Comments on Profile Post by akki

1. OnceandFutureLurker
    OnceandFutureLurker
    to reflect real life maybe ?, my experience reading about real life geniuses is that they often do some incredibly idiotic things
    Feb 25, 2019
  2. HavekZero
    HavekZero
    cause cn writers like to live vicariously throught characters of their own creation and they're dumb as fuck hence their mcvs are dumb as fuck.
    Feb 25, 2019
  3. Westeller
    Westeller
    There are a few reasons, I guess.
    Feb 25, 2019
  4. Westeller
    Westeller
    For one, intelligent characters require intelligent problems. You can't actually have a clever, cunning protagonist in a world full of idiot young masters. And it's difficult to write intelligent side characters and design intelligent trials for an intelligent protagonist when you're writing two chapters a day to make a living.
    Feb 25, 2019
  5. Westeller
    Westeller
    Two, they're not actually going to describe their protagonist as a moron. That's not the kind of story they're writing. They're writing about a cunning, OP badass that overcomes the world. So of course they're going to describe him as a "cunning, OP badass." ... Even though he's not and they suck at writing. It's fine that the description doesn't match reality.
    Feb 25, 2019
  6. HavekZero
    HavekZero
    hey.

the best cn fics are ones where the mc is dumb as a sack of shit.

i mean have you read a will eternal?
    Feb 25, 2019
    Sabruness and Westeller like this.
  7. Westeller
    Westeller
    Three, because they suck at writing, they have put the plot before the protagonist, and now need the protagonist to play a role. They have devised a scenario, and need the protagonist to act in exactly the right way to fulfill that scenario. The protagonist does not have a character, basically. Instead, the protagonist is whatever character the plot currently requires.
    Feb 25, 2019
  8. Sabruness
    Sabruness
    Because if the protag is as dumb as a sack of bricks then they can engineer ridiculous drama that can be milked for 10s, if not 100s of chapters when anyone with a brain could solve it easily.
    Feb 25, 2019
  9. kyuukestu
    kyuukestu
    Well, you know like how JP authors have Gap Moe?

This is Gap IQ.
    Feb 26, 2019