Comments on Profile Post by Deleted member 37987

1. King0Mik
    King0Mik
    Damn. What a slam.
    Sep 10, 2018
  2. Deleted member 37987
    Deleted member 37987
    What do you do in your country? Housewife?
    Sep 10, 2018
  3. King0Mik
    King0Mik
    College student. I wouldn't want to be a housewife.
    Sep 10, 2018
  4. Deleted member 37987
    Deleted member 37987
    What do you study? Why not be a housewife? Your status says you have someone soooooo
    Sep 10, 2018
  5. King0Mik
    King0Mik
    Electrical engineering/computer science.
    Two people working = more money than one person working. You also have no idea about the prospects of my significant other. I will offer the opposite question to you: why should I be a housewife? If I can make more money for my SO and me, why should I just stay home instead of work? Alternatively, why shouldn't my spouse stay home instead of me?
    Sep 10, 2018
    Deleted member 37987 likes this.
  6. Deleted member 37987
    Deleted member 37987
    Life is about selfishness! So shouldn't you want to abuse the poor guy, make him work while you spare your personal time for your own enjoyment? Those are the benefits of being a modern day housewife! But I agree it's not a good idea in a relationship, overall T_T
    Sep 10, 2018
  7. King0Mik
    King0Mik
    Indeed, there are people like that, but I doubt that they are the majority. In the US, many women either choose not to work or stop working in order to care for children. They are not necessarily doing nothing. I think it's important for parents to have time for their children, and my SO and I agree that we do not want a child unless we both have time to properly interact with them.
    Sep 10, 2018
  8. King0Mik
    King0Mik
    Although I am a selfish person, I would not want to damage another person's life in order to benefit myself. I would abstain from helping people (because I am selfish), but I would also abstain from purposely harming another person for my own selfishness (because I believe it is immoral).
    Sep 10, 2018
  9. Deleted member 37987
    Deleted member 37987
    I think the whole western thing about overcaring for kids is dumb, they can grow up even being "neglected" (or what people pejoratively define as such). Housewives are a dumb thing imo honestly.
    Sep 10, 2018
  10. Deleted member 37987
    Deleted member 37987
    This is my honest opinion, the thing I said before was a joke and I hope it made you laugh or smile and if it doesn't then I'll be a little bit sad :(

I like that last line you said.
    Sep 10, 2018
  11. King0Mik
    King0Mik
    If by overcaring for children you refer to overly intrusive parents, then I wholeheartedly agree. Sure, children can grow up neglected, but will they necessarily have no problems resulting from childhood when they do? When the parents don't interact with the child a lot (because they're always busy, etc.), it's likely that the parent-child bond will be weaker.
    Sep 11, 2018
  12. King0Mik
    King0Mik
    With a weaker parent-child bond, the child may be left without a support system. Such children may be prone to bullying, especially since it's unlikely that a bully will face repercussions because the child will hide such bullying from the parents because they do not want to be a burden or they cannot trust their parents to actually help.
    Sep 11, 2018
    AMissingLinguist likes this.
  13. King0Mik
    King0Mik
    I understand that your comments were meant jokingly. I was initially slightly offended by the housewife remark, but now, I am more clear that it was meant as a joke and take no offense to it.
    Sep 11, 2018
  14. Deleted member 37987
    Deleted member 37987
    No, by overcaring I meant this attitude of assuming the kid is weak, blablabla. What matters is education, not making sure to spend time with the kid or whatever!

Make your kid read books, teach him autonomy, etc. this is what I think matters and how he will learn to like his family, like his world, and truly like himself as well.
    Sep 11, 2018
    King0Mik likes this.
  15. Deleted member 37987
    Deleted member 37987
    I hear a lot about how busy parents are bad blablabla but I don't agree. What's bad is just not making sure what your kid is learning and not teaching him how to learn the proper things, getting him autonomous and all.

I think most parents just don't realise they aren't educating the child properly and that's the only problem, not that he needs more attention or whatever.
    Sep 11, 2018
    King0Mik likes this.
  16. Deleted member 37987
    Deleted member 37987
    And well it was meant to offend you but I apologise for that slight tease XD
    Sep 11, 2018
  17. Silver Snake
    Silver Snake
    I agree with King0Mik. I hate it when lonely people get kids because they think that they will make them happy. I hate selfish people who only want love without any idea of the concept of giving it. Though, that must have been the reason they were lonely in the first place. Too bad they could never figure it out.
    Sep 18, 2018
    King0Mik likes this.
  18. Deleted member 37987
    Deleted member 37987
    That's very judgmental....
    Sep 18, 2018