Comments on Profile Post by Viola

1. Das
    Das
    That it is
    Feb 3, 2019
    Ruyue and Viola like this.
  2. Viola
    Viola
    That show is so underrated! I loved it, and Yin.
    Feb 3, 2019
    Das likes this.
  3. SoulZer0
    SoulZer0
    Underrated you say? It was quite well-known back then
    Feb 3, 2019
    AMissingLinguist, Viola and Ruyue like this.
  4. Viola
    Viola
    Ya, but it's fallen off since. It should be one of the ones that are always topping the lists.

i don't see any newer viewers talking about it at all.
    Feb 3, 2019
    Das and Ruyue like this.
  5. Das
    Das
    Aye I know, tis a sad thing indeed but not much we can do about it. Cant tell yah how many times I've watched it by now
    Feb 3, 2019
    Viola likes this.
  6. SoulZer0
    SoulZer0
    Literally happens to almost every single show. There are people watching it, they just don't talk about it
    Feb 3, 2019
    AMissingLinguist, Das and Viola like this.
  7. Deleted member 37987
    Deleted member 37987
    Lol it's a classic and you call it underrated?
    Feb 3, 2019
    Das and Viola like this.
  8. Deleted member 37987
    Deleted member 37987
    Well I haven't seen anyone talk of any great show actually, it's like only new stuff matters nowadays and the past is deprecated.
    Feb 3, 2019
    AMissingLinguist, Das and Viola like this.
  9. Das
    Das
    These damn kids these days
    Feb 3, 2019
    Viola likes this.
  10. Deleted member 37987
    Deleted member 37987
    I blame HxH11 and fmab, people started forgetting the old classics for remakes and then they got used to new graphics and can't watch old animes any more.
    Feb 3, 2019
    Das and Viola like this.
  11. Viola
    Viola
    Graphics are the primary draw nowadays from what I've seen.
    Which sucks since there are so many good shows that are just amazing, even some of their graphics hold up but apparently holding up isn't good enough. :(
    Feb 3, 2019
  12. Blitz
    Blitz
    It's an amazing anime. Sadly its a lot less known that stuff that came out during that period. The only reason I actually even saw it first was since they showed it on Tv once
    Feb 3, 2019
    Viola likes this.
  13. Das
    Das
    They need to give it a remake then and really go all out on it!
    Feb 3, 2019
    Viola likes this.
  14. Viola
    Viola
    Sucks that a remake is what is necessary to rekindle a Top 10 show (Imo). But true, it'd blow up if they gave the graphics a bump and didn't change the story. It'd be bonkers.
    Feb 3, 2019
    Das likes this.
  15. Das
    Das
    Yah know, I'd kill for them to do that... would love to see it get popular again
    Feb 3, 2019
    Viola likes this.
  16. Deleted member 37987
    Deleted member 37987
    Except remakes suck, look at HxH11, just refreshing graphics doesn't make a better show.
    Feb 3, 2019
  17. Das
    Das
    There have been plenty of good remakes tho
    Feb 3, 2019
  18. Deleted member 37987
    Deleted member 37987
    I can't think of one other than jojo.
    Feb 3, 2019
  19. Das
    Das
    I dont even watch jojo so I dont consider that one
    Feb 3, 2019
  20. Deleted member 37987
    Deleted member 37987
    I dunno about others that are good, I can only think of stuff like HxH11 where the only it's popular is because it adapts more of the anime and is newer, but everything else is worse and not just by a small margin.
    Feb 3, 2019
  21. Das
    Das
    There are plenty of good ones, if I had access to my list I could give a few. But it's to much effort to try and find the good ones just to give an example without that
    Feb 3, 2019
    Viola likes this.
  22. Deleted member 37987
    Deleted member 37987
    If you can't recall a name it mustn't have been that exceptional anyway!
    Feb 3, 2019
  23. Viola
    Viola
    There is a difference between exceptional and better.
    I thought this was now about what remakes were better than the original.
    Feb 3, 2019
  24. Deleted member 37987
    Deleted member 37987
    I would think you'd remember if it's better, and forget if doesn't amount to anything (even if it is objectively better). Doesn't sound like it's a common ocurrence anyway.
    Feb 3, 2019
  25. Viola
    Viola
    Meh, I've read books from many years ago that were fantastic but I've forgotten their names.
    If it was iconic to you, you wouldn't forget. But even good stuff gets muddled.
    Just as a comparison.
    Same applies here, it could be alot better. Perhaps not unforgettable but alot better. That wouldn't stop it from becoming more difficult to remember as time passes.
    Feb 3, 2019
  26. Deleted member 37987
    Deleted member 37987
    You would remember at least a few good books even if you can't recall them all!
    Feb 3, 2019
  27. Viola
    Viola
    That is true.
    Feb 3, 2019
  28. Das
    Das
    I'd remember some of the ones I absolutely fell in love with. Not some that were just simply better than the original
    Feb 3, 2019
    Viola likes this.
  29. Deleted member 37987
    Deleted member 37987
    But wouldn't you fall in love with it too then, if it's better than the original? Why didn't you? It's not like a video game where the script is easy to reproduce, when you remake an anime you have a new director, a new scriptwriter… and a totally different result, not just the same thing but slightly better! So if you didn't have the same feeling toward it, maybe it fell short somewhere?
    Feb 3, 2019
  30. Deleted member 37987
    Deleted member 37987
    I can't really give much of an example, but FMAB maybe? It is better as an adaptation in that it follows the manga, modern animation, etc. but as standalone work it was very bland and although it adapts well the manga, it lacks so much originality and there's so little soul to it that you're only watching it to see the manga being animated. It can't be called better than FMA2003, only more faithful to FMA the manga.
    Feb 3, 2019
  31. Viola
    Viola
    Just because you think it is better doesn't mean you have to love it too. You can recognize that something is better than its original iteration and not love it... or even like it. It is a comparative rating, not a standalone one.
    Feb 3, 2019
    Das likes this.
  32. Deleted member 37987
    Deleted member 37987
    Yeah you can have a separate subjective opinion. FMAB is an empty shell yet one of my favourite animes (although I looooove FMA2003 ten thousand times more).
    Feb 4, 2019
  33. Deleted member 37987
    Deleted member 37987
    But if it was better, you would remember anyway, one way or another!
    Feb 4, 2019
  34. Viola
    Viola
    The human's erratic ability to remember certain things would disagree, though this is different to each person the same can be said to your point.
    Not everyone will remember that, some will some won't. Described by all my previous points.
    Feb 4, 2019
    Das likes this.
  35. Das
    Das
    You way overestimate the human mind. I've got way to many other things on my plate in life to care that much about some anime I thought was better than the original
    Feb 4, 2019
    Viola likes this.