Comments on Profile Post by Gandire Alea

1. Daisydacrazy
    Daisydacrazy
    It was fun to read in present tense. I usually read in past. It was good tho
    Jul 20, 2019
  2. Gandire Alea
    Gandire Alea
    All my writing is like that~
    Jul 20, 2019
    Daisydacrazy likes this.
  3. Daisydacrazy
    Daisydacrazy
    Oh. You have more?
    Jul 20, 2019
  4. Gandire Alea
    Gandire Alea
    Random stories here and there, yes~
    Jul 20, 2019
  5. Daisydacrazy
    Daisydacrazy
    >.< that’s nice. I wish I could write stories.
    Jul 20, 2019
  6. Gandire Alea
    Gandire Alea
    You come up with characters, have them interact, and see what happens??
    Jul 20, 2019
  7. Daisydacrazy
    Daisydacrazy
    I mean writing in general: my writing style is awkward and I can’t really come up with more dialogue tags
    Jul 20, 2019
    Effugium likes this.
  8. Gandire Alea
    Gandire Alea
    Dialogue tags?? Just have them talk to each other about what ever the issue is they need to talk about. It smoothens out over time, but for the author, how they talk will probably always feel awkward
    Jul 20, 2019
  9. Daisydacrazy
    Daisydacrazy
    Yeah. Said, cried, replied, asked, questioned, laughed. You know. And also I can’t seem to make their movements natural. When I reread, I always cringe
    Jul 20, 2019
  10. Gandire Alea
    Gandire Alea
    Oh, those. Usually, the current trend among actual authors is to just use said/says and let the descriptions and words show how they are saying. Tears ran down her face. Her voice cracked as she said, “D- don’t!”
    Jul 20, 2019
  11. Gandire Alea
    Gandire Alea
    Plenty of people here disagree with me on that, but I will stick to that method. In regards to movements, only describe one or two if they are relevent to what is happening or to the character’s personality??
    Jul 20, 2019
  12. Daisydacrazy
    Daisydacrazy
    Yes that works but what I cringe a lot about is when authors do this. She said in an angry tone, “How dare you!”
    I don’t like them using tone or something like that to do it. They could’ve use she said angrily, “How dare you!” It’s works much easier.
    Jul 20, 2019
  13. Gandire Alea
    Gandire Alea
    That seems more like the author trying to use “said” while avoiding “ly” words. The best solution there would be for the author to use movement to show she’s angry, like jabbing the other in the chest or smashing their glass of wine into the floor.
    Jul 20, 2019
  14. Gandire Alea
    Gandire Alea
    That solution can be tiring t do every single time, so some authors settle for the cringy compromise.
    Jul 20, 2019
  15. Daisydacrazy
    Daisydacrazy
    Yep. Using “ly” all the time doesn’t work either cause it also hurts reading said so many times
    Jul 20, 2019
  16. Gandire Alea
    Gandire Alea
    The idea with using “said” is that readers will gloss over the word “said” and go straight to the dialoge.
    Jul 20, 2019
  17. Daisydacrazy
    Daisydacrazy
    Ya. But if I read it too often in a book. I don’t like it and start to cringe every time the word said is said.they have to use a decent amount of others too
    Jul 20, 2019
  18. Gandire Alea
    Gandire Alea
    I just avoid using it all together when I can~
    Jul 20, 2019
  19. Daisydacrazy
    Daisydacrazy
    Well every author has their own style and so does the reader (๑>ᴗ<๑)
    Jul 20, 2019
  20. Gandire Alea
    Gandire Alea
    Although, in that case, I get the feeling my professor would say, “If you notice the word said being used, then the author is doing a bad job keeping you immersed in the story.”
    Jul 20, 2019
  21. Daisydacrazy
    Daisydacrazy
    Haha lol. To me it’s okay as long as it isn’t used so much
    Jul 20, 2019