Comments on Profile Post by WearyRain

1. static7s
    static7s
    Tell me about it! Three years and hundreds of hours logged on Rosetta Stone for Spanish, and I might've picked up a whole two or three words...
    Twelve years of Hebrew classes, and kindergarten students in Israel speak English better than I can speak Hebrew!
    Dec 27, 2017
    Lapin likes this.
  2. erichninja
    Dec 27, 2017
  3. static7s
    static7s
    You think I'm exaggerating! I'm saying this with personal experience in the matter!
    Dec 27, 2017
    Vyren likes this.
  4. erichninja
    erichninja
    I spent 7 years of my own family native language can only speak about 20 words and can barely understand it
    Dec 27, 2017
  5. Vyren
    Vyren
    Heh, spanish was always easy for me.
    I think the language will always be harder the farther away your language source is from it. Cause there are concepts that english can’t express in a word or two. Not to mention the mentality of the language is also different sometimes
    Dec 27, 2017
  6. WearyRain
    WearyRain
    I feel your pain, I just got told I'm going to be tested next week... I just gave the teacher a smile, but as I have to atm, can only try my best to get my shit in gear
    Dec 27, 2017
  7. static7s
    static7s
    Scarier part is, I somehow managed to test out of a 13th and final year of it. Three years later, my parents and I are still clueless as to how I managed to do that. And more importantly, why the school allowed me to.
    Dec 27, 2017
  8. Vyren
    Vyren
    What language? I assume something like german or french since you didn’t ask for advice
    Dec 27, 2017
  9. WearyRain
    WearyRain
    ....Ukrainian, there's a long story behind this... one that I'm still scratching my head over, but... life choices
    Dec 27, 2017
  10. Vyren
    Vyren
    @static7s You’re probably just better at the reading or writing. It’s common among language learning. Since speaking requires you having to constantly pull the info out of your brain
    Dec 27, 2017
  11. WearyRain
    WearyRain
    Better at writing, reading and repeating though... Either way, baby steps... or something like that
    Dec 27, 2017
  12. Vyren
    Vyren
    Ukranian... hey @prongsjiisan Don’t you speak it? Any advice for this guy if you do?
    Dec 27, 2017
  13. static7s
    static7s
    Yeah... Not really. I still don't understand any more than half of what I would find in your typical children's book. The kind that has more pictures than words, usually a sentence or two per page.
    Dec 27, 2017
  14. prongsjiisan
    prongsjiisan
    Dunno and I'm Indonesian
    Dec 28, 2017
  15. static7s
    static7s
    *hugs jiisan*
    Dec 28, 2017