimera~
      1. Arcturus
        Arcturus
        I''ll wish you the same in a couple of hours thanks.
        Dec 25, 2017
      2. CDLevit
        CDLevit
        Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!
        Dec 25, 2017
      3. Arcturus
        Arcturus
        Merry Chimeramas to all
        Dec 25, 2017
        CDLevit likes this.
    14. Casul Reader
      Casul Reader
      The fact that I still get mentioned by you puts a tear in my eye (ノД`)・゜・。
      1. Matsurika and Arcturus like this.
      2. Skullie
        Skullie
        *steal tear*
        Dec 23, 2017
    15. Arcturus
      Arcturus
      Finally got around to reading the entire Vlad Taltos series and its actually pretty good. Recommended. Each book isn't too long either.
      1. BB_Tensei and Rizkiv1 like this.
      3. Arcturus
        Arcturus
        Its an actual published western fantasy novel. So you'd have to buy it or get from a library. Any other links to it that I may or may not know about, would not be able to be posted openly on the forum, only in a private discussion.
        Dec 23, 2017
        Deleted member 36162 likes this.
      4. Deleted member 36162
        Dec 23, 2017
      5. BB_Tensei
        BB_Tensei
        I can give you a link to a translation, but it won't be of any use. Oh, and come join us at the Nuffies Farm if you haven't already.
        Dec 23, 2017
    16. Arcturus
      Arcturus
      Just realized I still have the first 20 squares memorized from when I took geometry in High School. I'm kinda impressed.
      1. Shem likes this.
      2. Fabulist Ed
        Fabulist Ed
        is Impressed
        Dec 18, 2017
    17. Westeller
      Westeller
      1. Arcturus
        Arcturus
        Hey, what can I say? No one else is as interested in my life.
        Dec 17, 2017
      2. Nimroth
        Nimroth
        Wow, I didn't realise there was a Redwall game, guess I'll have to check that one out at some point.
        Dec 20, 2017
    18. Westeller
      Westeller
      1. Shem likes this.
      2. Arcturus
        Arcturus
        ...? For what?
        Dec 17, 2017
      3. Hotato
        Hotato
        Westeller is food now \o/ *munch*
        Dec 17, 2017
    19. Westeller
    20. Westeller
      Westeller
      1. Arcturus
        Arcturus
        Your welcome.
        Dec 5, 2017
  • About

Busy
    *sleeps*

Signature

PA
    1. Talenel (Tal) Elin
    2. Human
    3. 24
    4. Male
    5. A Young prodigy who came from a family that is heavily involved in industry, namely Kova World (not as elites or very wealthy). His mother also was a gifted engineer specializing in nanotechnology particularly with regard to robotics. After his prodigious intellectual talents and dedication to research were recognized, he was sent to Arch Education to develop his potential fully, as well as keep abreast of the trends in research for Kova, as an industry spy, since his family was a well-regarded and respected one in the company. Unfortunately for the management at Kova, Tal proved to care little about the "business" side of the reasons he was sent there and after funding his education with no gain, they cut him off and told him to return to the corporation. Arch was happy though to provide space for him to learn more and research under their watch, and Tal would work on whatever took his fancy, frequently aiding corporate rivals of Kova. He eventually became one of their finest and youngest postdoctoral students in Mechanical Engineering. That is until Tal came upon a strange man from another world. He had a few pieces of machinery that were unlike anything Tal had ever seen, automata that couldn't possibly work or do the things they did. Some of them which strangely seemed .... alive. This masked man left one of the more unique pieces, a spider named Spindel with a seeming intellect and other odd capabilities, as a gift for young Tal, who quickly became obsessed with this piece and the arcana by which it seemed to run. Unfortunately, this is where his downfall began. Where before Tal worked on projects that while esoteric, were still approved by Arch and frequently quite lucrative, he now devolved into working on this new unapproved project. And, even worse, after over two years of costly tests Tal had little progress to show for his fascination and was told by his supervisors that he had to give up his "hobby" and get back to "real research." Thinking to call their bluff, given the great research he had done over the past several years prior, he threatened to leave. However, it was all too easy for them to show him the door. Suddenly, largely destitute, with few friends/acquaintances, Tal found himself alone and homeless. He did manage to "procure" several of the smaller pieces of his research, including his companion, Spindel, before being forced out, vowing to prove himself before all those who doubted him and the validity of his backwards-seeming research. Settling down in District 11 among the industrial squalor, he remembers the final cryptic words that strange masked man told him before he left, "When you need assistance and are struggling to take the next step, go to the Prometheus Agency. You'll find what you're looking for there."
    6. Clockwork Researcher
    7. Occult(1)
    8. A thin and lithe young man of about 5'10" who is not one to shy away from getting his hands dirty, though by no means an athlete. Has a rather...strange style of dress which can be downright weird when his imagination takes him. Some examples:
      Normal (ish, he's still wearing a blindfold for no reason at all):[​IMG]Weird:[​IMG]
    9. Arrogant, yet insecure. Stubborn. Obsessed with his art/science and the fine line between the two that is his arcane studies. Very stubborn. Hates the mainstream. Ornery. Very curious. There's more to him, but a private man doesn't leave his whole personality out there.
    10. Agency Point: 0
    Also his spider Spindel is mostly just a sentient clockwork spider (about the size of a man's hand) and is probably the strangest and most powerful/versatile tool he has. It can't talk (yet?), but it communicate through gestures and such and can do cool spider-like things with some other minor abilities. He also has some other clockwork devices, namely his mask that lets him see the flow of magic through things and a gauntlet that enhances his grip strength and has some minor enhancements to climbing allowing him to reach places he otherwise could not.
    Name: Selvia Nilrem
    Race: Elf
    Class: Arcanist
    She is an elf. Let us say this, that she is dark haired, with a tint of red with her hair being long and straight, though it typically was in a bun. Say that she has verdant green eyes and bronzed skin from travel. Say that she is poised and graceful. Say she is gentle and curious like the wind and quick to tempest when angered, like the storm.

Say also that she currently could use a bath and a good night's sleep.
    Weapon: A well-used dagger that has cut more food and wood then people
    Armor: Her clothes could stop a very weak arrow maybe?
    Coins; 93 Large Copper, 6 Small Copper
    Detect Magic: The most important skill for any aspiring researcher of magic. As long as she is concentrating she can almost always detect sources of nature magic within 30 feet. She can do similar with arcane magic, but only for things she is touching. Other types of magic are very hit or miss with odds of detection varying due to distance, mental fatigue, and difficulty of magic.

Mana Shield: A weak Magical shield, it will nonetheless be able to stop an arrow or basic attacks. The spell is stationary, but can be nullified by the user to cause deflections. She is constantly tweaking the spell trying to find more improvements.

Magic Arrow: The classic magic missile in arrow form for extra piercing.

Animal and Plant Friendship: She has learned to communicate with animals and plants and befriend them if they are in a good mood and willing to do so. They could give information or say a piece of fruit, but will not do anything that will have risk of significant harm without corresponding benefit for themselves.

Lesser Healing: A magical healing that enables the body to grow and heal faster. This takes from both the user’s body and the caster. It will not do enough healing to fully repair anything significant, but it will help in hastening the recovery.

Entangle: In areas where plants can grow and there are also seeds, she can cause plants to grow and grasp things of her choice. This is frequently used to entrap enemies/dangers. However, Selvia is very adept at this spell and, with enough concentration and time, can even get her plants to perform tasks requiring fine motor skills. Her plants’ unnatural growth comes with an equally unnatural lifespan, lasting no longer than an hour.

Spell Adaptation: More than anything else, Selvia is a researcher and will frequently make minor adaptations to spells to make them more versatile and use them in a seemingly off the cuff manner due to her significant knowledge about how what she is doing works.

Plague Spells: Has become vaguely familiar with spells about plagues. Not an expert, as the cats would attest to.
    Adventurer's badge
    Large bag of seeds
    A very small pouch with a few tablespoons of silver powder
    A dagger, whetstone, 1 small mana potion. a length of rope, flint, water skin
    Clad in well-made travelers clothes and sturdy boots.
    A quality set of tableware with 2 sets of utensils and plates
    245 henbane leaves
    6 meal vouchers
    A white winged cat name Sera
    Selvia was born in Fairy Land to a perfectly normal elven family, thank you very much. They were perfectly happy in their lives as forest wardens, assigned to ensure its health and prosperity. A family of gifted mages, the Nilrems lived in harmony with nature and thus were focused on growing and nurturing, with the odd bit of violence to ward off the malicious. They had what they needed to live well and that is all they wanted. They were quite content to ignore the larger events of the world and be ignored by them as well. Change came, but, when it did, it was slow and careful.

Selvia Nilrem, unfortunately, was not particularly suited to such a society and family. She was temperamental with strong beliefs about how the world should be. And that these changes for the better should happen it as soon as possible. And she was certainly not afraid to let anyone and everyone know about it.

In particular, Selvia was extremely interested in magic and all of its forms. She was impatient with the slow methods of her family that required extreme lengths of time to become attuned to nature and grow slowly with it. Selvia learned as much as she could about the limited magical theory that was available and studied it intently. Besides nature, she delved into and experimented with the arcane, believing that it was the most pure form of magic.

While her family did what it could, it was clear she would never be happy there. Taking some small amount of resources and money, she went off to the world to search for more and better magical training. And she was aghast at what she found. Magical knowledge hoarded in libraries and families. Often, rumors of magic that was lost since it was never passed on. And those who could teach magic? They sold their talents to the rich and powerful and never seemed to be moved to do anything new. Magical learning had become stagnant. None of them would even think of teaching some young elf hussy with little to her name.

She has a goal: to study magic and to ensure that the next generations are not as bereft of learning. But after her travels and with minimal resources, she may be running a bit short on money. In fact, one might say her primary goal right now is to get enough money to put a roof over her head. Her journey is really only just beginning….