Comments on Profile Post by Cascadian Rex

1. Cascadian Rex
    Cascadian Rex
    -
    The first part is called "The Pledge". The magician shows you something ordinary: a deck of cards, a bird or a man. He shows you this object. Perhaps he asks you to inspect it to see if it is indeed real, unaltered, normal. But of course... it probably isn't.
    Apr 15, 2019
  2. Cascadian Rex
    Cascadian Rex
    -
    The second act is called "The Turn". The magician takes the ordinary something and makes it do something extraordinary. Now you're looking for the secret... but you won't find it, because of course you're not really looking. You don't really want to know. You want to be fooled. But you wouldn't clap yet.
    Apr 15, 2019
  3. Cascadian Rex
    Cascadian Rex
    -
    Because making something disappear isn't enough; you have to bring it back. That's why every magic trick has a third act, the hardest part, the part we call "The Prestige".”
    Apr 15, 2019
  4. Effugium
    Effugium
    Whats the prestige part?
    Apr 15, 2019
  5. Cascadian Rex
    Cascadian Rex
    The Prestige is a book by Christopher Priest
    Apr 15, 2019
  6. Bad Storm
    Bad Storm
    Have you watched the movie adaptation? It's what made me choose engineering xD
    Apr 15, 2019
    Cascadian Rex likes this.
  7. Effugium
    Effugium
    But what is the third part consist of.
    Apr 15, 2019
  8. Bad Storm
    Bad Storm
    Bringing back what disappeared is the prestige part
    Apr 15, 2019
  9. Cascadian Rex
    Cascadian Rex
    @Bad Storm
    I did, but went on a different part, I learn to love the rule of three, the beginning middle and end, and the 3 act system, I went into screen writing movie making and ultimately became a graphic designer.... go figure...
    Apr 15, 2019
    Bad Storm likes this.
  10. Bad Storm
    Bad Storm
    That sounds cool and fitting though. I guess the thing that influenced me most was the way technology was incorporated into the magic. Like Arthur Clarke has said, "any advance technology is indistinguishable from magic".
    Apr 15, 2019
  11. Effugium
    Effugium
    Uhh.... What?
    Apr 15, 2019
  12. Bad Storm
    Bad Storm
    Pfft hahaha. Have you watched the movie, @Effugium?
    Apr 15, 2019
  13. Effugium
    Effugium
    Not yet
    Apr 15, 2019
  14. Bad Storm
    Bad Storm
    Well, it just that one of the protagonist used a cloning machine made by tesla to do his trick, and I just found it awesome. Anyway, I recommend it. Haven't read the book yet but heard it was good too.
    Apr 15, 2019
  15. Scheherazade
    Scheherazade
    I just want to say, I love this book so much.
    Apr 30, 2019