Comments on Profile Post by Tramsloof

1. Tramsloof
    Tramsloof
    I remember how my teacher had me kicked out of class multiple times. Embarrassed me in the crowd, saying how could I even get here with my level of efforts.

When I got national ranking though, it became a story to tell for sure.
    Jun 29, 2018
    Slayerwolfx2 and RTS like this.
  2. Tramsloof
    Tramsloof
    Another time, I failed three exams straight surprisingly. And I had never failed in anything in my life before this, or even after.

It was mind-blowing and embarrassing to say the least. Being as proud as I am, it was akin to a death sentence.

Nonetheless, now I am doing very well. And that too has become another story to tell. People don't even believe it now.
    Jun 29, 2018
  3. Tramsloof
    Tramsloof
    My point being, we think it's the end if the world. The story is yet to end, your own story.

You just have to do well this time and the past will become an excellent story to tell.

Just remember not to burn out. Motivation is at its peak in the start, don't overdue on it. Instead make a schedule, even 2 hours a day is fine as long as you have +3months of time before exams.
    Jun 29, 2018
  4. Tramsloof
    Tramsloof
    With that, I wish you Good Fortune. Stay strong and believe in yourself, always.

Remember to learn from your shortcomings. Don't study mindlessly, but qualitatively. It doesn't matter how long you study, but what you study and how you study it.

Maybe try online lectures, there's some for everything. And read online notes. Participate in group studies.
    Jun 29, 2018
  5. RTS
    RTS
    Telling it from experience, I can assure you that failure is not an end. Failure makes you stronger, because if you never fail, you will never become aware of your shortcomings.

Take Thomas Edison's life as an example. His teachers said he was "too stupid to learn anything."
    Jun 29, 2018
    Slayerwolfx2 and Tramsloof like this.
  6. RTS
    RTS
    He was fired from his first two jobs for being "non-productive." As an inventor, Edison made 1,000 unsuccessful attempts at inventing the light bulb. The light bulb was an invention with 1,000 steps.

When asked, he said that he did not fail. He just found 1,000 ways that DID NOT work, so never give up hope, my friend. As long as you work for it, you will one day definitely achieve it.
    Jun 29, 2018
    Slayerwolfx2 and Tramsloof like this.
  7. Slayerwolfx2
    Slayerwolfx2
    Well, studying without a teacher, or someone to supervise is quite hard, trust me.

Not to mention finding online lectures about what I want is harder because I either want it in Greek, or need to translate it on my head which is way harder.

That said, I have about 11 months in front of me, and even if I study for one hour a day, that's a lot of studying over the course of almost a year.
    Jun 29, 2018
    Tramsloof likes this.
  8. Slayerwolfx2
    Slayerwolfx2
    Also, having graduated from school, I have more time for things that actually interest me as well as for studying.
    Jun 29, 2018
  9. Slayerwolfx2
    Slayerwolfx2
    Not that many actually paid any attention to school on the last year, but still.
    Jun 29, 2018
  10. Tramsloof
    Tramsloof
    True,myself studying is not everyone's cup of tea. You should really get yourself a teacher this time. Maybe there are some tips and tricks for the exams you are giving.

And if your English is good, from what I see, it's good enough, you should have no need to translate. Just learn from it.
    Jun 29, 2018
    Slayerwolfx2 likes this.
  11. Slayerwolfx2
    Slayerwolfx2
    I should try being optimistic at least, but not complacent.
    Jun 29, 2018
    RTS and Tramsloof like this.
  12. Tramsloof
    Tramsloof
    You are spot on.
    Jun 29, 2018
    Slayerwolfx2 likes this.
  13. Slayerwolfx2
    Slayerwolfx2
    @Tramsloof different terminology which makes it hard to understand the already hard problems.

It isn't something that will make studying easier, learning from different languages.
    Jun 29, 2018
    RTS and Tramsloof like this.