Comments on Profile Post by juniorjawz

1. akki
    akki
    ...you’re asking in novel updates forum for a forum where you can explain something about novels?
    Aug 22, 2018
    juniorjawz and runsing like this.
  2. runsing
    runsing
    first of all, english uses the word 'god' to describe non-human entity with vast powers. therefore, taking the words 'god' as it is, is wrong. different culture / religion has different take on deity.
    Aug 22, 2018
  3. runsing
    runsing
    for example, god of cooking can be used to describe someone who is extremely (or the most) proficient at cooking, while he/she is just a human. therefore, the fault here lies with the lack of other words in english to subsitute the usage of 'god'.
    Aug 22, 2018
  4. juniorjawz
    juniorjawz
    @runsing , Tale of Demon and Gods, World Defying Dan God, Peerless Martial God, Strongest Sword God, God of Slaughter, Godly Gourmet Chef.

My friend was like "What's with all these Gods" and I'm here trying to find a source to explain it.
    Aug 22, 2018
  5. akki
    akki
    The use of god could be like a title. Or to show the person is at the peak/strongest martial artist/cultivator.
    Aug 22, 2018
  6. runsing
    runsing
    then the fault defintely lies with your friend taking the word 'god' (english) at its face value.
    Aug 22, 2018
    Deleted member 36162 and akki like this.
  7. Gandire Alea
    Gandire Alea
    This misunderstanding is brought about by differences in culture. Like others said, the western concept of God is different from the eastern concept. I’d like to take it a bit further and say the Chinese concept of god is also different from the Japanese concept. I don’t know anything about Korean though
    Aug 22, 2018
    juniorjawz, Blitz and runsing like this.
  8. Blitz
    Blitz
    Aug 22, 2018