Sep 21, 2019
  4. Pyoo
    Pyoo
    Hush not here
    Sep 21, 2019
    iampsyx and Bielt like this.
  5. Arcturus
    Arcturus
    The spoilers are pretty bad. I will refrain from ruining them for you.
    Sep 21, 2019
    Bielt likes this.
  6. Bielt
    Bielt
    XD
    Hahaha~
    Okay~
    But then I will have to bother you all with a bit of my view on the novel magics~
    Xb
    Sep 21, 2019
  7. Bielt
    Bielt
    Well starting by the first
    Blood magic~
    It's basically ki... Well not really a problem, in fact it's nice that he skipped the cliche thing but my problem with it is that he skipped the cliche just to end up saying "yeah that is it" and fall to cliche back~
    Sep 21, 2019
  8. Bielt
    Bielt
    Gold magic
    I like the idea, I really like the idea, I hate the execution tho~
    The idea that gold is cursed but gives power is awesome, and it would also explain things like why dragons hoard it, but damn tacticile telekinesis like that was simply killing the potential it had~
    Sep 21, 2019
  9. Bielt
    Bielt
    Bone magic~
    It's awesome, the idea of it being using the essence kept within the bones cause bones do represent a part of our essence it's arguably our core and what will rest of us years after death
    Sep 21, 2019
    iampsyx likes this.
  10. Bielt
    Bielt
    But I think that it should be expanded, the way it appears basically forces it into being a buffer/healer while if he just made them able to move bones or extract and use harmful essences from the bones would give it a much bigger array of uses.
    Sep 21, 2019
  11. Bielt
    Bielt
    Gem magic
    That was awlful... Geology/gemology has so much meaning and belives on our real world which he didn't even need to create new things to make it good, instead he made something which even the MC things is not well thought~
    It feels more like just learning how to use a magical tool than doing magic~
    Sep 21, 2019
  12. Bielt
    Bielt
    Skin magic~
    Well.lets start from Tattoo magic, it's very well done and I like it more than D&D normal mage.
    Scar magic sounds interesting in the concept tho I seriously don't know why Fenn can't simply pay someone to fix hers cause like skin magic is all about moving skin so technically even MC could do it~
    Sep 21, 2019
  13. Bielt
    Bielt
    Now finally skin magic itself~
    Well I think that it should have more direct uses both because as it is, is basically just a medium for other magic, and because I can think of so many uses for being able to move and control my skin, like you could make yourself resistant to cuts by simply raising how flexible your skin is, and even partially absorbs impacts by making your skin ripple~
    Sep 21, 2019
  14. Bielt
    Bielt
    Revert magic
    The author made something which should be equilibrated, then turn it in something absurdly OP and then make a DEX out of the situation by making Mary's sword able prevent his ability when there was absolutely no mentioning of it being able to do anything like that.
    Sep 21, 2019
  15. Bielt
    Bielt
    Stasis magic or something like that
    It sounds both strong and week? I don't understand parts of it... @w@

Warding magic
    was done nicely, op in the sense that the guys can throw wards in relatively small amount of time but it's still nice
    Sep 21, 2019
  16. Arcturus
    Arcturus
    We've seen a lot of bone magic this far, and I want to say it has quite a few uses that you aren't giving it credit for.

Though the coolest idea in Worth the Candle is definitely the exclusion system. It's the perfect system for a LitRPG honestly. It gets rid of all of those stupidly broken OP ways to manipulate things.
    Sep 21, 2019
    Bielt likes this.
  17. Bielt
    Bielt
    XD
    Well I am not up the lastest chapter yet so I couldn't see the other uses for it and well it's not like I didn't like it, the concept it very good

I still didn't get to see the exclusion system but I really like that it basically forces him to spread his points cause the skills have secondary attributes
    Sep 21, 2019
  18. Arcturus
    Arcturus
    Well it doesnt force you to do it. And there are stats that you might think you don't need until proven otherwise.
    Sep 22, 2019
    Bielt likes this.
  19. Bielt
    Bielt
    XD
    True~!

But Arc~!
    Give me more recommendations!

Worth the Candle is good but not as bing reading friendly~ as I wish it to be~
    I need another novel to read for a bit~
    >w<)
    Sep 22, 2019
  20. Arcturus
    Arcturus
    What sort of webnovel are you looking for?
    Sep 22, 2019
    Bielt likes this.
  21. Bielt
    Bielt
    Something interesting and bing-reading friendly~

Doesn't need to be completed but something short or medium number of chapters?
    Sep 23, 2019
  22. iampsyx
    iampsyx
    Just finished Worth the Candle Book I! \o/ It's quite fun — reminds me of Mother of Learning without the annoying restarts. The worldbuilding kinda feels like it would have better suited a visual format rather than text but I suppose that's normal for D&D-based stories.
    Sep 23, 2019
    Bielt likes this.
  23. iampsyx
    iampsyx
    I like the game mechanic/system part best so far, and even though the beginning wasn't that much engaging, things start picking up when the first party member is introduced. Really looking forward to catching up to the latest update!
    Sep 23, 2019
    Bielt likes this.
  24. iampsyx
    iampsyx
    @Bielt What's considered binge-reading friendly?
    Sep 23, 2019
    Bielt likes this.
  25. Arcturus
    Arcturus
    Honestly most novels I consider binge-friendly aren't very good. They're more popcorn series that you can read with little investment.
    Sep 23, 2019
    Bielt and iampsyx like this.
  26. Arcturus
    Arcturus
    The biggest problem with WtC imo is how the author's personality leaks into and overwhelms all of the characters at times. Also the random tangents he likes to go on can get quite tiresome and dramatically slow the pace down.
    Sep 23, 2019
    Bielt and iampsyx like this.
  27. Bielt
    Bielt
    XD
    Popcorn novels is such funny way to say it XD

Well psyx for me bing-friendly novels are basically any novel which is interesting and has an good balance between the drama/action and a more slow development~

Like too much drama and feels make the novel get heavy and I end up needing to get some air before continuing
    Sep 25, 2019
    iampsyx likes this.
  28. Bielt
    Bielt
    I forgot the name right now but some months ago I had read a novel which was my perfect example of bing-reading friendly it had a very good pace of pulling you into a drama-suspence and then letting things cool down before throwing you down at another
    Sep 25, 2019
    iampsyx likes this.
  29. iampsyx
    iampsyx
    Mmm I still don't get whether the stuff I usually read can be called binge-friendly
    but Worm definitely is not — that one was pretty intense. XD
    Sep 28, 2019
  30. iampsyx
    iampsyx
    I'm now at WTC's Book 4 or 5 I think (when the fifth party member is introduced) and can I just say that #BestGirlAmaryllis is my wifey? XD I really, really hope she doesn't end up with the MC for some reason or another and instead develops as a story character on her own! Not everything should revolve around protagonists!! The new member is quite interesting too.
    Sep 28, 2019
  31. Arcturus
    Arcturus
    Which one was that, The nonanima?
    Sep 28, 2019
    iampsyx likes this.
  32. iampsyx
    iampsyx
    Yeah, that one.
    Sep 28, 2019
  33. Arcturus
    Arcturus
    Wow you've still got a ton of story left to go through. I've forgotten how much has been written this far.
    Sep 28, 2019
    iampsyx likes this.
  34. iampsyx
    iampsyx
    I finished book 5! Only a few chapters left till I catch up, I think. \o/
    Oct 2, 2019
  35. iampsyx
    iampsyx
    That was quite the way to break up a love triangle. I approve so much. XD
    Oct 2, 2019
  36. Arcturus
    Arcturus
    Wait you actually liked the fridging of that character?

Also, I really don't think Juniper and Amaryllis go well together. If anything, over time they've been growing apart.
    Oct 2, 2019
    iampsyx likes this.
  37. iampsyx
    iampsyx
    Fridging? How so?

Mmm in another reality where they'd get together, I think they'd be a power couple, but likely one with a shakey relationship (and epic fights, if they push each other too much).
    Oct 2, 2019
  38. Arcturus
    Arcturus
    Well it really just felt like using her death as a plot device. Emotionally and in terms of character development it's been rather poorly handled imo.
    Oct 3, 2019
    iampsyx likes this.
  39. Arcturus
    Arcturus
    Part of it is that she's so much like him in terms of how they try to logically perceive the world. And the ways that they are different don't complement each other well. So they're too much alike in the wrong ways.
    Oct 3, 2019
    iampsyx likes this.
  40. iampsyx
    iampsyx
    Waaaaaiiiiiiit that's a spoiler! A spoiler! By breaking up a love triangle I meant Mary-chan and her soul! >____<;;;;;;;; Who's gonna die NUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
    Oct 3, 2019
  41. iampsyx
    iampsyx
    But, hey, at least the author's got guts to kill off a party member. XD (Pls don't let it be Maryyyyy please noooooooooooooooooooo)
    Oct 3, 2019
  42. iampsyx
    iampsyx
    Ah, yeah, that's true. Although Mary's "rationality" seems to be more on the ruthless and calculating side.

Valencia's slowly turning into my second favorite chara! Her relationship with Mary is so adorable~
    Oct 3, 2019
  43. Bielt
    Bielt
    Oh~
    Right talking about death~
    Did the mc died already~?
    Cause after seeing the options and the trivia after the imp I am about 80% sure that mc will die at some point~
    Go to hell and find a way to jump back to that world~
    Oct 3, 2019
    iampsyx likes this.
  44. Arcturus
    Arcturus
    Oh yeah, thaaaaaat. oopsie?
    Oct 3, 2019
    iampsyx likes this.
  45. Arcturus
    Arcturus
    You still have quite a few chapters to go if you're still at that point. I thought you were further along
    Oct 3, 2019
    iampsyx likes this.
  46. Arcturus
    Arcturus
    And Valencia is a very interesting character, particularly in how different she is from the others.
    Oct 3, 2019
    iampsyx likes this.
  47. iampsyx
    iampsyx
    “Juniper, you did very well when you pointed out that your companions were all sexually appealing to you.”

I frowned at her, but her look was the picture of innocence. “I’d rather not talk about that,” I said. “It makes me uncomfortable.”

“All companions?” asked Grak. He was speaking toward Valencia, but I noticed an eyebrow raised in my direction.
    Oct 3, 2019
  48. iampsyx
    iampsyx
    This cracks me up so much ahahahahahhaa
    Oct 3, 2019
  49. Arcturus
    Arcturus
    Ah, the funny thing is that Grak is actually something like a princess in dwarven culture
    Oct 4, 2019
    iampsyx likes this.
  50. iampsyx
    iampsyx
    Ah yeah, the joke about the harem of princesses lol
    Oct 4, 2019
  51. Arcturus
    Arcturus
    Also @iampsyx , you should read Metal and Magic. It's a great (relatively) new webnovel that I think would be really up your alley.
    Nov 18, 2019