Comments on Profile Post by Westeller

1. Westeller
    Westeller
    Don't you dare try to highlight anything on the page, much less copy anything. Or y'know, even look at it funny. They'll IP ban you from the site immediately. LOL.
    Aug 21, 2019
    AMissingLinguist likes this.
  2. Westeller
    Westeller
    Ofc, it's all totally pointless. Their stuff is on aggregators anyway.
    Aug 21, 2019
  3. jbturkle
    jbturkle
    So their methods don't even work? Seems kinda pointless to me. Possibly even detrimental, given that people are banned from viewing the content on the actual, legitimate site.
    Aug 21, 2019
    AMissingLinguist and Westeller like this.
  4. Bakaturq
    Bakaturq
    Imagine if sites start spamming a number of pop up ads the moment you try to copy /highlight text on their site. The amount of ad revenue they could get, plus it prevents text thieves. 2 birds w/ 1 stone
    Aug 21, 2019
  5. Bakaturq
    Bakaturq
    Baiting you into thinking that you could deal with it. If you diligently close the ads 1 by 1. But after 10-20 chapters in, you slam your keyboard/mouse in frustration and give up. Whilst they get around a few hundreds of ad revenue
    Aug 21, 2019
  6. Westeller
  7. Westeller
    Westeller
    And a comment from a chapter of the site
    "I just want to say what a crap website this is. I just wanted to use developer tools to get rid of the top title bar because normally i zoom in on my computer to read. Because i zoom in the top bar takes 1/4 of my screen. Hence i want to remove it and just read the words. But ohhh no, you block me from even entering the site. Good job."
    Aug 21, 2019
    Donutmindme and AMissingLinguist like this.
  8. Westeller
    Westeller
    I actually got IP banned for copying that comment.
    Aug 21, 2019
    Everlasting Spring likes this.
  9. Bakaturq
    Bakaturq
    What about screenshots?
    Aug 21, 2019
  10. Westeller
    Westeller
    I didn't try to take one, but I wouldn't be surprised if it tripped some other detection. These guys are really protective. ... Not that it does any good. Just antagonizes people actually trying to read on their site.
    Aug 21, 2019
  11. Everlasting Spring
    Everlasting Spring
    That's hilarious!!
    Aug 21, 2019
  12. jbturkle
    jbturkle
    That's just... Ugh. I hope they realize that they're helping no one, not even themselves. Especially themselves.
    Aug 21, 2019
    AMissingLinguist likes this.
  13. Bakaturq
    Bakaturq
    Well, i can see from your avi how hurt you were about how the other teller treated you...
    There there...
    Aug 21, 2019
    Westeller likes this.