Money:
$13,039
Reading List:
Link

Awarded Medals 1

Bum

ludagad

Addicted to escapist novels

The brain is like AI when it makes dreams. It's fed a huge dataset of memories but it can't generate text other than gibberish. Oct 2, 2023

ludagad was last seen:
Mar 28, 2024 at 2:17 PM
    1. ludagad
      ludagad
      But accidents always happen accidentally. - MTL (could also be author in this case)
      1. Loni4ever likes this.
      2. Loni4ever
        Loni4ever
        It was pure serendipity when I lucked out so fortunately
        Feb 2, 2020
        ludagad likes this.
    2. ludagad
      ludagad
      "He died alive" - MTL tidbit. Too amusing not to share.
      1. Fuyuneko, felidormit, GonZ555 and 5 others like this.
      2. View previous comments...
      3. GonZ555
        GonZ555
        The Dao of MTL is deep as 'the not shallow place'
        Jan 28, 2020
        FIEND, ludagad and felidormit like this.
      4. FIEND
        FIEND
        LOL
        "she had hairy breasts on the side of her legs" my fav mtl
        Oct 6, 2020
        ludagad likes this.
      5. ludagad
        ludagad
        Can't even begin to make sense of that.
        Oct 6, 2020
    3. ludagad
      ludagad
      When you explain something at work, but they ignore your soft feminine voice, so they end up asking the same question four times.
      1. Deleted member 155674 likes this.
      3. blues86
        blues86
        @Kalto so true, the tip no.1 is really works for me.
        Jan 17, 2020
      4. ludagad
        ludagad
        I will change my workplace soon, but people are the same everywhere. I'll just grow thicker skin and play an idiot, save my blood pressure. Thanks for the kind words :)
        Jan 18, 2020
      5. Deleted member 155674
        Deleted member 155674
        Almost everywhere which make you believe that they are everywhere, some easily find their place and some take years and might not find it, it is a matter of luck really
        Jan 18, 2020
        blues86 and ludagad like this.
    4. ludagad
      ludagad
      I'm at work and this elderly colleague hasn't stopped talking to my other colleague for 50 minutes now and I'm losing it.
      1. View previous comments...
      2. ludagad
        ludagad
        Good idea in a normal business, but they all know each other for 40 years (incl. the boss) and I'm the junior there. Can't say shit.
        Jan 3, 2020
      3. Arie Sun
        Arie Sun
        This is the moment when I started to zone out haha
        Jan 3, 2020
        ludagad likes this.
      4. ludagad
        ludagad
        He's got this voice that grinds on my nerves, so I'm painfully aware of it instead of being able to treat it like background noise. Anyway, he finally shut up. Only took him 70 mins.
        Jan 3, 2020
    5. ludagad
      ludagad
      New Year's eve update: parent listening to the same song for the 7th time at the loudest possible volume. I hate this song now, thanks.
      1. Deleted member 97520
        Deleted member 97520
        Are they drunk? I see no reason to them listening to the same song if they're not.
        Dec 31, 2019
      2. ludagad
        ludagad
        Nope. They just like the song and played different recordings of it. Which is fine, but the whole neighborhood doesn't need to hear it too >_>.
        Dec 31, 2019
      3. Deleted member 97520
        Deleted member 97520
        I don't understand them, then.
        Dec 31, 2019
        ludagad likes this.
    6. ludagad
      ludagad
      New Year's eve at my place: shitty boomer humor on TV, parent listening to 40+ year old depressing songs on youtube and mourning his youth.
      1. Deleted member 155674 likes this.
      2. ludagad
        ludagad
        Holiday cheer? Lol.
        Dec 31, 2019
        Deleted member 155674 likes this.
    7. Wujigege
      1. ludagad
        ludagad
        Yeah, I heard about that. I've also heard Korean men's opinion on feminism and people(women) who defend it. Nothing will change. Another pointless loss. I feel bad for her.
        Oct 17, 2019
        Wujigege likes this.
      2. Wujigege
        Wujigege
        Sadly its the truth. It was so glaring when they kicked out their female president. You get annual pardons for Chaebol criminals but I doubt she will ever get a pardon.
        It is ironic how she is considered a horrible president and corrupt when she was charged for all her male staff wrongdoings. From history, Kore has never had a president who wasnt accused of corruption
        Oct 17, 2019
      3. Wujigege
        Wujigege
        I did respond on the thread, how it seems that after a nude role, the ladies kill themselves. There is no proof in this case but I know the lady from Scarlett Letter mentioned the nude role she was forced/pressured to do as one of the reasons for her suicide. The other famous one was how she was simply a high end prostitute for powerful men.
        Oct 17, 2019
    8. Wujigege
      Wujigege
      I am going to start a blog similar to dramabeans
      Will you be interested in writing articles?
      I am not looking for 2000 words
      Short and sweet, similar to your response to my thread
      2. ludagad
        ludagad
        You don't actually have to pay, since it's neither professional, nor under contract - basically not a job. And I give no guarantees. You won't believe how quickly I get bored of things. My creative writing is shit. I can sit in front of an empty page for ages and not come up with anything.
        Jun 13, 2019
        Wujigege likes this.
      3. ludagad
        ludagad
        Anyway, I can try, as long as there's no obligation for anything, you don't give me payment, and you'll decide whether it's good enough at all.
        Jun 13, 2019
        Wujigege likes this.
      4. Wujigege
        Wujigege
        There is nothing as bad writing just the wrong audience
        *drops mic*
        Jun 13, 2019
    9. ludagad
      ludagad
      Feeling moody, depressed and anxious, and there's no logical reason. Everything's good, no deadlines looming. WTF. A bit early for my PMS.
      1. strayCat0 likes this.
      3. Skullie
        Skullie
        ......it’s been more than a year. Why did you revive this.....
        Oct 7, 2020
      4. ludagad
        ludagad
        Wow, it's been a year? Feels like last week x_x
        Oct 7, 2020
      5. Skullie
        Skullie
        lol. It's been more than a year....
        Oct 8, 2020
    10. Wujigege
      Wujigege
    11. Wujigege
      Wujigege
      There also have a Youtube channel which is behind in the episodes lol
      https://channels.vlive.tv/DEF407/home

It was disappointing how predictable it was ie W.H.Y
      No more k dramas for me for 6 months
      Here I thought shorter dramas might be better lol
      1. Wujigege
    12. Wujigege
      Wujigege
      If you like comedy and not really romance then Japanese dramas are your best bet.
      I recommend Shitsuren Chocolatier, it is very funny but gets a bit dark. No deaths of course, I dont watch tragedy.
      Regardless of what you think about the show, the score by Ken Arai is heavenly
      One of the best parts is 15 minutes into episode 1, there is total silence and then you only hear Saeko's heels hitting the pavement
      2. ludagad
        ludagad
        My issue is exactly that - the way they get treated and the way that has shaped their character. My problem isn't only the women, but also the setting they live in. It gets my blood pressure up watching how they get treated at their job for example. I hate it that most of them are conditioned to watch the mood and effectively behave as doormats for men to walk over.
        Mar 3, 2019
        Wujigege likes this.
      3. ludagad
        ludagad
        Of course, the infantile type annoys me a lot as well. So it's very hard for me to find dramas that don't annoy me lol. But I've found more kdramas that suit my taste than anywhere else. Twdramas are close second, if only they weren't all slice of life. I do prefer my female lead more mature with adequate behavior and social responses.
        Mar 3, 2019
        Wujigege likes this.
      4. Wujigege
        Wujigege
        I probably already recommended In Time With You and Iron Ladies but I will again.
        I can't stand stories like Come Eat Shanshan so I watched only season 1 of King of Blaze
        Mar 3, 2019
    13. Wujigege
      Wujigege
      Long time no see.
      Happy Chinese New Year
      1. ludagad likes this.
      3. Wujigege
        Wujigege
        There wont be free books
        but there will be an ebook version and a per chapter version
        People love free. So I am working on having advertisers pay for those who cannot afford it. Just like the Qidian International, watch videos to earn coins
        Feb 20, 2019
      4. Wujigege
        Wujigege
        Feb 20, 2019
      5. FIEND
        FIEND
        do u make manahua wuji
        Oct 6, 2020
    14. ludagad
      ludagad
      Next level yandere: make MC kill him, so MC will never forget him...
      1. highsky44 likes this.
      2. highsky44
        highsky44
        i think i read a scenario like that in a light novel. The ML wanted to make the MC hate him so much so that it will drive her to kill him and never forget about him.
        Jan 30, 2019
    15. Wujigege
      Wujigege
      2. Wujigege
        Wujigege
        Sep 25, 2018
      3. ludagad
        ludagad
        It looks good. Now I only need to know it's a happy end and they end up together. I've been cheated too often by cheerful and fluffy sounding dramas that end in tears >_>
        Sep 25, 2018
        Wujigege likes this.
      4. Wujigege
        Wujigege
        Hahaha their My Dear Boy it was good. It is not that Fluffy. Apple in Your Eye(weird ass title) I really hated that, it cheated me with the end but you can watch Attention Love as the fluffy spiritual remake
        Sep 25, 2018
    16. Deleted member 37987
      Deleted member 37987
      You should lend your nuffies.
    17. Wujigege
      Wujigege
      I finished Oh My General today, I only enjoyed the first part. Palace intrigue which populated the last part doesn't interest me as it feels like Palace stupidity. It seems Chinese web dramas are more raunchy than TV dramas
      2. Wujigege
        Sep 9, 2018
      3. ludagad
        ludagad
        Hmm, just need to know one thing: is it a tragic end? I hate it when I invest my emotions into a character only for them to die in the end... or for the couple to separate -_-;
        Sep 9, 2018
      4. Wujigege
        Wujigege
        Well depends on which of the main characters that you support lol
        I will say that the end was satisfying.
        The Fire Princess is just too awesome.
        My advice, read the recap for the first 10 episodes and see if you want to watch it. That's exactly what I did.
        I skip episodes 41 to 50 though lol
        Fire Princess Zhang Alina won Miss China Universe 2004 so she is definitely eye candy and she can also act
        Sep 9, 2018
    18. ludagad
      ludagad
      Don't feel like: doing anything productive, sleeping, watching anything, reading anything, playing anything, interacting with anyone. Bored.
      1. Wujigege
        Wujigege
        Try pissing someone off
        Sep 2, 2018
      2. ludagad
        ludagad
        Too much trouble. Conflicts eat up energy.
        Sep 2, 2018
      3. Wujigege
        Wujigege
        Playfully, not anything too mean.
        A good dose of Schadenfreude always lifts the mood.
        My favorite dramas/ stories must have a good dose of schadenfreude for me to enjoy them.
        Sep 2, 2018
    19. Wujigege
      Wujigege
      2. ludagad
        ludagad
        BTW, don't take anything from my reviewed novels, cause it's mostly an archive of novels I've read, but I haven't been that impressed by any of them. Kinda weak writing. I think Sinister ex-GF was quite popular in the spoiler section. I thought someone was translating it already, strange.
        Jul 26, 2018
        Wujigege likes this.
      3. ludagad
        ludagad
        Oh, and The Empress' New Clothes by the same author is like Chongfei Manual 2.0, but I don't recommend translating (or writing) something this similar to an already existing novel. Always go for fresher things xD and something you won't be cringing at translating, I guess.
        Jul 26, 2018
        Wujigege likes this.
      4. Wujigege
        Wujigege
        Well I hire translators so I would have been spared the suffering. Thanks anyway lol
        Jul 26, 2018
    20. Wujigege
      Wujigege
      2. ludagad
        ludagad
        And for female MC spoiling her ML...kinda rare haha. This novel: Slapping the second female lead [quick transmigration] has a MC doting on her ML after 2-3 arcs when she realizes she loves him. And it's doting to the extreme where she turns yandere for him. Maybe you'll like it :3.
        Jul 11, 2018
      3. Wujigege
        Wujigege
        Not a fan of deres. I am too old for that cliche. It was cool in the 2000s not anymore. I didn't even notice the ML got pregnant lol. I guess that's what the mpreg tag means. I was looking for something along the lines of In Time With You or Friends
        Jul 11, 2018
      4. ludagad
        ludagad
        I find the Chinese yanderes are more tolerable tbh. Like this one is all about protecting the ML and dishing out punishment to the ones who go against him. The ML lost his memories after the first 2 arcs, so she had to do the chasing. Unless I'm mixing it up with another novel, I've read too many v_v
        Jul 12, 2018
        Wujigege likes this.
  • About

Bum

Signature

Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist.