Comments on Profile Post by Wujigege

1. ludagad
    ludagad
    I used to watch lots of Jdramas before, but gradually got disappointed with how they portray women, same with Cdramas. It's too far away from my own sensibilities. Only kdramas still have women who don't annoy me and feel more real. That's unless they go for the innocent wide-eyed type too.
    Mar 2, 2019
    Wujigege likes this.
  2. Wujigege
    Wujigege
    I only watch Japanese dramas with selfish cruel women.
    Most of their shows relegate women to supporting roles or arm accessories as Indians call it.
    Mar 2, 2019
  3. Wujigege
    Wujigege
    I forgot to ask what is your issue with women in Japanese dramas?
    For Korean, Taiwanese and Chinese dramas I find the women to usually be infantile
    For Japanese, the women seem to be second class citizens with no mind of their own
    I grew up on this song by Britney Spears- Born to Make you happy but now find it disturbing
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yy5cKX4jBkQ
    Mar 2, 2019
  4. Wujigege
    Wujigege
    This is why I only watch Japanese dramas with self centered selfish women like Kimi Wa Petto, Ohitorisama, Takane no Hana and I got a boyfriend with a loan haha
    Mar 2, 2019
  5. ludagad
    ludagad
    My issue is exactly that - the way they get treated and the way that has shaped their character. My problem isn't only the women, but also the setting they live in. It gets my blood pressure up watching how they get treated at their job for example. I hate it that most of them are conditioned to watch the mood and effectively behave as doormats for men to walk over.
    Mar 3, 2019
    Wujigege likes this.
  6. ludagad
    ludagad
    Of course, the infantile type annoys me a lot as well. So it's very hard for me to find dramas that don't annoy me lol. But I've found more kdramas that suit my taste than anywhere else. Twdramas are close second, if only they weren't all slice of life. I do prefer my female lead more mature with adequate behavior and social responses.
    Mar 3, 2019
    Wujigege likes this.
  7. Wujigege
    Wujigege
    I probably already recommended In Time With You and Iron Ladies but I will again.
    I can't stand stories like Come Eat Shanshan so I watched only season 1 of King of Blaze
    Mar 3, 2019