OnceandFutureLurker
    Why , what happened ?
    Jun 25, 2019
    Karry and Femme Fatale like this.
  2. Femme Fatale
    Jun 25, 2019
  3. OnceandFutureLurker
    OnceandFutureLurker
    @Karry, did you fail to remove the plastic package that contains the innards which is normally with a whole raw chicken before cooking , if store bought. Or did you have to butcher it fresh ?
    Jun 25, 2019
    Karry and Femme Fatale like this.
  4. Karry
    Karry
    My dad bought a whole chicken out of whim without knowing how to cook it. My mom also doesn't know how to cook the whole thing so it fell to me and my brother to do it. BUT! Fun Fact: he and I also didn't know how to cook a WHOLE RAW CHICKEN.
    Jun 25, 2019
  5. Karry
    Karry
    We were bickering whether or not we should wash it in water (WHICH YOU FRICKIN DON'T. I won so no worries) and how to cook it. 10 mins into cooking it in the oven and we already burned a part of the thighs. The whole thing of 'chicken and bacteria' was also a thing since my mom put it in a bag and in the fridge.
    Jun 25, 2019
  6. Femme Fatale
    Femme Fatale
    So the chicken didn't come with instructions? Bummer. Next time try the internet, you get some pretty good recipes and tips, even videos!
    Jun 25, 2019
    Xieljhane and Karry like this.
  7. OnceandFutureLurker
    OnceandFutureLurker
    Hmm, if you seasoned it right blackened chicken actually tastes rather good
    Jun 25, 2019
    Xieljhane, Karry and Femme Fatale like this.
  8. Karry
    Karry
    It's still cooking in the oven though, smell wise it's turning out pretty well.
    Jun 25, 2019
  9. Karry
    Karry
    Chicken is done. Tastes great! If you ignore how dry it is.
    Jun 25, 2019
  10. Femme Fatale
    Femme Fatale
    Awesome \o/ Trial and error is good if you learn from it. I use oven bags to roast stuff...not only does it protect the oven from getting dirty, it makes clean up easier of the pan as well as keep your meat moist cause it cooks in it's juices.
    Jun 25, 2019
    OnceandFutureLurker and Karry like this.