Comments on Profile Post by BB_Tensei

1. BB_Tensei
    BB_Tensei
    We shame each other and are shamed for having identities, for underperforming, for imperfections, yet also for complaining. We're guilty of all that's wrong, yet we weren't born this way. As a gender we're burdened by the sins of our forefathers, but who else is?
    Dec 11, 2019
    otaku31 likes this.
  2. BB_Tensei
    BB_Tensei
    We are taught that we must achieve, but never applauded for it. We see and we envy all others. Whenever there's a problem we are not called to fix it. We are expeceted to serve in fixing it instead. The proverbial jar of society must be opened by us, and then we get nagged for making a joke about it. Those that mean harm among us are empowered by others' expectations, yet our good deeds are never applauded.
    Dec 11, 2019
    otaku31 likes this.
  3. BB_Tensei
    BB_Tensei
    Why is it considered a victory when we concede? We are not omnipotent, we decided to be better people and the only reward we receive is blame. If our desires differ from those of others, we are in the wrong. It cannot be otherwise, for we are born sinners.
    Dec 11, 2019
    otaku31 likes this.
  4. BB_Tensei
    BB_Tensei
    Only the most desirable among us are allowed pride. We can be fat shamed, we can be considered ugly, we cannot cover our imperfections, yet we cannot boldly love ourselves. We cannot be weak, but we can be weakened. It is so, because unlike anybody else, we are the only ones who are competing with everybody else. Women are united, LGBT are united, races are united, but the average man is an enemy even of himself.
    Dec 11, 2019
    otaku31 likes this.
  5. BB_Tensei
    BB_Tensei
    @Femme Fatale I made a statement. It will also prove itself right without the need of anybody's support. xD
    Dec 11, 2019
  6. Femme Fatale
    Femme Fatale
    See....TOO LONG. The length of your statements bogs down what you want most...to capture attention of a reader to start a conversation. Like you did. ^.^ It inspired you to write so.....in a roundabout way...Thank You. ^.^
    Dec 11, 2019
    BB_Tensei likes this.
  7. BB_Tensei
    BB_Tensei
    tl;dr is why we can't have nice thoughts in social discourse.
    Dec 11, 2019
    Femme Fatale likes this.
  8. Femme Fatale
    Femme Fatale
    Of course you can. :) Why couldn't you?
    Dec 11, 2019
    BB_Tensei likes this.
  9. BB_Tensei
    BB_Tensei
    It limits one's options to easy to crunch messages. xD As a result no new information is conveyed, and we get stuck in the same loops.
    Dec 11, 2019
  10. Femme Fatale
    Femme Fatale
    Hmm....do you fish?
    Dec 11, 2019
    BB_Tensei likes this.
  11. BB_Tensei
    BB_Tensei
    I love fish. The taste is among my favorites.
    Dec 11, 2019
  12. BB_Tensei
    BB_Tensei
    As for fishing itself, I'm an amateur at it, but at least I know how to use the tools.
    Dec 11, 2019
    Femme Fatale likes this.
  13. DocB
    DocB
    what is a man?
    Dec 11, 2019
    Femme Fatale likes this.
  14. DocB
    DocB
    a miserable little pile of secrets
    Dec 11, 2019
    Loni4ever likes this.
  15. Femme Fatale
    Femme Fatale
    Sorry, I had to go afk.
    Dec 11, 2019
  16. Femme Fatale
    Femme Fatale
    Okay so....getting someone's attention to read your work is like fishing.
    Dec 11, 2019
  17. Femme Fatale
    Femme Fatale
    You research what fish are in the area, find the right tackles and lures, bait and cast and then get comfortable cause you know this will take time usually.

As far as the fish is concerned, a delicious bit of dinner has arrived and it's gonna eat it.
    Dec 11, 2019
  18. Loni4ever
    Loni4ever
    @DocB aren't we all hahaha xD
    Dec 11, 2019
    DocB likes this.
  19. Femme Fatale
    Femme Fatale
    You, as a writer, are a fisherman. You know everything you want to convey, but you need to find the right words to bait your prospective audience.
    Dec 11, 2019
    Loni4ever likes this.
  20. Femme Fatale
    Femme Fatale
    Having a standalone work doesn't mean you have to spell everything out in detail or that you give people an answer....sometimes it's just a whisper or leaving the right questions in their minds.
    Dec 11, 2019
    Loni4ever likes this.
  21. Loni4ever
    Loni4ever
    Amusing observation: to me, it seems like @Femme Fatale is empowering women while @BB_Tensei is kinda victimizing men (edit: making them out to be victims or so. Wasn't sure about the expression "victimize"). I can see why, still amusing though xD
    Dec 11, 2019
    Femme Fatale likes this.
  22. BB_Tensei
    BB_Tensei
    And that's what I meant by limited discourse. I'm not victimizing men, I'm complaining we're no longer empowered. xD Why should empowerment be a privilege and not a fundamental right?
    Dec 11, 2019
    Femme Fatale likes this.
  23. Femme Fatale
    Femme Fatale
    Men don't need to feel empowered because you are.
    Dec 11, 2019
  24. Femme Fatale
    Femme Fatale
    You do not understand it, but every woman can see it.
    Dec 11, 2019
  25. Loni4ever
    Loni4ever
    @BB_Tensei may I ask what it would look like if, from your point of view, men were empowered again?
    Dec 11, 2019
    Femme Fatale likes this.
  26. BB_Tensei
    BB_Tensei
    Is that like "Well women are pretty, aren't they?" And the Caren enters, but Caren's average, so nobody pays attention to her. xD Not all men are empowered, only those women like to look at.
    Dec 11, 2019
  27. Femme Fatale
    Femme Fatale
    That is a good question @Loni4ever *in thrall of your intellect*
    Dec 11, 2019
    Loni4ever likes this.
  28. BB_Tensei
    BB_Tensei
    @Loni4ever Well I'd like to see a world in which we're all confident and bold. Instead almost all of us are constantly depressed and frustrated. Women help each other with empowering messages. Men no longer do that.
    Dec 11, 2019
    Loni4ever likes this.
  29. Loni4ever
    Loni4ever
    @Femme Fatale *appreciates your appreciation* >w<

@BB_Tensei seems like a nice world :D what would those empowering messages for men sound like? :)
    Dec 11, 2019
  30. BB_Tensei
    BB_Tensei
    @Loni4ever only one is really necessary, "It's okay not to compete", and maybe add "You are still human even when you don't have sex and money". Messages for men don't need to be indirect, honestly. We don't really need to be told to love our body, for example,we just need to be told it's useful even when it's not a tool for others. :D
    Dec 11, 2019
    Loni4ever likes this.
  31. Loni4ever
    Loni4ever
    Those are awesome messages :D I think that'd go for humans in general: "it's not about how your body looks, it's about what you do with it"~
    Kinda sucks that traditionally, women were oftentimes valued by their looks while men were valued by their money/power. I'm sure it'll get a lot better though :D
    Dec 11, 2019
    Femme Fatale likes this.
  32. BB_Tensei
    BB_Tensei
    Nah, humankind loves disparity. In actual practice, men don't really care about a woman's looks, unless the difference between them is too large. However since people don't really recognize that women are competitive and want to be the best as well, there's no actual cross-gender solution for women who cannot compete with prettier ones for group attention. :D
    Dec 11, 2019
  33. BB_Tensei
    BB_Tensei
    Actually, before the industrial revolution made women into dedicated housewives, women were valued for their work just as much, as their looks, similar to men. We should go back to such an ideal, I believe.
    Dec 11, 2019
    Loni4ever likes this.
  34. Loni4ever
    Loni4ever
    I don't really get what you mean by this: "... there's no actual cross-gender solution for women who cannot compete with prettier ones for group attention"
    I don't see what problem you mean? xD
    Dec 11, 2019
    BB_Tensei likes this.
  35. Femme Fatale
    Femme Fatale
    I'm still thinking about the whole man thing and i'm enjoying the exercise, but must admit how daunting it is.
    Dec 11, 2019
    Loni4ever and BB_Tensei like this.
  36. Loni4ever
    Loni4ever
    Dec 11, 2019
    Femme Fatale likes this.
  37. BB_Tensei
    BB_Tensei
    @Loni4ever quite simply, for men there's an established idea that not looking good can be compensated for with something else. xD If there's one thing that men are supported in doing, it's compensating for their genetics with hard work. So telling women that "looks are not everything" is just half the message, really.
    Dec 11, 2019
  38. Loni4ever
    Loni4ever
    And the other half would be what they can compensate with = hard work; just like men? I'm still not sure if I get what you mean xD
    Dec 11, 2019
  39. BB_Tensei
    BB_Tensei
    Well, depends on which route humanity wants to go for, honestly. If we are to keep overworking ourselves to compete with each other, then yes, women should also get laid for working hard and providing for their partners. If we decide to go for the more meaningful route, all bets are off. xD
    Dec 11, 2019
  40. BB_Tensei
    BB_Tensei
    I personally believe people should just go for whoever feels like their soulmate and not care about vain overt crap, but that requires maturity.
    Dec 11, 2019
    Loni4ever likes this.
  41. Pachia320
    Pachia320
    Woahhh. You sounded so smart right there but then the comments are like....
    Dec 12, 2019
  42. BB_Tensei
    BB_Tensei
    I'm fluent in many types of English. xD If something sounds stupid to you, it means you don't get it, really. Even the dumbest of people are actually expressing more than just the words that come out of their mouths. You have to discern the meaning behind each sentence, to avoid being just as much of an idiot, right?
    Dec 12, 2019
    Loni4ever and Pachia320 like this.
  43. Pachia320
    Pachia320
    So..am I an idiot or just simple minded?
    Dec 12, 2019
    Loni4ever likes this.
  44. BB_Tensei
    BB_Tensei
    Nah, you're just edgy or smth. xD
    Dec 12, 2019
    Pachia320 likes this.