Comments on Profile Post by Arcturus

1. Arcturus
    Arcturus
    Imma post it below anyway since I though I had some nice thoughts written down:
    Feb 22, 2018
    Das, AliceShiki and Westeller like this.
  2. Arcturus
    Arcturus
    I would like to point out that there are a variety of ways to define rights, differences between types of rights, and certainly many different ideas on which rights fall under which category.

The right to vote is generally not considered a natural right of a human. Because devoid of a government or a group apparatus for which voting is needed, there is not voting.
    Feb 22, 2018
  3. Arcturus
    Arcturus
    Now, the rights to live, to liberty, to free speech (communication), these kinds of rights can be had without a government/society and thus are naturally inherent in an individual (at least according to my definition).
    Feb 22, 2018
  4. Arcturus
    Arcturus
    There are many civil rights (of which, voting, arms-bearing, minimum wage, etc. are all part) that come with being a member of a specific society/government that aren't inherent in an individual. They aren't privileges by any stretch of the imagination.
    Feb 22, 2018
  5. Arcturus
    Arcturus
    Now on to addressing guns in the US:

The gun debate in many ways reminds me of the drug debate. Consider the following questions and replace drugs with guns: Will criminal elements get and use their drugs if they want them? Will people who want drugs be able to get them and use them? Do people die in unnatural ways due to drugs?
    Feb 22, 2018
  6. Arcturus
    Arcturus
    The only valid solution is regulation. Control and limit the guns that are available and who has access to them. Use education to implement cultural changes. But trying to prohibit something from a society in which that thing is inherently part of the culture is doomed to failure, as has been seen throughout history, particularly when all societies have biased legal/justice systems.
    Feb 22, 2018
  7. Arcturus
    Arcturus
    Also, Yay Spam!
    Feb 22, 2018
  8. AliceShiki
    AliceShiki
    *pat pat* Keep up the hard work! ^^)/
    Feb 23, 2018
    Arcturus likes this.
  9. Das
    Das
    I saw this and read it just looking for something to argue over with you arc, just looking for something to mess with you a little... but I pretty much agree with the above... which means we agree on something. and that's a little scary
    Feb 24, 2018
    Westeller likes this.
  10. Westeller
    Westeller
    .. but you?

Oh, there you go. The magic of edits, huh.
    Feb 24, 2018
    AMissingLinguist and Arcturus like this.
  11. Das
    Das
    aye it somehow got sent mid sentence
    Feb 24, 2018
  12. AliceShiki
    AliceShiki
    Eh? That's not the only thing you both agree on.

You both agree Kiwi-chan is a cute and nice girl! \(^^)/
    Feb 24, 2018
    Das and Arcturus like this.
  13. Arcturus
    Arcturus
    *pat pat*
    *Continues to plot das's downfall*
    Feb 24, 2018
  14. Das
    Das
    *continues to ruin all of arc's plots*
    Feb 24, 2018
    AMissingLinguist and Westeller like this.