Comments on Profile Post by Deleted member 37987

1. Deleted member 37987
    Deleted member 37987
    Your reviews about survival game novels are kinda inconsistent if you ask me, but then you're also one of these rare people who agree that King of the battlefield is better than Reincarnator.
    Oct 12, 2018
  2. TerraEarth
    TerraEarth
    I don't think any of those points were stated to be plot-points, they were gripes. I recall reading through a good 100-200 chapters before leaving that review (it was quite a long time ago). If you think my reviews are inconsistent I'd be interested in seeing you point out which ones you're referring to out of curiosity.
    Oct 13, 2018
  3. Deleted member 37987
    Deleted member 37987
    The novel slowly unravel itself but it'll take something like 400 chapters until you have answers for those things if I recall. That's how slow the story is but I would say it's easily one of the best ones.

Inconsistency? 2 stars for a novel over what seems to be minor points, 3 stars for reicarnator (and I wouldn't understand how you think it's better) then 5 for King of the battlefield...
    Oct 13, 2018
  4. TerraEarth
    TerraEarth
    I don't buy the "It gets good bro, just read 500 chapters that's when it ramps up!" argument, which isn't even really a argument.

If I were to revisit KotB today I'd probably rate it a 4 and not a 5. I didn't like Reincarnator as much predominantly because of the repetitiveness of the arcs.
    Oct 13, 2018
  5. TerraEarth
    TerraEarth
    It was very interesting at the onset when you learned about the MC but then you realized his character is more of a driving force rather than an actual personality (i.e. his 'personality' is his mission/goal - nothing else comes into play for what he thinks about, says or does) combined with the repetitive nature of the arcs, it got old real fast. This is the main reason why I rated reincarnator below KotB.
    Oct 13, 2018
  6. Deleted member 37987
    Deleted member 37987
    I never said "it gets good" but that you're not pointing out actual loopholes. Really I don't see what's so outrageous or fun killing about the things you've mentionned, even. I get that people wouldn't like the novel because of the long dungeon arcs or something, but you didn't say nothing like that.
    Oct 13, 2018
  7. Deleted member 37987
    Deleted member 37987
    I wouldn't actually even claim it gets good, I think this novel was good since the beginning and a lot of future things are foreshadowed early by the author. It has one of the most solid stories among the novels of this website and keeps being consistent even after almost 700 chapters which is a really solid feat, with noticeably well written action that can appeal to most and even the world building is far from bad.
    Oct 13, 2018
  8. Deleted member 37987
    Deleted member 37987
    A few things did get kind of "dropped" from the novel like the use of stats and attributes, showing that the author indeed has had changes of mind but as for the two things you mentioned that sound like they're obviously outrageous to you… It's not even just explained! It's part of the main plot!
    Oct 13, 2018
  9. Deleted member 37987
    Deleted member 37987
    If you really need "spoilers" (otherwise do not read this post): yes the main character isn't the only irregularity and it indeed doesn't happen rarely, also there's a difference between accidental ones and intentionally created ones, why the GM ignores that other ones existed previously is part of the story as well and it's related to what you assume as an AI acting freely. (end of spoiler)
    Oct 13, 2018
  10. TerraEarth
    TerraEarth
    I really don't remember the story well enough to comment on the specifics, but I remember not enjoying it very much.
    Oct 14, 2018
  11. Deleted member 37987
    Deleted member 37987
    Ah I saw you again reviewing about Arena and you're again assuming things which are wrong. For example here you assumed that the skills don't evolve even though that's never precised and a dozen chapters later the opposite happens. Really I don't think the blame is on the novel, keeping mystery is a decent plot device at worst.
    Oct 27, 2018