Comments on Profile Post by Deleted member 37987

1. Ataraxic_L1FE
    Ataraxic_L1FE
    It got boring at the later chapters. :-:
    Mar 10, 2018
  2. Deleted member 37987
    Deleted member 37987
    Well I know and it's an expected answer but he dropped at 1040 which is the Fang clan arc if I recall? Imo it only got unbearable at that humongous war arc. Also he still put a 5 to it.
    Mar 10, 2018
  3. asriu
    asriu
    bored is scary you know~
    Mar 10, 2018
  4. jacobpaige
    jacobpaige
    I loved most of the series, but at the point that I dropped it, he had become a rich, entitled, self-centered young master that murdered people and then mocked their friends and family for it while hiding behind his clan's name. He turned into everything he had hated up to that point, and I don't think the author even realized it. I just couldn't force myself to keep reading.
    Mar 10, 2018
  5. Deleted member 37987
    Deleted member 37987
    I think it wouldn't be even half as horrible if the author didn't emphasize on how Meng Hao was raising inner devils in the heart of everyone and hindering their cultivation. Also the fact he starts having to successively climb ladders by dominating entire groups of people who didn't ask for anything and proving himself as the strongest. That was definitively a wrong move from the author.
    Mar 10, 2018
  6. Deleted member 37987
    Deleted member 37987
    The first time I read the novel, up to the war in the blood demon sect around chapter 700, I felt it was already a pity that the character changes so much. Surprisingly after rereading I didn't get that feeling until much later but yeah, in hindsight he's pretty bad, although for some reason likeable?
    Mar 10, 2018
  7. Deleted member 37987
    Deleted member 37987
    He goes from a weak shrew character who would hold a deep grudge against Wang Tengfei, even collecting his own nails to reminds himself of the grudge, to so other many things… There's Fang Mu's peaceful nature, then there's a sort of elder and ancient guy who leads his own clan and at the end of it, it's the personnality of a bully that somehow dominates it all.
    Mar 10, 2018
  8. Deleted member 37987
    Deleted member 37987
    But honestly, I think the evolution to a bully kind of made sense. He never brings back his Confucian values and he has always been aiming to get rich while being very selfish. The only thing I regret is that he never does really make friends with a few interesting characters like Wang Tengfei but I wouldn't really criticise his personnality.
    Mar 10, 2018
  9. Deleted member 37987
    Deleted member 37987
    On another hand this novel had such an insane build up!!! The blood immortal, the demon immortal sect, flying rain dragon legacy, immortal murdering swords and its spirits + the mysterious bat, Dao Fang and the fire inside planet South Even (and the guys guarding it), the feather that mysteriously fell down from the sky and was found by his pets…
    Mar 10, 2018
  10. Deleted member 37987
    Deleted member 37987
    Meng Hao was a formidable character with a full range of varied and great spells that he conserved or evolved, like his movement spell that keeps evolving but still keeps the main idea behind it and his legacies which unlock new power but are kept, same with his body cultivation which uses other methods but in the end, it's body cultivation. But after the blood demon war arc, it's just thrown away.
    Mar 10, 2018
  11. asriu
    asriu
    more like words play which imo there only few xianxia thing can make me thing oh that interesting~
    Mar 10, 2018
  12. Deleted member 37987
    Deleted member 37987
    First he gets his father's sword techniques which he only uses once, then he picks up three skills from the ancient daoist rite temple out of which one (the claw technique) is quickly forgotten and the roc transformation which was overused and replaces almost all his spells along the star plucking thingy.
    Mar 10, 2018
  13. Deleted member 37987
    Deleted member 37987
    Then he keeps accumulating shit that only exists for the sake of showing level ups and all the old stuff is barely brought up. All these things are the reason why outside of the Fang clan rebellion and the arc after the great war, when he joins a random sect like back in the days, I believe the second part is terrible. It's like the author completely forgotten anything from before chapter 700 and threw it all away.
    Mar 10, 2018
  14. Deleted member 37987
    Deleted member 37987
    Somehow I'm really glad when I decided to stop, it was coincidentally when the novel was only translated up to the blood demon sect war. Not so coincidentally though, it was an extremely boring part and obviously told the downfall of the novel, so I'm glad I had a full experience of the greatness one time before rereading, filled with expectations.
    Mar 10, 2018
  15. Deleted member 37987
    Deleted member 37987
    @asriu no idea what you're talking about
    Mar 10, 2018
  16. asriu
    asriu
    it good story if for passing time~
    Mar 10, 2018
  17. asriu
    asriu
    most popular CN WN on NU
    that my opinion for it
    actually I can also say it to WW list
    Mar 10, 2018
  18. Deleted member 37987
    Deleted member 37987
    And about the story itself in the second part (spoilers) : it's shit. Half of it is a war that's freaking dragged on so much I couldn't enjoy any of the important revelations, deaths or anything that comes with it, but the author even manages to ruin the romance by bringing so many plots together that it was way too complex and messy to be enjoyed.
    Mar 10, 2018
  19. Deleted member 37987
    Deleted member 37987
    Only the Fang clan rebellion, which goes from me being disappointed to surprised after the plot twist, was really enjoyable and then another arc after the great war where Meng Hao joins a random sect and it's pretty much like one of his adventures at the start of the novel.
    Mar 10, 2018
  20. Deleted member 37987
    Deleted member 37987
    The rest is too complex, too convoluted with the author's other novels, and pretty much all the plot of ISSTH becomes either minor or is forgotten. The great characters you look up to? They don't matter any more! Blood immortal and stuff? Forgotten, let's talk about Wang Lin from Xian Ni instead and actually not even add plot.
    Mar 10, 2018
  21. Zone Q11
    Zone Q11
    Such a... long... post!
    May 9, 2018
  22. Deleted member 37987
    Deleted member 37987
    I hope more people share my opinion on ISSTH!
    May 9, 2018