So you’re a computer engineer huh? Seems nioce ~~
    Jan 14, 2019
  4. Lonelycity
    Lonelycity
    Lel yeah .... I don’t like to hijack threads XD
    Jan 14, 2019
  5. Jojo775
    Jojo775
    Yeah loading pages,text videos, pictures is like 2-3x resource less intense than writting stuff on the server, and your likes and comments need to be written.
    Jan 14, 2019
  6. Jojo775
    Jojo775
    Yeah it is,once I experienced zombie work of billing procedures for products and details I don't care for, I studied and got this job where you actually need to use your brain but it's not mindboggling.
    Jan 14, 2019
  7. Lonelycity
    Lonelycity
    Interesting....
    Jan 14, 2019
  8. Jojo775
    Jojo775
    my 2 bits of wisdom, I was lazy in college, life woke me up
    Jan 14, 2019
  9. Lonelycity
    Lonelycity
    Seems a bit taxing , no ?
    Jan 14, 2019
  10. Lonelycity
    Lonelycity
    Shrug.... imo college is the most relaxed phase of life. HS is stressing. Job too. But uni time is chill
    Jan 14, 2019
  11. Jojo775
    Jojo775
    Highschool? Nah my HS was a joke as most here are. Sure college was relaxed because you could fail and repeat courses, after all parents paid for them…(it's free here unless you fail, then you pay that which you failed only)
    Jan 14, 2019
  12. Jojo775
    Jojo775
    My job taxin? Nope, it's pretty relaxed, though level 2 is probably more tense but I'm not there yet.
    Jan 14, 2019
  13. Lonelycity
    Lonelycity
    Same ish lol
    HS was super taxing for us. Cuz you can get into good unis only by your HS score and stuff and once you are in a good one.... you can do whatever...
    Jan 14, 2019
  14. Arcturus
    Arcturus
    It's probably because of the uni I went to, but college was not really relaxed for me. It was super competitive
    Jan 14, 2019
  15. Lonelycity
    Lonelycity
    Arcy you’re American right ? How was your HS days easier ?? I think your education system is kind of opposite to ours... our HS is highly competitive....
    Jan 14, 2019
  16. Jojo775
    Jojo775
    Grades are important for getting into uni here too, there is also graduation exam that's super competitive now, it wasn't when I had it. The only difficult hs is a general hs that accepts only A students, I went to electrotechnical hs which was crap same as any other that's not general.
    But I was an A student so it was super easy to get high scores.
    Jan 14, 2019
  17. Lonelycity
    Lonelycity
    That’s nice jojo... which country is it for you !? Seems like mine XD
    Jan 14, 2019
  18. Jojo775
    Jojo775
    Croatia, you?
    Jan 14, 2019
  19. Lonelycity
    Lonelycity
    India
    Sooo many of us out here XD
    Jan 14, 2019
  20. Jojo775
    Jojo775
    Ah so we're comrades now, I work in an American outsourced company coz they can pay us here 3x less than in US XD, we call those companies Cro-India (coz of your famous call centers)
    Jan 14, 2019
  21. Arcturus
    Arcturus
    Well I went to public HS because my family isn't exactly rich. So you need good scores in HS, extracurriculars, as well as doing good on the National Tests to get into a good college
    Jan 14, 2019
  22. Arcturus
    Arcturus
    It's competitive, but not crazy. You just do the things you want to do.
    Jan 14, 2019
  23. Lonelycity
    Lonelycity
    HS in India are like this: 6 hrs of school.
    4 hrs of Tution/cram school
    2-3 hrs of self study..
    Repeat^
    2 years
    Jan 14, 2019
  24. Lonelycity
    Lonelycity
    And cro-India.... damn...
    Dude Philippines have same number of call centres too XXD
    Jan 14, 2019
  25. Lonelycity
    Lonelycity
    Still out of likes
    Jan 14, 2019
  26. Arcturus
    Arcturus
    I went to a very selective and prestigious college though since they gave me a really good scholarship (so it cost about as much as the public schools). And the environment was extremely different. I'm not the most ambitious person, but everyone there was moving at insane speeds, knew what they wanted from life, and it was extremely stressful.
    Jan 14, 2019
  27. Lonelycity
    Lonelycity
    Wow... that explains a lot. You overreached yourself ? Yeah that can happen. Did you burn out ?

I went to prestigious uni too... but compared to HS we barely had anything to do.. so yeah.
    Jan 14, 2019
  28. Arcturus
    Arcturus
    I took jobs/internships that were not as fast-tracked toward greater things like my friends did, since I wasn't looking for such a stressful lifestyle. Since I didn't like it and I was doing much more poorly while trying to survive it.
    Jan 14, 2019
  29. Jojo775
    Jojo775
    I feel ya Arc, I didn't know what I wanted until I was like 25, so that made my hs and college choice a guess, like I could do that probably? So I wasn't very happy with my choices, still not knowing what I wanted.
    Lonely I don't know about Phillies, those centers are for USA not Eastern Europe
    Jan 14, 2019
  30. Arcturus
    Arcturus
    I thought I knew what I was interested in, but I was wrong, so switched direction during my sophomore year. Then I knew what I was interested in, but there are levels. There's the people who are trying to become CEOs or professors in academia. And then there's me who just likes learning and doing certain things.
    Jan 14, 2019
  31. Arcturus
    Arcturus
    I wouldn't say I burnt out. More like partially broke down, but then managed to put myself back together again and graduate
    Jan 14, 2019
  32. Jojo775
    Jojo775
    Meh they probably sacrifice their social life, not worth it. You just need enough money to eventually buy a flat, a car and not just making by till the next paycheck.
    Jan 14, 2019
  33. Lonelycity
    Lonelycity
    Unlike you two.... I am still lost... walking and running on a treadmill. But I seem to go nowhere XD my life and studies haven’t had any significant meaningful change....
    Jan 14, 2019
  34. Arcturus
    Arcturus
    That's only what you need, but they wanted more. And I wouldn't say they sacrificed their social lives. Theses are the Type-A Personalities who thrive in being super busy and doing a ton of stuff to reach these high goals they've set.
    Jan 14, 2019
  35. Lonelycity
    Lonelycity
    @Jojo775 while Indians are the most common call center employees, our comrades in philli are equally active (they just lack the rabbit like population we have XXD)
    Jan 14, 2019
  36. Arcturus
    Arcturus
    I don't know if I would say I knwo what I want to do with myself. Just know what I hate >.>
    Jan 14, 2019
  37. Lonelycity
    Lonelycity
    Same ^
    Jan 14, 2019
  38. Jojo775
    Jojo775
    Maybe, maybe they're just cutthroat's. I mean why would you wanna be a CEO if you're an engineer, only managers should technically want that.
    Jan 14, 2019
  39. Lonelycity
    Lonelycity
    Same ^
    Posted one more time for emphasis XD
    Jan 14, 2019
  40. Lonelycity
    Lonelycity
    Some ppl excel at managing time and work arcy... they thrive at it... but the fatigue will catch up. So yeah... at the end of the day, it’s a full circle...
    Jan 14, 2019
  41. Jojo775
    Jojo775
    I know a guy who has devoted himself 'till now to programming, he has never dated before I think and now when he makes a lot of money and tries to get social, he simply doesn't have social skills. He is 31
    Jan 14, 2019
  42. Lonelycity
    Lonelycity
    That’s one extreme case XD
    Then there’s the other extreme arcy mentioned, those who did it all~~
    Jan 14, 2019
  43. Jojo775
    Jojo775
    Maybe, those people can be awfully materialistic. Maybe their partner will abandon them if they fail finacially. Derailing, I think Chinese women are a bit like that, cold and materialistic. Watch it on Asian Boss YouTube channel.
    Jan 14, 2019
  44. Lonelycity
    Lonelycity
    I guess... idk tbh
    Jan 14, 2019
  45. Jojo775
    Jojo775
    It's an interesting channel, there's also a few videos on India.
    Maybe I can hear your side, there was a discussion on accents, Americans think you're funny, and you think they're funny. That true?
    Jan 14, 2019
  46. Lonelycity
    Lonelycity
    We don’t think they’re funny... but our accents is unique for sure and American accent is accentless ?

And I think our accent does seem funny to them, can say from my experiences XD
    Jan 14, 2019
  47. Jojo775
    Jojo775
    Maybe they were refferint to rednecks or some other regional accents, but standard American could be called accentless I guess. I think Indian accent is exotic and likeable. Russian EN too, Croatian accent suckzzz
    Jan 14, 2019
    Lonelycity likes this.